Record cold forcing rethink on global warming!

Meanwhile, back in reality, January 2019 was warmer than average over the continental USA.

Deniers won't be able to understand how that's so, because they're very stupid people.

statewidetavgrank-201901.png
explain the map. what do the numbers in each state represent?

Cause I know in Illinois it isn't 60 degrees Feb 4.
Statewide rankings for average temperature for January 2019, as compared to each January since records began in 1895. Darker shades of red indicate higher rankings for heat, with 1 denoting the coldest January on record and 125 the warmest.
:dunno:
Is that supposed to denote that you don't understand my explanation?

If so I can't help you, that's about as clearly as I can tell you.
so pick a state, say Illinois and explain what the 60 represents.
1 being coldest and 125 being warmest 60 represents January 2019 being about in the middle, or average for January temps. It's not 60°, it's #60 out of 125.

Get it now?

Meanwhile, back in reality, January 2019 was warmer than average over the continental USA.

Deniers won't be able to understand how that's so, because they're very stupid people.

statewidetavgrank-201901.png

Does CA have more atmospheric CO2 than other states?
These idiots are conflating regional shifts in natural variation to mean some thing that it does not..

Statewide rankings for average temperature for January 2019, as compared to each January since records began in 1895. Darker shades of red indicate higher rankings for heat, with 1 denoting the coldest January on record and 125 the warmest.

1 being coldest and 125 being warmest 60 represents January 2019 being about in the middle, or average for January temps. It's not 60°, it's #60 out of 125.

Get it now?
nope, makes absolutely no sense. average temperature is average temperature, it isn't a 1 or 125. the number of days above and below average is all I need to know, so that chart means nothing but jack shit. Nor does it show any comparison to previous years at all.

30 days in January, were 15 above average or below average, how much above or below. useful data to show the month cold or warm. then show previous year. nope, the manipulators manipulate.

Number of cloudy days, number of snow days or rain days, wet days. we weren't supposed to get anymore snow, I recall. yet, that isn't true. it still snows. every prediction has failed bigly.

I love the idiocy of some here that have no clue that when you average an average there is always a +1 bias..
You're gonna hafta prove that, cause I've done a shitload of math and nobody has ever mentioned any +1 bias in averages.

Get it now?
nope, makes absolutely no sense. average temperature is average temperature, it isn't a 1 or 125. the number of days above and below average is all I need to know, so that chart means nothing but jack shit. Nor does it show any comparison to previous years at all.

30 days in January, were 15 above average or below average, how much above or below. useful data to show the month cold or warm. then show previous year. nope, the manipulators manipulate.
Obviously this is all over your head.

Have a nice day kid.

Get it now?

Obviously this is all over your head.

Have a nice day kid.
yep, I didn't think you knew what it meant to normal folks. like posting a picture of a volcano and saying see, a volcano.

Get it now?

So CO2 was localized to CA during January? How does that work? Is that like atmospheric CO2 "warming" the oceans 700m deep?

Get it now?

Number of cloudy days, number of snow days or rain days, wet days. we weren't supposed to get anymore snow, I recall. yet, that isn't true. it still snows. every prediction has failed bigly.
Its one pile of BS to cover up another pile of BS. This chart makes assumptions based on what base line? Where is the data to support that base line? What changes were made to the data since it was observed? why were the changes made? etc, etc, etc.... This is why adjusting the HCN data and throwing away the original set has made the whole record useless..

Its one huge pile of crap to cover up the lies.

Last edited:
I love the idiocy of some here that have no clue that when you average an average there is always a +1 bias..
You're gonna hafta prove that, cause I've done a shitload of math and nobody has ever mentioned any +1 bias in averages.
Bias correction in exponentially weighted averages - Optimization algorithms | Coursera
He's not saying all averages a weighted +1, he's using a formula to compute a moving average which is not the same as just averaging a string of numbers.

Get it now?

So CO2 was localized to CA during January? How does that work? Is that like atmospheric CO2 "warming" the oceans 700m deep?
Whaaaat? Co2 localized how? What are you babbling about?

Get it now?

Its one pile of BS to cover up another pile of BS. This chart makes assumptions based on what base line? Where is the data to support that base line? What changes were made to the data since it was observed? why were the changes made? etc, etc, etc.... This is why adjusting the HCN data and throwing away the original set has made the whole record useless..

Its one huge pile of crap to cover up the lies.
They took 125 years worth of January average temps (that's each days temp ÷ 31, the number of days in January) and ranked them from coldest to warmest. It's not rocket science kids.

Get it now?

well it shows warmer right? why would that be if the assumption is due to CO2. that implies more CO2. He was asking how that happens and why it would be so frequent.

Get it now?

Well, doesn't CO2 CAUSE the warming? Are you walking back your stupid, failed theory already?

Get it now?

well it shows warmer right? why would that be if the assumption is due to CO2. that implies more CO2. He was asking how that happens and why it would be so frequent.
You've got to be kidding me.

What are you kids using for brains, cornmeal mush?

Get it now?

Well, doesn't CO2 CAUSE the warming? Are you walking back your stupid, failed theory already?
200.gif

Forum List

Back