Rastafari

rasta-monkey.jpg

Rastafari stands alone

Junior Gong
\

No it doesn't.

It's just another in a long long line of religions (and or philosophies) that are basically anti-materialistic.

The BATTLE FOR THE SOUL OF MANKIND HAS BEEN --AND WILL BE-- WITH US FOREVER.

Rastafari culture does not encourage mainstream political involvement. In fact, in the early stages of the movement most Rastas did not vote, out of principle.

Top, why are you on a Political Forum?

It seems this is another part of your doctrine ......

I wouldn't be so obsessed if I didn't get drug tested at work. They are infringing on my religious rights.
Bob Marley was half white and married half white miss world

I wouldn't be so obsessed if I didn't get drug tested at work. They are infringing on my religious rights.
I'm glad they drug test you, I don't want you screwing up my burger and fries.

I knew it! I knew you were buzzed half the time! That's great! So do you grow your own?

I've been friends with many Ratafari and generally like them. But unfortunately, their easy going attitude was also the reason why there was such massive poverty and suffering in the area. Not to mention faulty electrical and sewer systems.

You can't live off of the weed. You gotta produce - not just for today, but for the future when catastrophe may strike.

Though the values of modern soceity get overwhelming, to the point that that devaluates life, Rastafari take relaxation a little too far.

Makes me think, yet again, that the Buddist concept of the 'Middle way', really is the best.

Come to think of it....

Why do Rastifari & the like always refer to 'Babylon', in criticizing modern culture.

I don't know too much about ancient Babylon, but Western Culture is based on ancient Rome, not on Babylon...

It's a bit more complex than a couple of Bible references.

Besides which, the Romans were almost certainly worse than the Babylonians any way.

I'm a millionaire at 50, my electricity and other utilities are fine.
Babylon is a reference to the oppressive people.

Forum List

Back