Recommendation for email program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CMike, Oct 25, 2012.

1. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,000
    I have Road Runner as my provider.

My email is very basic. I can't put text in color.

Can anyone suggest an upgrade?

Thank you,

2. waltky

waltky Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +872
    Email Tip...
    :cool:
    Email Hacked? Here Is What To Do
    Your email account is not accepting your password. Your friends are asking how you got stranded in London and whether you got the money they wired. Your mother wants to know why you are sending out emails with nothing in it, but a link.
    See also:

What You Need To Know About DDoS Attacks
    Online banking is convenient: it’s easy to check balances, schedule payments, and transfer funds. It’s also easy for cybercriminals to target online banking sites, separating consumers from their money.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  3. g5000

g5000 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,431
    Gmail is okay.

It used to be great.

Used to be. You had the option to create folders to separate your saved emails, you had a lifetime supply of storage space, and they did a fairly good job of filtering out spam. That's all you need in an email system.

Then they started fucking with it too much. They got feature crazy, and started moving shit around. Now their antics are getting really, really, really, really annoying.

No, I don't want to associate a phone number with my email. No, I don't want a tiny box in the corner to write a new email message in. No, I don't want to have to relearn how to use all the features every few months. No, I don't want you storing my searches until Jesus comes back.

I think Google and everything associated with it has peaked. It's all downhill from here.

If someone knows of an email system that is like Gmail used to be a couple years ago, post here.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,910
    Damn straight....I am forced to use GMail because that is what the corporation uses.
    Nothing like buying something through email - and then have advertisements show up about what you purchased. Unf*ckingbelievable. They scan your emails for hit words...I can't believe companies use gmail....big companies.

5. Ringel05

Ringel05 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,697