Zone1 Real Life versus Big Picture Thinking

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Have you ever noticed that in real life you never discuss race at all but on the internet you get suckered into it for hours on end?

I was just wondering if anybody else lives this way.

I know this is the race thread but this concept is applicable to other subjects as well. So in the spirit of free flowing ideas I’d say it would be fine to point out other examples as well.

Have you ever noticed that in real life you never discuss race at all but on the internet you get suckered into it for hours on end?

I know this is the race thread but this concept is applicable to other subjects as well. So in the spirit of free flowing ideas I’d say it would be fine to point out other examples as well.

I think we all avoid this in "real life" because we all like to keep our jobs.

I'm pretty left-of-center at this point in my life. Earlier, I was right of center until the GOP went fully insane.

Regardless, I studiously avoided talking about issues of race in the workplace, because you never know who might get offended. I also avoid talking about anything regarding sex or gender. In the workplace you censor yourself because you have to get along with these people the next day.

Obviously, USMB is different, in that it involves people who are very committed to political discussion. We also end up with more than a few trolls, but that's the price of doing business.

Racists will nearly always arrange their life to avoid those they dislike or even hate .
Same principle applies generally . Not just racists .

So,it is hardly surprising that these subjects then rate low in their needs / priorities within ordinary day -to- day life .

THe phenomenon is actually quite different. Most people bring up race and other topics to do 2things
Fit in with people they are screening so as not to fall in with bastards
And dropping a worm into the fishpond of discussion to see what topic they are really interested in will attach to a race discussionl

Forum List

Back