Recalled "Madame President" Newsweeks for sale online

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
'Madam President' Newsweek Copies for Sale, but Beware
Those copies were quickly recalled — but hundreds of copies are still being offered for sale in online markets, for prices as low as 99 cents to as high as $9,995.

NBC News found 387 offers for the recalled issue Wednesday evening just on eBay. Many of them offered multiple copies for sell. And that's a problem, because the edition's publisher says only 17 copies were actually sold before all the rest were recalled, calling into question the authenticity of many of those offers.

So only 7 legit copies out there.

upload_2016-12-1_11-53-35.jpeg

'Madam President' Newsweek Copies for Sale, but Beware
Those copies were quickly recalled — but hundreds of copies are still being offered for sale in online markets, for prices as low as 99 cents to as high as $9,995.

NBC News found 387 offers for the recalled issue Wednesday evening just on eBay. Many of them offered multiple copies for sell. And that's a problem, because the edition's publisher says only 17 copies were actually sold before all the rest were recalled, calling into question the authenticity of many of those offers.

So only 7 legit copies out there.

I used to work for a newspaper company and I handled a delivery route getting the papers to the folks who would then throw them, and sometimes I had to go to the printing plant and bring them to the town I lived in.

There were so many copies of the paper that would get tossed aside for various reasons, it strikes me that many of the Newsweek workers could have taken a five finger discount on these things as they had to realize how valuable they would be.

Forum List

Back