Record 93,626,000 Americans not in labor force

Oil increase is in spite of Obama.

I will agree that Obama has been irrelevant to increased production. The increased production has been the result of improved technology and people in a free market choosing to utilize that technology in the industry of oil production. But that's not what you said.

The level has not kept pace with demand because of Obama.

Patently false. The fact that prices are lower demonstrates that the increase in US production exceeded increases in demand. You need a non idiot to teach you supply and demand. BTW, I'm not a "lefty." Your problem is that you pretend to be a conservative, but you really are just an idiot who hates Obama and will say anything that gets your anti-Obama rocks off. Morons like you are the reason Obama was reelected in 2012. Swing voters figured if your stupid shit is the only reason to oppose him, he must be good.
You need a non-idiot to teach you about Stockholm Syndrome and supply and demand.
You're referring to prices as they are and I'm referring to what they were and should be. Obama energy policy has kept them unnecessarily high. And that impacts the entire economy. That is why we have yet to see economic recovery.

I will agree that Obama has been irrelevant to increased production. The increased production has been the result of improved technology and people in a free market choosing to utilize that technology in the industry of oil production. But that's not what you said.

Patently false. The fact that prices are lower demonstrates that the increase in US production exceeded increases in demand. You need a non idiot to teach you supply and demand. BTW, I'm not a "lefty." Your problem is that you pretend to be a conservative, but you really are just an idiot who hates Obama and will say anything that gets your anti-Obama rocks off. Morons like you are the reason Obama was reelected in 2012. Swing voters figured if your stupid shit is the only reason to oppose him, he must be good.
If you excuse this president you are either a lefty or a moron or, more likely, both.

A record 93,626,000 Americans 16 or older did not participate in the nation’s labor force in June
Read more at Record 93 626 000 Americans not in labor force

what the hell is this ? i thought the liberliars said the labor force was at an all time high ???

color me puzzled :up:
As baby boomers retire that number will only get worse. Regardless of what party is in power.
Does not compute.

Everyday approximately 6,100 turn 65. We know that not all of them retire immediately.
Compare that to +/- 330,000 people turning 18 per day.

We are replenishing the work force at a rate of almost 6/1.

We're not the manufacturer we used to be. Computer science has made us more efficient.
So what if THE Obama gives kids two years of college.....to do what?
There's not enough work to be done

A record 93,626,000 Americans 16 or older did not participate in the nation’s labor force in June

what the hell is this ? i thought the liberliars said the labor force was at an all time high ???

As baby boomers retire that number will only get worse. Regardless of what party is in power.
Does not compute.

Everyday approximately 6,100 turn 65. We know that not all of them retire immediately.

We're not the manufacturer we used to be. Computer science has made us more efficient.
330,000 people do not turn 18 every day. After 1 year 1/3 of the U.S. population would be 18 years old if that were true.

Does not compute.

330,000 people do not turn 18 every day. After 1 year 1/3 of the U.S. population would be 18 years old if that were true.
In fact using these calculations you come to about 5,500 people turning 18 every day:
How many people turn from 17 to 18 years old every day - Quora

While about 10,000 people retire every day:
Do 10 000 baby boomers retire every day - The Washington Post

Does not compute.

In fact using these calculations you come to about 5,500 people turning 18 every day:

I thank you and apologize.
Can't find where I fou d those numbers, just had to clear history on phone.
5-10 thousand retiring I remember. I stayed low, around 6000.
But somewhere I saw birthday rate and 18yrs old.

But your numbers make more sense
:thup:

Does not compute.

I thank you and apologize.
Can't find where I fou d those numbers, just had to clear history on phone.
5-10 thousand retiring I remember. I stayed low, around 6000.
But somewhere I saw birthday rate and 18yrs old.

But your numbers make more sense
:thup:
It's 330,000 per year.

Technical skills are not undervalued. The people struggling are those without such skills: unskilled workers and non STEM students. You are glossing over serious problems that are a big weight on our economy.

Kids who don't belong in college, and would be better off learning a trade, are taking on enormous debt. Many don't graduate or have economically worthless degrees. Employers require college degrees because they've been thoroughly debased by Federal Debt Sponsored oversupply. This debt has also driven education inflation far beyond that of the broader economy (much like Health Care, another heavily controlled by the Feds sector).

What I mean when I say that technical skills are undervalued is that we as a general society have largely abandoned technical training as a valuable means of educating a productive workforce. Technical education has largely evaporated from high schools. Many employers would prefer a useless degree over someone who has received technical training that would equip them for a specific area of usefulness. In my industry particularly I see it quite often. The hotel and lodging industry is set for great growth over the next couple decades. Yes, there are some positions where a professional degree is useful. But there are also many positions where such a degree is not at all necessary. I don't need someone with a four year degree to be my new Front Desk Agent. Rarely is it really necessary for someone to possess such a degree in order to be a department manager in the industry. But most companies in the industry view the idea of a college degree as mystical. I have a pipe dream that some day I might be able to create a vocational school that would teach people how to fill basic roles in the industry, and prepare them with the necessary skills that would make it possible to have a career with upward mobility at least to the department manager level in Front Office, Housekeeping, Engineering, and F&B areas at high rated, full service, mid sized properties.

Cheaper, faster education, able to fill a sizable market need, without the complications for students that aren't college "material." But nobody wants something like that.

As regards wage stagnation, thank lack of valuable skills combined with regulations that make employees more expensive.

The effect of regulations on wage stagnation is debatable. As for lack of skills, that's nearly impossible to suggest. When the same jobs have had stagnant wages while employing the same skill sets, or greater skill sets, the cause of the stagnation lies elsewhere. Stagnation is due to a variety of things coming together. The biggest contributing factors are ballooning income inequality amongst the highest levels (which are effectively siphoning off wage growth for the lower levels), which are related to shifting social values and forces.

And Income Inequality - blah blah blah. If the economy were growing, there would be more opportunity for everyone who is motivated to better his lot in life.

This is always a ridiculous argument. Desire does not automatically generate opportunity. Why anyone ever makes this suggestion is beyond me. It doesn't matter how much I might desire to sleep with Emma Stone, it's not going to happen, there's never going to be an opportunity for it to happen. Desire does not create opportunity, it merely motivates people to pursue opportunities that are discovered.

Therefore, the actual creation of opportunity is what needs to happen. Your premise that a growing economy necessarily leads to the creation of opportunity is fundamentally flawed, and ultimately false. The economy has been growing for quite some time. Yet opportunity creation has remained minimal.

As I said previously, your perspective on the modern day economy is based on an outdated view of things. The economy today does not operate with the same form and flow of yesteryear. Indicators that used to imply one thing no longer are reliable means by which to infer the same things. Different trends and behavior patterns among the public are leading to different sets of influences. Remember, economics is ultimately about human behavior.

You need a non-idiot to teach you about Stockholm Syndrome and supply and demand.
You're referring to prices as they are and I'm referring to what they were and should be. Obama energy policy has kept them unnecessarily high. And that impacts the entire economy. That is why we have yet to see economic recovery.

*facepalm*

Obama got elected because the public was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? I have heard it all now. I have absolutely heard every last batshitting crazy piece of nonsense.

I really hope so, anyway. Because if there's more after that, then Humanity doesn't deserve to exist anymore.

*facepalm*

Obama got elected because the public was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? I have heard it all now. I have absolutely heard every last batshitting crazy piece of nonsense.

I really hope so, anyway. Because if there's more after that, then Humanity doesn't deserve to exist anymore.
Stockholm Syndrome is how the sheeple were duped. Gruber knew that the people were too stupid to do the math.

*facepalm*

Stockholm Syndrome is how the sheeple were duped. Gruber knew that the people were too stupid to do the math.

Swim Expert Wins!
Of course RoshawnMarkwees was not much competition, a typical whiner, one who hates Obama for reasons s/he might not understand.

One can only surmise, but it seems this is one more lifetime loser who hates a man of color for being successful.

Get it, moron?

i percieve you are the moron here.., Mr. liberliar. :up:

Antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of regard for the moral or legal standards in the local culture. There is a marked inability to get along with others or abide by societal rules. Individuals with this disorder are sometimes called psychopaths sociopaths or wildmen.

[QUOTE="Wry Catcher, post: 11768103, member: 20297"]Individuals with this disorder are sometimes called psychopaths[/QUOTE]

i defer to your expertise, by knowing your inner self. :up: ....... :lmao:

or...

as i learned at an early age, "it takes one to know one" :lmao:

:muahaha:..............:muahaha:
:fu:

[QUOTE="Wry Catcher, post: 11768103, member: 20297"]Individuals with this disorder are sometimes called psychopaths

i defer to your expertise, by knowing your inner self. :up: ....... :lmao:

or...

as i learned at an early age, "it takes one to know one" :lmao:

:muahaha:..............:muahaha:
:fu:
[/QUOTE]

Emoticons and second grade cliches don't even qualify as idiot-grams. They're a sign of a weak mind, further limited by pathological hate for anyone who disagrees with them or points out their character flaws.

Why not solve for a natural rate of unemployment via our at-will employment laws and at the rock bottom cost of a form of minimum wage that clears our poverty guidelines?

It must be less expensive than any War on Poverty.

Forum List

Back