Rastafari

supported by Leviticus 21:5 ("They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in the flesh.")

supported by Leviticus 21:5 ("They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in the flesh.")

So that means you have to wear your hair all gnarly and gross? Or are you guys just too lazy/stoned/broke to get a haircut?

So that means you have to wear your hair all gnarly and gross? Or are you guys just too lazy/stoned/broke to get a haircut?

I working in Corp America in the Hear of Babylon. No dreads yet for me.

So you're not a true rasta? Must really burn having to work for the white man, poor you.

So you're not a true rasta? Must really burn having to work for the white man, poor you.

The first thing a "FREE Frizbetarian" must understand is that there is no single TRUE path to being a FREE Frizbetarian other than letting others find their own path to that state of grace.

Your clueless, Rasta is not about having to follow a strict set of rules. It's about I and I

Your clueless, Rasta is not about having to follow a strict set of rules. It's about I and I

KHV: Matthew 12: 35

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

What bible says that? The marijuana grower's handbook?

Isn't it amazing how quasi religious groups will cherry pick from their favorite guidebook to fit their own agenda. Islamic fundamentalists pick 111 verses of the Qu'ran out of over 6,000 to justify their rotten deeds. Christian fanatics, et al., pick verses from The Bible to justify their own cult beliefs.

Isn't it amazing how quasi religious groups will cherry pick from their favorite guidebook to fit their own agenda. Islamic fundamentalists pick 111 verses of the Qu'ran out of over 6,000 to justify their rotten deeds. Christian fanatics, et al., pick verses from The Bible to justify their own cult beliefs.

Genisis 1:29 My personal fav
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

Leviticus 21:5 ("They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in the flesh."

As I said, it appears the Rastas have picked only ONE verse as their gospel regarding appearance. Read some of the others I posted in my link which say just the opposite.

Genisis 1:29 My personal fav
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

That's what we all do. Why do Rastas think that's a rule that belongs only to them? If it's edible, we eat it.

The Herb (marijuana) is a holy sacrament to the Rasta. Rasa's are not about hating, we leave that to babylon.
reason and overstanding are key

Sigh...I'm sorry, but I really think people that get caught up in cultish movements have other serious problems and they're looking for THE answer to be told to them so they can continue to justify bad behavior in many instances. We all have problems, and some will never be solved, no matter how many escape routes or crutches are used.

The Herb (marijuana) is a holy sacrament to the Rasta. Rasa's are not about hating, we leave that to babylon.

So you're choosing to believe that "the green seed" mentioned in The Bible only refers to marijuana? Therein lies your problem.

So you're choosing to believe that "the green seed" mentioned in The Bible only refers to marijuana? Therein lies your problem.

wow your ignorance is boundless, most Rasta's are vegitarians.

Topspin -- Buddhism is the most peaceful, nonviolent religion and strict conformists all shave their heads. They also have their own "bible" as guidlines and don't try to hijack portions of The [Christian/Jedaeo] Bible to suit their practices. I'm also sure that, being great believers in the inner self and brotherhood, if you wanted to, they'd allow you to smoke all the dope you wanted. Why not become a Buddha?

Forum List

Back