reality--a LOT of '''christians'' are not ''christian

hahhahahahahah--you people are out of your minds
this is a discussion forum, is it not?????!!!!!!
.....I'm not hindering them from practicing their faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---
again--- I'm not hindering them from practicing their faith---am I???!!!
Nor are you engaged in any constructive discussion. Here is a hint. Ridicule is not constructive discussion.
question: Jimmy Swaggart was NOT a hypocrite--yes or no?
telling the truth is NOT ridiculing
I am not Jimmy Swaggart. I don't know what it is you think he has said that makes him a hypocrite, but I see you failed to grasp the concept of "practicing faith".
....he condemned Bakker for ''sinning''--the he went and sinned.....it's not difficult to see--especially after I explained it before
hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
So, if I see that killing is wrong, yet I kil someone, does that then mean that killing is okay or is it that the person who killed was unable to abide by the belief that killing is wrong?
it's not a ''sin'''/etc.......
here's a question I always ask:
why are over 85% of murders committed by males??

....jealousy/greed/gluttony/murder/etc are all human ''traits''--we do them naturally ..so why are they sins? wrong to do??
Are you asking me why you cannot fathom why these traits are wrong?
they are not wrong to do if we were ''created'' to do them
Ah, so you have proof that we were 'created to do them'? Or are you trying to imply that our imperfections were deliberately put in us? Is this an attempt to justify your own personal desires?
you have never sinned? I thought everyone sins
I am sure I have sinned. I am a Christian, but don't go by the dogma of the church.
plain and simple--humans can't help it it--they WILL sin = ''created'' to sin

Who told the OP that Christian means "perfect"? He seems confused.

Nor are you engaged in any constructive discussion. Here is a hint. Ridicule is not constructive discussion.
I am not Jimmy Swaggart. I don't know what it is you think he has said that makes him a hypocrite, but I see you failed to grasp the concept of "practicing faith".
....he condemned Bakker for ''sinning''--the he went and sinned.....it's not difficult to see--especially after I explained it before
hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
So, if I see that killing is wrong, yet I kil someone, does that then mean that killing is okay or is it that the person who killed was unable to abide by the belief that killing is wrong?
Why don't you tell me. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with how they practice their faith.

hahhahahahahah--you people are out of your minds
this is a discussion forum, is it not?????!!!!!!
.....I'm not hindering them from practicing their faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---
again--- I'm not hindering them from practicing their faith---am I???!!!
hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

Right and wrong are subjective. Why are you killing? What are the conditions under which you kill?

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
Why don't you tell me. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with how they practice their faith.
SIMPLE = either '''god''' or evolution created males to be more aggressive/etc

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
and undeniable

Are you asking me why you cannot fathom why these traits are wrong?
Ah, so you have proof that we were 'created to do them'? Or are you trying to imply that our imperfections were deliberately put in us? Is this an attempt to justify your own personal desires?
I am sure I have sinned. I am a Christian, but don't go by the dogma of the church.
Ah...so here is your sticking point.

They can't help it. The problem you have is that they can.

Not all of them. Not all the time.

But they CAN help it. Every time. It is when they fail that the problem begins.

A personal anecdote, though I follow a different thought about Christianity.

My neighbor had a super hot girlfriend. She had legs that went on for miles. A smile that would melt a Democrats's heart, and a cheerful personality.

On occasion, I think about what it would be like to have her in my bed. This is a sin. Actually a number of them.

However, what I did do is make friends with her and respect the boundaries set forth by a polite society that has been set by generations of religion.

I respected him and her being together. We even spend many a night playing cornhole and drinking beer (another sin).

My desire for here was natural. My convictions that it would be wrong (not to mention we had nothing in common other than being neighbors and she was 28 years younger than me) held me back. My moral compass, as given to me by my mother who WAS religious, guided me to do the right thing.

Did I sin? Yep.

Was I able to control it? You betcha.

Will I continue to practice my particular faith as I understand it? I will indeed because I'm not perfect and need to be reminded of that.

My neighbor had a super hot girlfriend. She had legs that went on for miles. A smile that would melt a Democrats's heart, and a cheerful personality.

On occasion, I think about what it would be like to have her in my bed. This is a sin. Actually a number of them.

However, what I did do is make friends with her and respect the boundaries set forth by a polite society that has been set by generations of religion.

I respected him and her being together. We even spend many a night playing cornhole and drinking beer (another sin).

My desire for here was natural. My convictions that it would be wrong (not to mention we had nothing in common other than being neighbors and she was 28 years younger than me) held me back. My moral compass, as given to me by my mother who WAS religious, guided me to do the right thing.

Did I sin? Yep.

Will I continue to practice my particular faith as I understand it? I will indeed because I'm not perfect and need to be reminded of that.
are you saying they can keep from sinning? is this what you are saying?

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
This I agree with. When God created the universe and the Earth, he set forth a specific framework in which existence could reside. Without these boundaries and natural laws, we could not exist. God knew this and worked appropriately.

Men are more aggressive because as we learned who we were and what we could become, we needed to first survive. Now that is not an issue and hasn't been for several thousand years. Strange (not really) how that coincides with our beginning to question the whole notion of nature as a God and started looking for external sources for our existance.

Make no mistake, religion and God are questions about who were are, where we come from, and what is our purpose.

You won't find that kind of soul searching in lower life forms, like monkeys.

Did I sin? Yep.

You see it about you on a daily basis. How can you deny it?

Did I sin? Yep.

if they can stop sinning--how come everyone sins???!!
..the priests--who are supposed to be the leaders on sin--are raping CHILDREN

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

Right and wrong are subjective. Why are you killing? What are the conditions under which you kill?
Depends. Killing is wrong. We convince ourselves that killing is necessary and it may be. I don't know the answer to that.

What I do know is that wrongful killing is always wrong and that is defined by who we are and what we believe. This is a function of faith. Can we adhere to what we believe is wrong and not sin, or does our sinning make the sin right?

I contend that the sin is wrong, regardless of our ability to keep from sinning.

In other words, because we are flawed and weak, does not make the sin right.

Did I sin? Yep.

What part of imperfect humans escapes your understanding?

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

Depends. Killing is wrong. We convince ourselves that killing is necessary and it may be. I don't know the answer to that.

What I do know is that wrongful killing is always wrong and that is defined by who we are and what we believe. This is a function of faith. Can we adhere to what we believe is wrong and not sin, or does our sinning make the sin right?

I contend that the sin is wrong, regardless of our ability to keep from sinning.

.....it makes ''sinning'' not wrong .....it's wrong for the community which is why they get locked up--but as far as religion/god/etc = not wrong

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

.....it makes ''sinning'' not wrong .....it's wrong for the community which is why they get locked up--but as far as religion/god/etc = not wrong
If it is wrong, it is always wrong. The inability of humans to adhere to the concept does not make it all right to do.

Did I sin? Yep.

that's what I said--we are imperfect--so we will ''sin'' ---this is why when people say sinning is wrong it doesn't make sense
_I have to adios

Did I sin? Yep.

that's what I said--we are imperfect--so we will ''sin'' ---this is why when people say sinning is wrong it doesn't make sense
_I have to adios
It makes perfect sense.

Have a good night.

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

The problem is that sin is also subjective.

Forum List

Back