Recruiting...The Discussion

BTW, my YIM is RadiomanATL.

My email address is [email protected]

For those that don't want to use PM's anymore, for whatever reason that may be.

I'm so going to spam you with free trails for hair-loss pills and Nairobi scholarship applications.
dont forget the various breast and penis enlargement spams
;)

If my penis gets any larger I'm going to have to rename it from The Summer Sausage to Godzilla.

Last edited:
Exactly, why am I a sleazoid?
Is this because I didn't defend you over the **** thing?

What part of "I don't need you to defend me" did you knot understand?

That's not how you spell 'not', WillowTree, you ignoramous*, you.

*I thought it best to save you the trouble/difficulty of looking it up for yourself.

Mind your own damn business whydonchya? I spell NOT Knot in honor of TruthDon'tMeanShit. She likes it.

I think the reason for the new rule might be that it's become obvious in the past couple of weeks that several newbies have attempted to commandeer threads with single-minded opinions on select issues. They all seem to parrot each other, and that led at least me to believe they arrived from some other board. Maybe when they didn't get their way (i.e., "winning" their bizarre arguments), they tried to "recruit" people here back over to where they came from.

That's just a guess, based solely on my observations lately.

If you are referring to the spamming posters that have been addressed a number of times it would seem to me that recruitment would be encouraged..."take them with you and don't let the door hit you in the ass" sort of thing.

:razz:

What part of "I don't need you to defend me" did you knot understand?

*I thought it best to save you the trouble/difficulty of looking it up for yourself.

Mind your own damn business whydonchya? I spell NOT Knot in honor of TruthDon'tMeanShit. She likes it.

Taking into consideration whether or not you're entitled to quote and comment on a comment made on an internet message board would rather restrict the ebb and flow of online discussions. Furthermore, the address of the platform that you published the comment that I quoted you on is prefixed by "www" aka "world wide web"; and to object to my [unsolicited] interuption rather suggests that you're yet to grasp the very nature of an online message board, WillowTree.

Although I concede that I was unaware of your (supposedly) intentional misspelling of the adverb I initially pulled you up on.

As you were, WillowTree.

Taking into consideration whether or not you're entitled to quote and comment on a comment made on an internet message board would rather restrict the ebb and flow of online discussions. Furthermore, the address of the platform that you published the comment that I quoted you on is prefixed by "www" aka "world wide web"; and to object to my [unsolicited] interuption rather suggests that you're yet to grasp the very nature of an online message board, WillowTree.

Although I concede that I was unaware of your (supposedly) intentional misspelling of the adverb I initially pulled you up on.

As you were, WillowTree.

:lol:

Ya...Ya... I read the EDICT.. OK Gunny... Your board..Your rules.

I would like to see a little common sense weasel it's way into a discussion on this topic.

Recruiting is a two way street. Two members asked me what happened to a certain member by PM and I told them by PM where they could find that member. As it turns out one of the two was already aware of that location and was just pulling my chain.

What troubles me about THE EDICT is that I have personally recruited at least a hundred people in the real world to USMB. Now I feel stupid for the effort because the admin feels that it is wrong to try to bring new people to a site they find useful or entertaining. Granted I did not recruit for USMB on any web site... that is because for the last two years I have participated in no other political message board. I'm loyal like that.

BTW ..I'm 100% in Gunny's camp on any kind of recruiting or sales on the message board.

I would like to see a change in admin policy about PMs and discussing other sites. A PM should be sacred ground. If someone PM's me about so and so and I say .."Ya..I ran into so and so over at blah blah blah.com" That should be the bidness of the parties of the PM.

I know this much. I won't be actively recruiting for this site any more until there is recognition of it's two way nature and the sanctity of PM's.

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

Simple answer.

The owner of this board does not allow advertising without his permission. You want to deal, I'll hook you up.

You bring people here because you want to share, go for it. When you get your head up your ass because Gunny won't change the rules to suit your little wet diaper, too f-ing bad.

Of all people, I'd think you'd be the last person to give a fuck if I let others say ****** on this board. Some stupid fucks think they're so damned smart they can't even figure out they're as much of a hater as those they accuse of hating.

I run this board fair, down the middle. I don't care if you're white and say ****** anymore than I care if you're black and call me honky.

Ya...Ya... I read the EDICT.. OK Gunny... Your board..Your rules.

I would like to see a little common sense weasel it's way into a discussion on this topic.

Recruiting is a two way street. Two members asked me what happened to a certain member by PM and I told them by PM where they could find that member. As it turns out one of the two was already aware of that location and was just pulling my chain.

What troubles me about THE EDICT is that I have personally recruited at least a hundred people in the real world to USMB. Now I feel stupid for the effort because the admin feels that it is wrong to try to bring new people to a site they find useful or entertaining. Granted I did not recruit for USMB on any web site... that is because for the last two years I have participated in no other political message board. I'm loyal like that.

BTW ..I'm 100% in Gunny's camp on any kind of recruiting or sales on the message board.

I would like to see a change in admin policy about PMs and discussing other sites. A PM should be sacred ground. If someone PM's me about so and so and I say .."Ya..I ran into so and so over at blah blah blah.com" That should be the bidness of the parties of the PM.

I know this much. I won't be actively recruiting for this site any more until there is recognition of it's two way nature and the sanctity of PM's.

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

Simple answer.

The owner of this board does not allow advertising without his permission. You want to deal, I'll hook you up.

You bring people here because you want to share, go for it. When you get your head up your ass because Gunny won't change the rules to suit your little wet diaper, too f-ing bad.

Of all people, I'd think you'd be the last person to give a fuck if I let others say ****** on this board. Some stupid fucks think they're so damned smart they can't even figure out they're as much of a hater as those they accuse of hating.

I run this board fair, down the middle. I don't care if you're white and say ****** anymore than I care if you're black and call me honky.

*******??? Honkys???? WTF???? The main board???? Christ onna pogo stick Gunny!!!!

The OP ONLY has to do with PMs. All THIS member wanted to accomplish is a little discussion on if there could be a reasonable delineation agreed on that differentiates casual mention of other sites of interest and actual organized or intentional recruiting by the usage of PMs. I have no opinion about moderation towards people that actively misuse the features of this MB to build membership elsewhere. Burn em to the ground for all I care.

The EDICT sparks a gloomy dark pall cloud over the sanctity of PMs. I come here because of the freedom of speech and the honesty of the moderation. IMHO this site has the best mix of those two qualities of any MB I have seen. I just feel "The Announcement" could have been a little less draconian.

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

"HUGGY peeks up over the sand bags of his bunker" Is it safe??????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Man O Man!!! A guy could get killed around here!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naaaaa you practically have to beg to be banned. Ask Sky Dancer.
As for neg rep ? yes--you could be blasted into oblivion yet you could still have your voice heard.
fate worse than death :lol:

Do the math, Diaper boy. I hope your math is better than some other posters.

Not if I sneaked up on ya and negged ya 1,000 times when ya weren't lookin FIRST!!!

:lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Only problem...I haven't ever negged anybody. There are FAR more noxious peeps to hit if I ever wanted to break my rule.

Now Divey...he would!!! He negs me just for the fuck of it whenever the thought crosses his evil little mind!!!:eek:

Not if I sneaked up on ya and negged ya 1,000 times when ya weren't lookin FIRST!!!

Only problem...I haven't ever negged anybody. There are FAR more noxious peeps to hit if I ever wanted to break my rule.

Now Divey...he would!!! He negs me just for the fuck of it whenever the thought crosses his evil little mind!!!:eek:
now you are just lying

Sheesh.. considering the insults you receive in "The List", I'm kinda surprised..:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back