Rational discourse on gun control

Gun violence ends lives.
Gang violence ends lives. Automobiles end lives. Cancer from artificial ingredients ends lives. What are the top 3 killers of Americans and why don't you give a shit about them?

The top 5? Top 8? Not "gun violence". Why don't you give a shit about all those lives? Why do you focus on guns?

FastStats
Automobiles are designed as a means of transportation. Artificial ingredients are used as preservative and flavor enhancers. What are semi-automatic firing systems designed to do?

1. The ban on the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution and possession of weapons with a semi-automatic firing system and the ability to be fitted with a magazine containing greater than ten rounds.

2. Drive by shootings, mass shootings. At least let's lower the body count.

3. Criminals are not going to mass produce their own arsenal of such weaponry. Criminals are not going to convert other weapons to serve their purpose. Gang shootings, inner city shootings particularly will be reduced.

4. Your right to bear arms would not be infringed. You can still own all the bolt action rifles, shot guns and revolvers you want. You can still bear arms.

Now, I know that gun lovers will disagree. But what gun lover actually needs a semi-automatic weapon?

There is no reason any law abiding person cannot have a semiautomatic rifle. Semiautomatic rifles have been around since the 1860's
There is no reason a law abiding citizen cannot have any capacity magazine he wants

No law abiding person is responsible for the criminal acts of another person.

What if I told you that all drivers had to pay to install a breathalyzer ignition lockout on every car they own and they have to blow into it every 15 minutes or the car will shut down

After all that would eliminate drunk driving wouldn't it?

Or maybe all men need to be chemically castrated because some men are rapists

We do not hold law abiding people responsible for the criminal acts of others.
Every shooter is law abiding, until they aren't.

So what?

Do we just treat everyone like a criminal because after all no one is a criminal until they are, right?

So why don't we have you chemically castrated because every man is not a rapist until he is?

What about we just revoke your drivers licence because you're not a drunk driver until you are?

Need I go on?

If anyone breaks the law THEN you restrict and /or revoke his rights.
Could I walk around downtown wearing a suit made of dynamite and still be law abiding? So long as I don't light the fuse, it's my right to do so, right?

There are dangers involved with deadly weapons. If we can ban the Ford Pinto due to safety concerns, why not weapons designed for war, not sport?

If a gun has a design flaw, the way the pinto did....you can have it recalled...and if someone is hurt due to a design flaw you can sue the gun maker....so we already have what you want.

All guns have been used for war....lever action rifles were used in war before magazine fed rifles were...revolvers were used for war before semi auto pistols were made....and medics in Vietnam often carried shot guns as their main weapon.......

So if we let you morons declare weapons of war off limits...you can declare all firearms off limits.....
Even sticks and stones have been used used as weapons of war. And puppies too. And children.

Gun violence ends lives.
Gang violence ends lives. Automobiles end lives. Cancer from artificial ingredients ends lives. What are the top 3 killers of Americans and why don't you give a shit about them?

The top 5? Top 8? Not "gun violence". Why don't you give a shit about all those lives? Why do you focus on guns?

FastStats
Automobiles are designed as a means of transportation. Artificial ingredients are used as preservative and flavor enhancers. What are semi-automatic firing systems designed to do?
Protect the rights of the people.

It's difficult, from the photograph, to determine the firing system of that weapon.

Back in 1996 when we had an assault weapons ban, the debate was muddied by the gun lobby.

Flash suppressors, grips, a stocks, and triggers were the topic they wanted debated. Cosmetics. Ephemera. Nonsense. The question is, are semi-automatic firing systems and large capacity magazines weapons that belong on the streets, or in the hands of a well regulated militia?
Firing system? Dude, the Clinton anti-gun ban and the proposed 2013 Obama gun ban were all about appearance, not type of "firing system".

Automobiles aren't a right given by the Constitution. Why do you think you have a right to one? Do you think we have unenumerated rights?

All the guns flooding the streets are not just benign tools in the hands of the law abiding. Would you deny there is a problem with gun violence in America? And, again, all shooters are law abiding until they aren't.
Typical LW partisan. Would you deny there is a problem with violence in America? Why do you focus only upon "gun" violence? Because it's just as big a LW meme as gay marriage and abortion are for your equally fanatic counterparts?
Gun violence ends lives.

Gun self defense save a lot more lives.....

8,124 gun murders

1,500,000 times guns are used to stop violent criminal attack....

on top of all the recreational use of guns....

Is the rifle pictured below a ""weapon designed for a battlefield? Under the Democrat's 2013 anti-gun bill it would be banned. Do you agree it should be banned?

View attachment 87628
For the magazine, yes.
Dodge. Is the weapon pictured designed for the battlefield, yes or no?
It's difficult, from the photograph, to determine the firing system of that weapon.

Back in 1996 when we had an assault weapons ban, the debate was muddied by the gun lobby.

Flash suppressors, grips, a stocks, and triggers were the topic they wanted debated. Cosmetics. Ephemera. Nonsense. The question is, are semi-automatic firing systems and large capacity magazines weapons that belong on the streets, or in the hands of a well regulated militia?

The question is, are semi-automatic firing systems and large capacity magazines weapons that belong on the streets, or in the hands of a well regulated militia?

Yes....law abiding citizens, who do not use their guns for crime...need them for self defense. And of course you lie......a large capacity magazine would be a 100 round drum magazine...but you lie by ommitting that you want 19 round magazines as well....that way you get to ban whole categories of guns without actually passing a law to ban them.....

Gun violence ends lives.

FastStats

What are semi-automatic firing systems designed to do

They are designed to save the life of the law abiding gun owner using them....from one or more attackers...armed with knives, clubs, or guns.....

And thank you for tipping your hand......we know that your next step is to lie about semi autos of all types....

Gun violence ends lives.

FastStats

All any firearm is designed to do is to propel a projectile at a target.

A semi automatic which BTW has been around for over 150 years allows follow up shots on target without having to reacquire between shots

Could I walk around downtown wearing a suit made of dynamite and still be law abiding? So long as I don't light the fuse, it's my right to do so, right?

There are dangers involved with deadly weapons. If we can ban the Ford Pinto due to safety concerns, why not weapons designed for war, not sport?
See my earlier post on destructive devices such as bombs, sawed off shotguns, machine guns, and submachine guns.

This is going to become the next definitional issue.

Gun ownership is 99% about self defense and only 1% about "sport".
Tell that to the hunters in the parts of Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio I live in and around.

I hunt. Are you saying that the only reason I do it is sport?
A freezer full of venison is a grand thing. But while you're hunting, it's sport, right?

Not when the purpose is to fill the freezer full of venison.

All the guns flooding the streets are not just benign tools in the hands of the law abiding. Would you deny there is a problem with gun violence in America? And, again, all shooters are law abiding until they aren't.
Typical LW partisan. Would you deny there is a problem with violence in America? Why do you focus only upon "gun" violence? Because it's just as big a LW meme as gay marriage and abortion are for your equally fanatic counterparts?
Gun violence ends lives.

Murder ends lives, and you have provided exactly 0 empirical evidence that gun laws have much effect on murder rates. You think you can sit in your dirty urine stained liberal armchair and declare reality as whatever makes you feel good

Last edited:
Botswana: liberal gun control paradise, 15 murders per 100,000 & 4.9 firearms per 100

Switzerland: gun culture, 0.5 murders per 100,000 & 45 guns per 100 people

How bout dim apples liberals? you spent pages venting liberal bad breath and I can destroy it in 2 lines

Why Americans should go live in Botswana; 7 African nations with more sensible gun control laws than the US
Guns in Botswana — Firearms, gun law and gun control
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recreational shooting is widespread in Switzerland. Practice with guns is a popular form of recreation, and is encouraged by the government, particularly for the members of the militia.

Prior to the turn of the century, about 200,000 people used to attend the annual Feldschiessen, which is the largest rifle shooting competition in the world. In 2012 they counted 130,000 participants.
[17] For the 2015 Federal Shooting (Eidg. Schützenfest) 37,000 shooters are registered.[18] In addition, there are several private shooting ranges which rent guns

Gun violence ends lives.

Murder ends lives, and you have provided exactly 0 empirical evidence that gun laws have much effect on murder rates. You think you can sit in your dirty urine stained liberal armchair and declare reality as whatever makes you feel good
And that's where you went off the maturity train. Good luck.

Gun violence ends lives.

ad hominem, no supporting data, I am correct again, carry on as usual liberal

Gun violence ends lives.

Let's review...

You said:

You think you can sit in your dirty urine stained liberal armchair and declare reality as whatever makes you feel good.

Then you said:

Ad hominem, no supporting data, I am correct again, carry on as usual liberal

Now, can you recognize ad hominems when you write them?

Gun violence ends lives.

Let's review...

You said:

You think you can sit in your dirty urine stained liberal armchair and declare reality as whatever makes you feel good.

Then you said:

yes, I do love slinging shit, however I backed it up with empirical evidence and you did not. separate the emotional from the reality

I am frustrated with you guys because you vote and have power, that's why I spew the trash talk. Ad hom me, but please also give me something to sink my teeth into other than your armchair sophistry

Gun violence ends lives.

Let's review...

You said:

Then you said:

yes, I do love slinging shit, however I backed it up with empirical evidence and you did not. separate the emotional from the reality

I am frustrated with you guys because you vote and have power, that's why I spew the trash talk. Ad hom me, but please also give me something to sink my teeth into other than your armchair sophistry
You ranted about gay marriage and abortion. Is that 'empirical data'?

'Slinging shit' and 'trash talk' Are those 'empirical data' points?

Actually, 'slinging shit' and 'trash talk' betrays shallow, poorly developed thoughts. Have you noticed my posts are devoid of that?

Let's review...

You said:

Then you said:

Actually, 'slinging shit' and 'trash talk' betrays shallow, poorly developed thoughts. Have you noticed my posts are devoid of that?

where did I rant about gay marriage? show it or admit you lied

I supplied data, you did not, you can foam at your ugly liberal mouth all you want about ad homs but that fact remains. You are an emotional irrational armchair BS thinker and I discipline my opinions by empirical reality, that is the difference between you and I.

Let's review...

You said:

Then you said:

I supplied data, you did not, you can foam at your ugly liberal mouth all you want about ad homs but that fact remains. You are an emotional irrational armchair BS thinker and I discipline my opinions by empirical reality, that is the difference between you and I.
I'm sorry. That was Divine Wind, not you. Please accept my apologies. It was a stupid mistake.

Let's review...

You said:

Then you said:

I'm sorry. That was Divine Wind, not you. Please accept my apologies. It was a stupid mistake.

np we all make mistakes like that, very admirable to actually say it

Forum List

Back