Reagan son: My dad would have been ‘appalled’ by Donald Trump

In in an interview with NewsMax, radio host Michael Reagan expressed his distaste for the scorched earth campaign the billionaire businessman is running against his Republican rivals, invoking his father, President Ronald Reagan, who was notable for his belief in the ’11th Commandment’ : “Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.”

“What he’s done is really appalling,” Reagan said. “My father would be appalled. … On behalf of my father and the Reagan family to see someone like this who just personally attacks people time and time and time again is absolutely appalling to me and I hope all the voters start to see through Donald Trump and the kind of candidate that he his and the kind of president he may end up being.”

According to Reagan, Trump’s campaign is long on inflammatory rhetoric and short on specifics.

“It’s nice to say, ‘I’m going to make America great again,’ but how are you going to do that? What laws are you going to pass? What bills are you going to pass? How are you going to work with Congress? What are you going to do?” Reagan said.

Trumps fans respond with "He talks tough and I like tough talkin'":gives: about specifics?

uhm

as I recall he openly hated his dad, he second guessed everything he did and parroted everything (D) told him to say. So if anything, he just helped trump.

not that I care about Trump. In the lesser of Two evuls, there has to be someone that lesser than him

In in an interview with NewsMax, radio host Michael Reagan expressed his distaste for the scorched earth campaign the billionaire businessman is running against his Republican rivals, invoking his father, President Ronald Reagan, who was notable for his belief in the ’11th Commandment’ : “Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.”

“What he’s done is really appalling,” Reagan said. “My father would be appalled. … On behalf of my father and the Reagan family to see someone like this who just personally attacks people time and time and time again is absolutely appalling to me and I hope all the voters start to see through Donald Trump and the kind of candidate that he his and the kind of president he may end up being.”

According to Reagan, Trump’s campaign is long on inflammatory rhetoric and short on specifics.

“It’s nice to say, ‘I’m going to make America great again,’ but how are you going to do that? What laws are you going to pass? What bills are you going to pass? How are you going to work with Congress? What are you going to do?” Reagan said.

Trumps fans respond with "He talks tough and I like tough talkin'":gives: about specifics?

Seriously his son?

You do know he is a liberal right?

You are thinking of Ron Reagan. Not Michael.

Michael is a born again Christian. Conservative.

Seriously?

Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Google News Archive Search

Seriously his son?

No, you're thinking of the homo son, Ron Jr.

Ron Junior is a homo because he likes dance?

Only in America

note: Mikhail Nikolayevich Baryshnikov

No, he's a homo because he likes to dance with men.

It's sad to see the right wing personally attack a President's son with lies and innuendos if only because the son is a liberal

I can't speak for right wingers but Ron Jr is a fairly open homo and if you think recognizing that is an insult then you'd better check your lefty credentials at the gay bar door and apologize to Ron Jr.

RoshawnMarkwees the usmb imbecile
Seriously his son?

Only in America

It's sad to see the right wing personally attack a President's son with lies and innuendos if only because the son is a liberal
I can't speak for right wingers but Ron Jr is a fairly open homo and if you think recognizing that is an insult then you'd better check your lefty credentials at the gay bar door and apologize to Ron Jr.
The bigoted President feared his own son was -- gulp -- gay, because he chose ballet. How pathetic is that?

And gay advocates the same. shame on them all

"Being typed as gay "has never bothered me," says Reagan, 46, a political commentator for MSNBC and dog show host for Animal Planet. He was in town doing interviews for the Television Critics Association meeting, "I've always thought of it like someone thinking I'm Chinese or something. It's not pejorative, as far as I can see. It's simply incorrect.""

Ron Jr. on the record: the son of Ronald Reagan breaks his silence regarding the whisper campaign that he is gay. - Free Online Library

Only in America

The bigoted President feared his own son was -- gulp -- gay, because he chose ballet. How pathetic is that?

"Being typed as gay "has never bothered me," says Reagan, 46, a political commentator for MSNBC and dog show host for Animal Planet. He was in town doing interviews for the Television Critics Association meeting, "I've always thought of it like someone thinking I'm Chinese or something. It's not pejorative, as far as I can see. It's simply incorrect.""

Ron Jr. on the record: the son of Ronald Reagan breaks his silence regarding the whisper campaign that he is gay. - Free Online Library
And you're a gay troll.

Only in America

And you're a gay troll.
think so?

I don't know whether to thank you or cry a river...

Since when did the Democratic Party care about anything Ronnie would have thought...wait....when they can use it against a political opponent.

Forum List

Back