reality--a LOT of '''christians'' are not ''christian

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
......a lot of christians do not practice their religion and/or practice what they preach
perfect example is Jim Bakker and then Jim Swaggart ....Jim Swaggart condemned Bakker for his '''SINS""--then Swaggart does some prostitute = HYPOCRITES
....etc to infinity much hypocrisy
...so your self righteousness is really ridiculous and FUNNY

Are those two goobers even still around?

Pop evangelists are like politicians. "Do as I say, not as I do."

It's all a show.

About 5% of Christians have actually read the bible. Ignorance of scripture is endemic in the Church. Even pastors and priests say the most outrageous things and few are brave enough to challenge them. Most of them are not lying on purpose, they are just slightly less ignorant than their congregations. A doctor of divinity in the Baptist Church once told me that Noah cursed Ham rather than Canaan. When I challenged him on it we looked it up and he was upset that I was right. He actually believed that Canaan had done the right thing in exposing Hams' sin. Satan has read scripture and preys on this ignorance.

C'mon. we all know that many Christians go to church on Sunday to make up for their sinning on Saturday night.

:21::21::21:

About 5% of Christians have actually read the bible. Ignorance of scripture is endemic in the Church. Even pastors and priests say the most outrageous things and few are brave enough to challenge them. Most of them are not lying on purpose, they are just slightly less ignorant than their congregations. A doctor of divinity in the Baptist Church once told me that Noah cursed Ham rather than Canaan. When I challenged him on it we looked it up and he was upset that I was right. He actually believed that Canaan had done the right thing in exposing Hams' sin. Satan has read scripture and preys on this ignorance.
Not studying the Bible is how that they can remain believers.

About 5% of Christians have actually read the bible. Ignorance of scripture is endemic in the Church.
Every three years the Catholic Church reads through the Bible. Catholics comprise fifty percent of Christians. Still, I will agree that the number who do the needed study and research is small.

If humans were perfect beings, they would master their worship and not have a need to continue to practice their Christianity.

Since we refer to religion as one "Practicing" their faith, then it goes without saying that Christian and other religious devotee's go to church to continue to learn how to be perfect Christians, or Muslims, or Hindi, or Jews.

So, in essence, you are ridiculing people for trying to be better at their faith because they haven't mastered it.

That is like ridiculing a six-year-old for not having managed to master throwing a curveball in baseball.

Well we can all beg to differ, I suppose!
The Old Testament should be studied with a lot of rabbinical commentary, and those knowledgeable of both ancient culture and languages.
Yupp. Digital Hammurabi is a respected PhD in the field, and getting his PhD is what turned him away from the Religion. He has dozens and dozens of referenced reasons why, as well.

Yupp. Digital Hammurabi is a respected PhD in the field, and getting his PhD is what turned him away from the Religion. He has dozens and dozens of referenced reasons why, as well.
I do not have a PhD, but I do enjoy teaching science. I am a person of faith based on personal experience and knowledge. PhD is laudable, but facts and real life experiences are an even better study/teacher.

......a lot of christians do not practice their religion and/or practice what they preach
perfect example is Jim Bakker and then Jim Swaggart ....Jim Swaggart condemned Bakker for his '''SINS""--then Swaggart does some prostitute = HYPOCRITES

Well that's a news flash.

I do not have a PhD, but I do enjoy teaching science. I am a person of faith based on personal experience and knowledge. PhD is laudable, but facts and real life experiences are an even better study/teacher.
Yeah, and the funny thing is that myself and others can agree with what youve just said, apply it differently and come to opposite conclusions.

Yeah, and the funny thing is that myself and others can agree with what youve just said, apply it differently and come to opposite conclusions.
:) Don't I know it. Whatever one's belief in God, for those who have the time and inclination, study of the Old Testament presents a fascinating study on humans and our history.

Hm... hypocrisy? This coming from a guy who told me that proof of God to him would be if he made the earth split open and gave him a lot of money and a car.

:) Don't I know it. Whatever one's belief in God, for those who have the time and inclination, study of the Old Testament presents a fascinating study on humans and our history.
110%

Hm... hypocrisy? This coming from a guy who told me that proof of God to him would be if he made the earth split open and gave him a lot of money and a car.
don't try to deny it/etc---hypocrites plain and simple

If humans were perfect beings, they would master their worship and not have a need to continue to practice their Christianity.

Since we refer to religion as one "Practicing" their faith, then it goes without saying that Christian and other religious devotee's go to church to continue to learn how to be perfect Christians, or Muslims, or Hindi, or Jews.

So, in essence, you are ridiculing people for trying to be better at their faith because they haven't mastered it.

That is like ridiculing a six-year-old for not having managed to master throwing a curveball in baseball.
idiotic analogy comparing it to a 6 year old
OK --if they are not hypocrites, the teachings do not make sense:
you say they are not perfect--yet sin is wrong = does not make sense

Forum List

Back