Reagan - Class Act

Was Reagan perfect? No, he had a Democrat controlled Congress so he had to negotiate and compromise to get his agenda passed

Did Reagan change the USA and the world for the better? Absolutely!

He freed tens of millions form the horrible, dehumanizing political economic system known as "Progressive State" and people in the USA and Eastern Bloc who were not invested in the success of the USSR admire him for this

An excuse followed by a lie.

Does anyone else sense a rhythm to nutball rhetoric? If you read it out loud at the right speed you can Virginia Reel to it.

I have nothing to defend and am bored by the Progressive rewrite of history

Reagan called the USSR an "Evil Empire" and made their collapse one of his top two priorities.

You want to imagine it was different, that's your problem.

Maybe we should see if we can get the cold war going again just so you froot loops can go back to hiding under your bed with your tin foil beanies on.

Does man make history, or does history make the man? Not a simple question, and one not easily comprehended by partisan hacks (a shout-out to warrior and crusaderfrank, among other hacks).

RR was a great communicator and was able to make a personal connection with conservatives, liberals, Democrats, fellow Republicans and world leaders. These were his greatest strengths; foresight was not.

He was also lucky; he didn't have buffoons like McConnell and Boehner in Congress; no one in the other party was so brazen as McConnell to make bringing down the President his one priority and stonewalling every effort by him to govern.

Freddo, RR had a short "to-do" list

1. Defeat Soviet Communism

2. Hand the US economy back to US entrepreneurs

If your FDR is "Great" for 7 years of 20% Unemployment, RR is a God
Reagan voted for FDR.

That was before Reagan realized the Democrat party have become Communist in nature.

So, Ronnie and Nancy went into a little cafe for some lunch. The waiter asked Nancy what she wanted and she answered, "A filet, medium rare and a salad".

The waiter asked, "And the vegetable?"

Nancy, "Oh, he'll have the same".

No one on this board would vote for Reagan if he were alive and running.

Bullshit

No Modern Dem would vote for JFK
Of course not. Can you imagine a Democrat today uttering anything along the lines of, "Ask not what your country can do for you,..."

That would be a killer for the parasite vote, without which the Dems would be down to a senate seat in Vermont.

Does man make history, or does history make the man? Not a simple question, and one not easily comprehended by partisan hacks (a shout-out to warrior and crusaderfrank, among other hacks).

RR was a great communicator and was able to make a personal connection with conservatives, liberals, Democrats, fellow Republicans and world leaders. These were his greatest strengths; foresight was not.

He was also lucky; he didn't have buffoons like McConnell and Boehner in Congress; no one in the other party was so brazen as McConnell to make bringing down the President his one priority and stonewalling every effort by him to govern.

Freddo, RR had a short "to-do" list

1. Defeat Soviet Communism

2. Hand the US economy back to US entrepreneurs

If your FDR is "Great" for 7 years of 20% Unemployment, RR is a God
Reagan voted for FDR.

no surprise since he was originally a democrat.:D the sheople here just dont get it that its a a one party system designed to look like two parties so they think they have a choice in who gets elected.John connolly did the same thing,jumped ship after his pal and friend Lbj was out of office to serve as a republican under his other friend and pal Dick Nixon.The three of them were all long time friends with each other.

images

Historians and presidential experts have a little different take on the presidential ratings. They rated Reagan as 18th. out of 44, a little above average. And to rate Reagan just against the 20th century presidents he came in 9th of 19. almost perfectly average. Coolidge was rated 29th, out of 44, overall, somewhat below average and above Richard Nixon. Against the 20th century presidents Coolidge rated 14th out of 19, not very close to average.

Still hurts after 25 years, eh? That's one hell of a legacy and pretty much speaks for itself.

I imagine it would have to hurt if you're still living on Soviet-era pay. Not that their troubles are completely Reagan's fault, but he sure as hell didn't help.

Still hurts after 25 years, eh? That's one hell of a legacy and pretty much speaks for itself.

I imagine it would have to hurt if you're still living on Soviet-era pay. Not that their troubles are completely Reagan's fault, but he sure as hell didn't help.
Trust me. if the russians hadn't gone communist in the first place, their lot would have been and would be a lot better. I know of no ex-communist country whose standards of living has not improved since their former governments fell. Just, put some salve on it. It will feel better eventually.

Trust me. if the russians hadn't gone communist in the first place, their lot would have been and would be a lot better. I know of no ex-communist country whose standards of living has not improved since their former governments fell. Just, put some salve on it. It will feel better eventually.

Source it or you're a liar.

Source it or you're a liar.
Don't be an ass. Source your initial claim first. Btw, the salve will help.

Forum List

Back