Obama to meet plane carrying fallen soldiers in Afghanistan

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/29/dover.bodies/index.html

(CNN) -- The flag-draped coffins of at least 18 Americans killed in Afghanistan are scheduled to arrive at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware early Thursday, government and military officials said.

President Obama, who arrived to Dover Air Force Base on Marine One, along with U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and acting DEA administrator Michele Leonhart will witness the transfer of the bodies, according to the Justice Department.

I think this is the right thing for him to do. Hopefully looking into the eyes of those parents will help guide him to get us out of Afghanistan. Otherwise, he will be doing this often for the next four years at least.

Ummm--wasn't this the guy that stated a thousand times over that "we took our eyes off of the ball"--& that Afganistan is where we need to be.

It looks to me that we have passed the ball to Obama & now he wants to fumble it. His general McCrystal is asking for 40K more troops to win this war--& to keep the troops there in a "safer" position.

GUARANTEED--if he backs off & does not follow the advise of his hand picked general it will only embolden Al Queda & the Taliban. Only this time when we cut & run they will follow us right back to our shores.

We are all tired of war. But this is an enemy we cannot let win.

Last edited:
Ummm--wasn't this the guy that stated a thousand times over that "we took our eyes off of the ball"--& that Afganistan is where we need to be.

It looks to me that we have passed the ball to Obama & now he wants to fumble it. His general McCrystal is asking for 40K more troops to win this war--& to keep the troops there in a "safer" position.

GUARANTEED--if he backs off & does not follow the advise of his hand picked general it will only embolden Al Queda & the Taliban. Only this time when we cut & run they will follow us right back to our shores.

McCrystal wants 40k troops to start with, in reality he wants 500k overall within five years. That's unrealistic and one of the many reasons why we need to leave the desert wasteland.

You cannot defeat a culture. You cannot be that ignorant to believe that.

There is a reason why Afghanistan is a "graveyard of Empires" with graves for the Soviet Union and British Empire. We keep it up, they're going to need to dig a fresh one for us.

McCrystal wants 40k troops to start with, in reality he wants 500k overall within five years. ....
Please show us where that 500K is in his recommendations: COMISAF Initial Assessment (Unclassified) -- Searchable Document. You had to get that 500K number from somewhere, though. Let us know.

Please show us where that 500K is in his recommendations: COMISAF Initial Assessment (Unclassified) -- Searchable Document. You had to get that 500K number from somewhere, though. Let us know.

He wants 500,000 in general, but the majority will be the U.S.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWX794aJ_y8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 500,000 Troops Needed for Afghanistan?[/ame]

Besides, wargames conducted in the 90's showed that for the U.S. to be able to not only defeat a enemy in Afghanistan but to hold it safely that 500,000 or so troops would be needed.

Last edited:

He wants 500,000 in general, but the majority will be the U.S.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWX794aJ_y8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 500,000 Troops Needed for Afghanistan?[/ame]

Besides, wargames conducted in the 90's showed that for the U.S. to be able to not only defeat a enemy in Afghanistan but to hold it safely that 500,000 or so troops would be needed.
Wait. I gave you the report and asked you to support your claim that McCyrystal wants 500K troops and you give me some blond on the tube telling you that the report says McChrystal wants 500K? That is just nonsensical thinking.

The link to the report is right there. Read it yourself, don't believe some blond on the tube telling you that McChrystal asked for 500K.

Wait. I gave you the report and asked you to support your claim that McCyrystal wants 500K troops and you give me some blond on the tube telling you that the report says McChrystal wants 500K? That is just nonsensical thinking.

The link to the report is right there. Read it yourself, don't believe some blond on the tube telling you that McChrystal asked for 500K.

The Afghan National Army (ANA) must accelerate growth to the present target strength of 134,000 by Fall 20101 with the institutional flexibility to continue that growth to a new target ceiling of 240,000. The target strength of the Afghan National Police (ANP) must be raised to 160,000. This will require additional mentors, trainers, partners and funds through an expanded participation by GIRoA, the support of IsAF, and the resources oftroop contributing and donor nations.

500,000 troops in general is the eventual goal. Are you high? Do you think he's going to ask for all of it at once? If he did that, he knows that he'd never get close to that number. He's starting off "small" with 40,000 until there is 500,000 troops there. As much as you may not like to think so, how many men and women we send overseas to fight these wars now is all determined by public opinion.

How do you think the general public would react if he asked for 300,000 - 500,000 troops in general to be in Afghanistan?

You maybe see the forest, but you certainly don't see the trees.

Last edited:

The Afghan National Army (ANA) must accelerate growth to the present target strength of 134,000 by Fall 20101 with the institutional flexibility to continue that growth to a new target ceiling of 240,000. The target strength of the Afghan National Police (ANP) must be raised to 160,000. This will require additional mentors, trainers, partners and funds through an expanded participation by GIRoA, the support of IsAF, and the resources oftroop contributing and donor nations.

500,000 troops in general is the eventual goal. Are you high? Do you think he's going to ask for all of it at once? If he did that, he knows that he'd never get close to that number. He's starting off "small" with 40,000 until there is 500,000 troops there. As much as you may not like to think so, how many men and women we send overseas to fight these wars now is all determined by public opinion.

How do you think the general public would react if he asked for 300,000 - 500,000 troops in general to be in Afghanistan?

You maybe see the forest, but you certainly don't see the trees.
Not high at all. I know that 240K Afghanis added to 160K Afghanis equals 500K Afghanis. BHO is not the CiC of Afghanis and give no orders to deploy Afghanis.

Last edited:
Not high at all. I know that 240K Afghanis added to 160K Afghanis equals 500K Afghanis.

240 + 160 = 400k.

So yes, you are high. Get out of this thread, you've made a fool of yourself enough as is.

Edit: Even when you added something to your post, you still did not correct your error.

Last edited:
Not high at all. I know that 240K Afghanis added to 160K Afghanis equals 500K Afghanis.

240 + 160 = 400k.

So yes, you are high. Get out of this thread, you've made a fool of yourself enough as is.

Edit: Even when you added something to your post, you still did not correct your error.
Thanks for catching a typo.

Now that's settled, you are insane.

You believed a blond on the tube and lacked the intellectual curiosity to double check. Then when your gross error is exposed, you cannot take it.

Grow up, kid.

Last edited:
And you think the CiC deploys Afghanis? You are seriously fucked up in the head.

Moron.

Except I NEVER said the CiC deploys Afghanis. YOU are the one who is trying to make up points for me. So not only are you dishonestly framing my argument but you fail at math.

I'll have Bob show you the door:

$gtfo.barker.jpg

240 + 160 = 400k.

no, shes reading it right
you got that lying crap from the blonde talking head and think it means American troops
it doesnt

Thanks for catching a typo.

Now that's settled, you are insane.

You believed a blond on the tube and lacked the intellectual curiosity to double check. Then when your gross error is exposed, you cannot take it.

Grow up, kid.

Typo? You went out of your way to try and show me you know math. You failed, badly.

I did not believe a blond on the tube automatically. I did my research and 500,000 general troops is what needed in Afghanistan. And do tell me Modo, who's going to be when the Afghani army is still not trained, underfunded, and understaffed? I'll give you three guesses, first two don't count.

Spoiler: It's us.

NATO and the other countries who are currently in countries like Afghanistan are not committing more troops. If anything, they are committing less. So when the Afghani army is still fucked up beyond belief, the U.S. will have to commit more troops until they are trained. Which could take more and more years.

How many troops do you think it would to take hold Afghanistan properly? Please, do amuse me in telling me. If you say 60,000 I think I just may have to laugh myself to sleep tonight.

you got that lying crap from the blonde talking head and think it means American troops
it doesnt

I'm talking general troops, not just U.S. troops. But maybe you can tell me % wise how much of the current forces in Afghanistan is U.S. Then you can also add how much of that % is funded by us. So we would be the majority of that 500,000.

And you think the CiC deploys Afghanis? You are seriously fucked up in the head.

Moron.

Except I NEVER said the CiC deploys Afghanis. YOU are the one who is trying to make up points for me. So not only are you dishonestly framing my argument but you fail at math.

I'll have Bob show you the door:

View attachment 8553
Now you lie.
McCrystal wants 40k troops to start with, in reality he wants 500k overall within five years. That's unrealistic and one of the many reasons why we need to leave the desert wasteland.

You cannot defeat a culture. You cannot be that ignorant to believe that.

There is a reason why Afghanistan is a "graveyard of Empires" with graves for the Soviet Union and British Empire. We keep it up, they're going to need to dig a fresh one for us.

The CiC ultimately deploys troops (if he can get of his ass and do SOMETHING even when the recommendations say several times over that the timing is critical) based on what the military recommends. Thus, we do not deploy Afghanis, you idiot.

Find another blond to quote, K? You'll look just as foolish for being so very intellectually lazy.

And then lie about it.

Then you'll look like the immature child you are.

it doesnt

I'm talking general troops, not just U.S. troops. But maybe you can tell me % wise how much of the current forces in Afghanistan is U.S. Then you can also add how much of that % is funded by us. So we would be the majority of that 500,000.
you even posted it and you dont get it
400,000 will be AFGHANIS
not Americans

it doesnt

you even posted it and you dont get it
400,000 will be AFGHANIS
not Americans
And not even NATO troops. The kid was too intellectually lazy to check. It's quite sad.

Now you lie.

The CiC ultimately deploys troops (if he can get of his ass and do SOMETHING even when the recommendations say several times over that the timing is critical) based on what the military recommends. Thus, we do not deploy Afghanis, you idiot.

Find another blond to quote, K? You'll look just as foolish for being so very intellectually lazy.

And then lie about it.

Then you'll look like the immature child you are.

We don't deploy Afghanis but we certainly give the money to train them and get them weapons. Where did you think all this money for the Afghani money came from? Magical piggy banks? It came from us.

So while we may not deploy Afghanis, they certainly are going to follow our lead while we are there.

If anyone is being foolish at the moment, it is you. You failed at math, got called out on it, and then proceeded to attack my age. That's maturity? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back