Do you pray every day?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Or just when you feel the need to, like if somebody is sick, or you're needing guidance.

I pray every day.

No reason to feel shy about it.

I like to pray in my car on my way to work, no radio, just silence with me talking to God.
I sometimes do it the whole trip, and my school is about 40 minutes from where I live.

When I'm not working I'll sometimes pray in the morning when I wake up, or before I go to sleep at night.

I'm not sure. I don't say the rosary or anything formal. I don't meditate. But there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not yearning for something for someone I love (or for me) and I try to change worry to prayer, when I can.

I mumble a lot at God...mebbe I need to learn to speak up.

One of my Buddhist teachers is very generous about what he calls prayer or spiritual practice.

He says if you think about it, and you don't pray, but you want to, that's prayer too.

Is this just a yes or no poll or is this something people want to talk about?

It is a great subject to talk about, but we could get caught up in trying to tell a better story than the next person. Our prayer experiences are all different, and at the same time they are much the same. We either see God in our daily experience, or we don't.

I have been a Christian now for 54 years. Over these years I have grown in my personal relationship with God. I have been teaching Bible study for the pase 30 years, and I have something to tell every Sunday that God has done fresh and new in my life over the week. I have daily experiences that I could share. That is because I have learned that my walk with God is a continuous time opf prayer and communion with Him. Prayer is the time when we talk to God. Bible study is the time when God talks to us.

Or just when you feel the need to, like if somebody is sick, or you're needing guidance.

I pray every day.

Never pray. Ever. Not even in times when most people assume I would pray.

I am not a superstitious person and I do not believe in supernatural phenomena.

---

"This I believe: I believe there is no God."

Having taken that step, it informs every moment of my life. I'm not greedy. I have love, blue skies, rainbows and Hallmark cards, and that has to be enough....

Believing there is no God means the suffering I've seen in my family, and indeed all the suffering in the world, isn't caused by an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent force that isn't bothered to help or is just testing us, but rather something we all may be able to help others with in the future. No God means the possibility of less suffering in the future.

Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.
-there are others at this link who state what they believe, and it might parallel your words...

I pray every day.

---

Having taken that step, it informs every moment of my life. I'm not greedy. I have love, blue skies, rainbows and Hallmark cards, and that has to be enough....

Believing there is no God means the suffering I've seen in my family, and indeed all the suffering in the world, isn't caused by an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent force that isn't bothered to help or is just testing us, but rather something we all may be able to help others with in the future. No God means the possibility of less suffering in the future.

Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. -there are others at this link who state what they believe, and it might parallel your words...

I pray for you. ;)

I pray every day.

---

Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. -there are others at this link who state what they believe, and it might parallel your words...

I pray for you. ;)

Lots of people do. :eusa_angel:

and I do not mind. :eusa_think:

I pray every day.

---

Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.
-there are others at this link who state what they believe, and it might parallel your words...

Just something to consider. I pray, but I don't pray to a supernatural being. I pray to get my mind in a receptive state for meditation. I'm praying to the potential of all beings to awaken to Buddha nature.

Is this just a yes or no poll or is this something people want to talk about?

It is a great subject to talk about, but we could get caught up in trying to tell a better story than the next person. Our prayer experiences are all different, and at the same time they are much the same. We either see God in our daily experience, or we don't.

I have been a Christian now for 54 years. Over these years I have grown in my personal relationship with God. I have been teaching Bible study for the pase 30 years, and I have something to tell every Sunday that God has done fresh and new in my life over the week. I have daily experiences that I could share. That is because I have learned that my walk with God is a continuous time opf prayer and communion with Him. Prayer is the time when we talk to God. Bible study is the time when God talks to us.

I've found that God tends to talk when He feels like it. Whether reading the scriptures or doing other things.

I pray every day.

---

I've never really thought of God as supernatural. He's as natural as any one of us. It's interesting how different perspectives influence people.

Everyday.

I've always believed in and prayed to God, but after going through what I refer to as 'my living hell', my prayer time increased. Prayer and meditation. I thank God everyday for all that I have in my life .... blessed with a loving and supportive husband and two healthy children.

I lost my way for awhile. Prayer and faith in God helped me to get my life back in order and helped me to realize what is really important.

Life is the most precious gift and I am so thankful to be here on this beautiful planet experiencing every moment of it .... good and bad.

I know there are many here on these boards who don't believe in God and I can respect that. For me, having faith in God and knowing that his love, his pure and boundless spirit, his warm and radiant light that flows through me each day, helped bring me back from a very bad place.

I trust in God and in the Universe and know that all life loves and supports me. Each day when I pray, I breathe in the fullness and richness of live, observing with joy as God and life abundantly support me with more good than I can imagine.

Forum List

Back