Reasoned Discourse

.... Try living with illegal aliens for a couple of weeks, no, months, yea, YEARS and get back to us. Would you condescend to ACTUALLY dealing with issue BEFORE making judgement to those that have, perchance?

In case anyone was wondering, I have far more, deeper, and more meaningful experience with immigration of all sorts than many who might have noise to make. I have lived and worked with, for, among and on behalf of immigrant communities for all of my adult life. I have been an immigrant, I have worked on behalf of refugees and asylum seekers, I have (and do) taught immigrants - of varying status - from elementary through graduate school and beyond. I work everyday in a (very) inner city public school district where I devote all my energies to helping immigrant high school students to learn and achieve. After that, I coach students - many immigrants or first generation - before then going to tutor a very different immigrant community or teaching at a college where my classes are adult immigrant learners. I then go home where very many of my friends and neighbors are immigrants of all sorts. I understand how and why illegal immigration is a problem for this country, and also how and why even illegal immigrants - without mitigating the legal part - are actual human beings and not just a vessel for the fears of the weak-minded, hysterical, and ignorant.
Well, you had me right up until you defended the illegals. Do your job with legal immigrants all day, best of luck, hope they do well. Once you compare them to illegals then fuck off.They're illegal, therefore criminal and if you are getting a single dime for doing what you do from government it should be taken away the moment you give any illegal any help. You should actually be a person responsible for reporting these illegals if you're getting government funding. If you don't do that then maybe you're the one that needs to lose his job.

I always liked apples, but they were never like oranges. Just like Immigrants aren't like illegal aliens, but kinda sorta, but not. Let's don't mix the two.
------------------------------- to me they are the same , what , jebito bush becomes president and he and marco Rubio , McCain and all the other rinos say that everyone that is a border jumper and their extended families are LEGAL and Americans are supposed to agree to accept that MaryL .

.... Try living with illegal aliens for a couple of weeks, no, months, yea, YEARS and get back to us. Would you condescend to ACTUALLY dealing with issue BEFORE making judgement to those that have, perchance?

In case anyone was wondering, I have far more, deeper, and more meaningful experience with immigration of all sorts than many who might have noise to make. I have lived and worked with, for, among and on behalf of immigrant communities for all of my adult life. I have been an immigrant, I have worked on behalf of refugees and asylum seekers, I have (and do) taught immigrants - of varying status - from elementary through graduate school and beyond. I work everyday in a (very) inner city public school district where I devote all my energies to helping immigrant high school students to learn and achieve. After that, I coach students - many immigrants or first generation - before then going to tutor a very different immigrant community or teaching at a college where my classes are adult immigrant learners. I then go home where very many of my friends and neighbors are immigrants of all sorts. I understand how and why illegal immigration is a problem for this country, and also how and why even illegal immigrants - without mitigating the legal part - are actual human beings and not just a vessel for the fears of the weak-minded, hysterical, and ignorant.
Well, you had me right up until you defended the illegals. Do your job with legal immigrants all day, best of luck, hope they do well. Once you compare them to illegals then fuck off.They're illegal, therefore criminal and if you are getting a single dime for doing what you do from government it should be taken away the moment you give any illegal any help. You should actually be a person responsible for reporting these illegals if you're getting government funding. If you don't do that then maybe you're the one that needs to lose his job.
ANY person getting money for educating ILLEGAL immigrants is practicing treason against American citizens AND legal immigrants.

and as I have asked , we have a population of 320 million , why are more imported needed eh ?? [I never get an answer]

and as I have asked , we have a population of 320 million , why are more imported needed eh ?? [I never get an answer]
There is no answer for that other than feeling good about yourself. There's no reason for so many to come here and it's time to shut down the '64 minimum's. It's well past time for the birthright citizenship to end.

What? I actually reported to a local INS office back in the 1980's, in the first person, as in Illegals Actually hurt me kind of in the first person. But, the INS declined me as some kind of well meaning crackpot, and referred me to some lame ass law Ronald Regan enacted. I was dumbfounded, a republican conservative was covering for Illegal aliens back in 1980somthing? That blew me totally away. But then I realized, Illegals are the neo slaves and lap dogs of the rich white elitist, then I stopped being so naive and grew up.

As stated in the OP, some people can't help but see any topic related to immigration as nothing more than an excuse to vent their own craven, weak-minded prejudice.

I bet the property values suck in your neighborhood.

I personally don't see why we cannot start vigorously enforcing current immigration laws and grandfather in the existing illegals with the condition that they become documented and they attain citizenship if they are going to stay, except for the criminals. The criminals need to be deported.

As stated in the OP, some people can't help but see any topic related to immigration as nothing more than an excuse to vent their own craven, weak-minded prejudice.
Illegals are a problem. Deportation is the cure to the situation.

maybe some discrimination as smart people discriminate as they make smart choices Dripper .

It's difficult to have reasoned conversation when one side, the right, has proudly rejected reason, by stating that any facts that contradict the party line are "fake news".

The liberals don't do that. The two sides are nothing alike. The liberal side is attached to reality, the conservative side isn't, and it's a load of crap to pull some phony equivalence song-and-dance and pretend that both sides are the same.

Liberals are the side that thinks that Bruce Jenner is a woman. Liberals are the side that thinks that a sick homosexual mockery of a marriage is in any way comparable to a genuine marriage. Liberals are the side that deny the humanity and the basic human rights of the youngest, most innocent, and most defenseless of all human beings. Liberals are the side that openly upholds madness over reason, perversion over decency, and evil over good.

And Liberals are the side that thinks that they can take these insane, delusional, evil positions, and at the same time, claim to be the side that is “attached to reality”.

1295180.png

I personally don't see why we cannot start vigorously enforcing current immigration laws and grandfather in the existing illegals with the condition that they become documented and they attain citizenship if they are going to stay, except for the criminals. The criminals need to be deported.
Bad move to grandfather them in. They need to go. America would be much better without them and our law abiding natural born Citizens would be safer.

It's difficult to have reasoned conversation when one side, the right, has proudly rejected reason...

The liberals don't do that. The two sides are nothing alike. The liberal side is attached to reality, the conservative side isn't......

This kind of partisan nonsense is a big part of the problem.

No, the problem is corrupt, traitorous public servants who take the side of invading foreign criminal filth over that of the American people that they are supposed to be representing and serving.

There are some rainbow-colored, unicorn-riding air-heads who gas on about "no borders" nonsense, but they seem to be a distinct minority in the real world.

What? I actually reported to a local INS office back in the 1980's, in the first person, as in Illegals Actually hurt me kind of in the first person. But, the INS declined me as some kind of well meaning crackpot, and referred me to some lame ass law Ronald Regan enacted. I was dumbfounded, a republican conservative was covering for Illegal aliens back in 1980somthing? That blew me totally away. But then I realized, Illegals are the neo slaves and lap dogs of the rich white elitist, then I stopped being so naive and grew up.
I'm going to do my best here without the English translation of your post.

Illegals hurt you in some way back in the day. You reported them but were blown off by the people who's job was to deport these people and since that didn't happen you have decided all illegals are ok and everyone should be assaulted by one. Is that the level of crazy I am seeing here?

Bad move to grandfather them in. They need to go. America would be much better without them and our law abiding natural born Citizens would be safer.
While I agree with your sentiment, I fear that the media fueled backlash that will result if we start rounding them up in mass will undermine the entire operation. Thus, giving certain groups amnesty may get us closer to what we really seek.

Forum List

Back