"The Adulting School" new school for snowflake milennials

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Long overdue.

ā€˜Adultingā€™ School Founded to Teach Millennials How to Be Adults

In the last several years, thereā€™s been growing alarm over the fact that many young people can no longer perform basic skills. In fact, one survey goes so far as to say that there are 20 basic skills ā€“ ranging from reading a map to baking bread ā€“ that are in danger of extinction in some of the developed parts of the world.

According to a recent article in The Guardian, this is becoming such a problem in the West that a couple of enterprising individuals created a business to pass these skills on to the next generation. Known as ā€œThe Adulting School,ā€ the business aims to teach young people how to handle basic financial matters, simple household management, and other things one needs to live a successful adult life. The Guardian elaborates on the scene at a recent class:

ā€˜Adultingā€™ School Founded to Teach Millennials How to Be Adults

I just want to know how many people here have actually darned socks.

15136013_10154827418396336_5373088209117961898_n.jpg

I have actually darned socks! Okay so I /love/ footed PJs (fuck you and your judgements) Of course, as you can imagine, it's rather difficult to find them for adults. Add to that the fact that I have extremely long legs and arms so I have a hard time finding clothing that feels good, and you have a recipe for "Favorite PJs in the whole world!" or "Favorite pants in the whole world" etc. Thus I rather regularly stitch up my favorite clothing articles :p

:desk:

We were required to have a sewing kit in basic training.

Yes, and I took a home ec course in high school where I sewed a blazer. One sleeve was on backwards but..............I sewed a blazer.

So..........did you actually darn socks or did you just have a sewing kit?

I have actually darned socks! Okay so I /love/ footed PJs (fuck you and your judgements) Of course, as you can imagine, it's rather difficult to find them for adults. Add to that the fact that I have extremely long legs and arms so I have a hard time finding clothing that feels good, and you have a recipe for "Favorite PJs in the whole world!" or "Favorite pants in the whole world" etc. Thus I rather regularly stitch up my favorite clothing articles :p

I'm not judging.

Yes, and I took a home ec course in high school where I sewed a blazer. One sleeve was on backwards but..............I sewed a blazer.

We were issued 8 prs of socks.

4 prs of cotton and 4 prs wool.

Socks don't last long and we were required to mend what we had.

Clean dry and serviceable.

Small holes were mended with the sewing kit.

We were issued 8 prs of socks.

4 prs of cotton and 4 prs wool.

Socks don't last long and we were required to mend what we had.

Clean dry and serviceable.

Small holes were mended with the sewing kit.

Well, that is very cool.

Forum List

Back