Recession is Over- Thanks to the GOP!

I don't give any credit.

The US is at 9.8% unemployment, the highest in 30 years.

The recession will be over as far as I am concerned, when people are employed.

Michigan where I am at is at 15.3% unemployment.

Absolutely...What IS a "jobless Recovery" for $1,000 Alex...

It isn't over. This is sheer bullsqueeze. This is NOT anywhere close to a true sign of any recovery. Good Post.

The economy rose thanks to an unsustainable rise in government spending and the fact that we've so depreciated our dollar foreigners look at the USA like we're Filene's Basement.

It won't end well.

I would think the end of the recession would be bigger news...

When Unemployment levels go back to where we were, then I'll belive it's over. But stay tuned to Healthcare, and "Cap and Tax"...to still be hammered out. If EITHER pass?

All bets are off, and Bye-Bye to this Republic for the forseeable future.

BET on it. There IS NO recovery.

So we can cancel the rest of the Stimulus, amiright?

No Frankie...we need the rest of that stimulus.

Only about a third of the stimulus has kicked in. The other two thirds will kick in right before the 2010 elections. All those signs saying "This project was funded by stimulus dollars". All those new jobs right before the congressional elections.

No wonder the republicans voted NO

I would think the end of the recession would be bigger news...

When Unemployment levels go back to where we were, then I'll belive it's over. But stay tuned to Healthcare, and "Cap and Tax"...to still be hammered out. If EITHER pass?

All bets are off, and Bye-Bye to this Republic for the forseeable future.

BET on it. There IS NO recovery.
Thomas603, is that you? It sounded just like you except that the incessant use of the word "liberty" was missing.

Doug

The visionary work by John Boehner and Mitch McConnell has led us out of the recession. You know Team Obama is sad today. From CNN Breaking News: Economy grows for first time in a year, with GDP rising 3.5 percent in third quarter.

And from the AP: Daily Record | Morris County NJ | AP Wire
:)

I love that OP.

post_thanks.gif

Nice avatar!

Your's ain't so bad ether.

So we can cancel the rest of the Stimulus, amiright?

No Frankie...we need the rest of that stimulus.

Only about a third of the stimulus has kicked in. The other two thirds will kick in right before the 2010 elections. All those signs saying "This project was funded by stimulus dollars". All those new jobs right before the congressional elections.

No wonder the republicans voted NO

strange....we need it....but, allegedly, the recession is over....and quaint how it kicks in right after the next elections.....kind of like the much needed health care, the we are killing people health care that won't kick in until after the 2012 elections.....

democrats are pussies

There is about 35-40% of stimulus spent, with high end of $315 billion.

Last year US GDP was around $14.3 trillion. If GDP is on a pace of 3.5% for a year ($500 billion), it seems like GDP for nine months rose about the same amount of stimulus spent in nine months.

If government push for second stimulus along with the money from the first stumulus allocated for the next year, next year GDP will rise at least 5%. No, 5% isn't enough for Obama, he has to push for minimum 10%.

The visionary work by John Boehner and Mitch McConnell has led us out of the recession. You know Team Obama is sad today. From CNN Breaking News: Economy grows for first time in a year, with GDP rising 3.5 percent in third quarter.

And from the AP: Daily Record | Morris County NJ | AP Wire

I really hope you're not serious that we're out of the recession---:lol::lol: In fact, I am no longer calling this a recession it is a depression.

3.5% rise in the GDP resulted in 1.5% being due to the cash for clunkers program, the other portion was do to another government subsidy--cash for first time home buyers.

Nope--please don't embarass Republicans with this nonsense. Because--the entire point being--that the 787 BILLION dollars that democrats passed--is already considered a bust. It's not working to revive the private sector. It reflects in the difference between Reagans trickle down economics which worked--versus Obama's trickle up aka flooding the basement which is not working.

Last edited:
Gee Mr Capitalism ...you sure are right. The republicans sure did a heckuva job.....you betcha!

You know what really sucks??
All those voters are going to give the credit to President Obama...isn't that the way it always works? republicans do the work and Obama gets ALL the credit.
Those stupid voters are only going to remember that republicans voted NO on stimulus and TARP, they are only going to remember the republican projections of an Obama economy that will fail

It sucks being a republican doesn't it???

If the GOP had never talked down the economy, it wouold never have rebounded. Eric Cantor should probably when the 2010 Nobel Prize for economics.

How right you are!

The republicans saved our economy single handedly.

But the voters are going to give ALL the credit to Obama. It comes with being president. Bush was president when things crashed, Obama was president when it rebounded

Life sucks don't it?

I think things need to be put in proper prospective.

When Bill Clinton was prez he had a congress willing to give him legislation that would work, that would solve problems rather then cause them.

Bush had a congress that for the last two years of his presidency was intending on causing an economic crisis. That's why they started talking down the economy more then 2 years before it crashed. Their only concern was extending unemployment benefits, raising minimum-wage, and forcing banks to give loans to unqualified home buyers. ACORN affiliates made sure that plenty of unqualified buyers got into homes that they couldn't afford once their ARMs jumped to a higher interest rate.

Bush told them to send him meaningful legislation and instead all they sent him was protest bills. They sent him nothing that he could use

It's pretty clever but very dishonest because the Democrats could appear to the average voter like they were standing up for the little man when in fact they were in the process of screwing every one of us.

Last edited:
Obama and the Dems have done everything in their power to seize up the engines of the private sector. They are trying to inflict as much permanent or long term damage as humanly possible in Obama's one-term and certainly before the Dems defeats in 2010.

They have frozen the banking industry, nationalized the automotive industry, are accelerating our suicidal energy policy and will eliminate the insurance industry.

I'd be very surprised if there's not blood in the street by the times it's all over.

Last edited:
Obama and the Dems have dome everything in their power to seize up the engines of the private sector. They are trying to inflict as much permanent or long term damage as humanly possible in Obama's one-term and certainly before the Dems defeats in 2010.

They have frozen the banking industry, nationalized the automotive industry, are accelerating our suicidal energy policy and will eliminate the insurance industry.

I'd be very surprised if there's not blood in the street by the times it's all over.

There are many I speak with that share this view.

The Dems have been acting as dishonest brokers for nearly a decade. They claim to be concerned about the people when in fact they could care less about them. They just want to force their ideology down our throats whether we want it or not. They would rather trick us into liking it but if that fails they fully intend on forcing us into going along with them.

Obama can't claim that Bush handed him a bad economy when he personally participated in it's destruction. He chaired the TARP committee in Sept 08' after all. He voted for the bill. Bush like a fool just went along with it. Every cent of the current deficit has Obama's fingerprints all over it. He may not have that much to do with the national debt but he is responsible for doubling it.

Obama wants to claim the economy is recovering, but he can't take the credit unless he takes the blame first for ruining it. Truth is it's not recovering. He's just trying to trick us into believing it is. And it never was as bad as he claimed but give him time it will be real soon.

The Bush Administration has stood in favor of tax cuts through thick and thin. In the midst of a booming economy and large projected budget surpluses, President Bush’s top economic policy initiative — both as a candidate in 2000 and upon taking office — was to cut taxes. When the economy slowed, the Bush Administration’s response also was dominated by tax cuts. Now, in the face of yawning deficits and its own pledge to reduce them, the Administration has again put forward large, permanent tax cuts as part of its most recent budget.

This analysis offers a comprehensive review of the Bush Administration’s tax cuts. It assesses their costs, benefits to different income groups, and economic effects to date, as well as down the road. It both synthesizes previous findings about the individual tax measures and includes new findings about their combined effects, using new distributional analyses by the UrbanI nstitute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center and fresh cost estimates by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. The early returns on the effects of the tax cuts have not been good
By Joel Friedman and Isaac Shapiro

That may be true. IF YOU ARE A COMMIE!

Face it, tax cuts always spur the economy and bring in more revenue. If we had a tax rate of zero percent, we would have flying cars by now.

It's not enough to just say that a tax cut spurs the economy. You have to explain to a progressive liberal why.

In a free society where people have the right to choose the direction their lives will take....tax cuts cause the formation of more opportunity and thus greater employment opportunity. When we're allowed to use our own profits to expand businesses we are able to hire more workers. The more that are employed the more workers there are paying taxes. The more profit....and this is one the Dems refuse to acknowledge.....the more taxes we end up paying. But since we're able to keep more of our profits we can afford it.

Cutting wages and raising taxes causes people to save rather then spend and cut back rather then expand.

Thus, Obama caused the massive unemployment we're seeing today.

Last edited:
Name the actions by Republicans to sway the economy? As usual it is Democrats cleaning up thr huge mess left by Republicans.

Forum List

Back