Rape, Incest, and the 15 week limit

It's a societal problem, therefore it's everyone's business.

Families with children living in poverty is a societal problem too.
Lack of healthcare for pregnant women and children is a societal problem too.
Lack of affordable daycare so a single Mom can work is a societal problem too.

It would be nice if those had the same "No Exceptions" kind of thing too.

Families with children living in poverty is a societal problem too.
Lack of healthcare for pregnant women and children is a societal problem too.
Lack of affordable daycare so a single Mom can work is a societal problem too.

It would be nice if those had the same "No Exceptions" kind of thing too.
Much of those problems result from unplanned children. Women are the gatekeepers, but sadly too many aren't keeping the 'gate' secured.

Much of those problems result from unplanned children. Women are the gatekeepers, but sadly too many aren't keeping the 'gate' secured.

One problem is that younger men spend much of their existence trying to figure out ways to get in that 'gate'. That includes all sorts of promises.

One problem is that younger men spend much of their existence trying to figure out ways to get in that 'gate'. That includes all sorts of promises.
True. I was that young man. However, I made no promises, but very few girls said no. :cool:

The majority of the opposition to abortion has never been about legitimate medical reasons for the mother's health or even about rape or incest. Those reasons only account for about 4% of the abortions in the US.

The opposition is about abortion on demand for the sake of convenience. In other words killing a child because you don't want to be bothered with them. That is morally wrong.

I am adamantly against abortion. I do support abortion for legitimate medical reasons. I don't support abortion for rape or incest because a child should not be put to death for the crimes of the father.

However, I will compromise on rape and incest in exchange for no more abortion for convenience. That would be "common sense" abortion law.

The majority of the opposition to abortion has never been about legitimate medical reasons for the mother's health or even about rape or incest. Those reasons only account for about 4% of the abortions in the US.

The opposition is about abortion on demand for the sake of convenience. In other words killing a child because you don't want to be bothered with them. That is morally wrong.

I am adamantly against abortion. I do support abortion for legitimate medical reasons. I don't support abortion for rape or incest because a child should not be put to death for the crimes of the father.

However, I will compromise on rape and incest in exchange for no more abortion for convenience. That would be "common sense" abortion law.

A very rational argument. Refreshing.

4% sounds like a small number. And anti-abortion folks love to use it. They also love to talk about the 60 million abortions performed since Roe v. Wade.

4% of 60 million is 2.4 million abortions for rape, incest and the mother's medical health. 2,400,000 is no small thing.

4% sounds like a small number. And anti-abortion folks love to use it. They also love to talk about the 60 million abortions performed since Roe v. Wade.

4% of 60 million is 2.4 million abortions for rape, incest and the mother's medical health. 2,400,000 is no small thing.
57,600,000 is a much larger number. The number killed just so they wouldn't be a bother to the mother.

The kerfuffle over the imminent discarding of Roe v Wade has brought increasing attention to the states that have imposed, or want to impose a firm 15-week limit on early-stage abortions, which coincides roughly with the "fetal heart beat" standard.

Lefties have a collective case of The Vapors because some or all of these measures don't have an exclusion for rape and/or incest. (More on this later).

So let's look at reality for a moment. Imagine a woman is raped and as luck would have it, she is impregnated. So statistically speaking, she would be in the middle of her menstrual cycle, and two weeks later...no period. Then four weeks after that...no period. Then four weeks after that...no period.

Do ya think she might have an inkling that she is preggles? Jesus fuck, how stupid will we suppose she is?

Another four weeks go by...no period. At this point she is fourteen weeks post rape. She has missed FOUR menstrual periods. And STILL after the passage of all that time, she can get an abortion in the States in question, with no problems.

FOLKS, the "rape&incest" thing is a non-issue. The woman in question has had figurative eons to consider her condition and what to do about it. There is no question that this victim has had EVERY OPPORTUNITY IN THE WORLD to get an abortion, and Planned Parenthood is probably beating down her door, offering to do it for free.

This is a phony-made-up issue.

Now to incest. If the impregnated female is younger than the applicable age of consent in her home State, then she has been raped, by definition. If the woman is beyond the age of consent and has NOT consented to the act of intercourse then she has been raped. If she is over the age of consent and engaged in intercourse with a family member voluntarily, then she should have no special treatment under the applicable abortion law. She gets fifteen weeks to decide, just like everybody else. Not every incestuous impregnation is a rape.

So in discussing this, it is unnecessary to mention "incest." It is just a matter of how to treat a woman who has been raped, either statutorily, or otherwise. Rape. That's it.

I'm with you on your main point but pg is calculated in weeks (as you know) but what most people don't know is that the weeks begin at your LAST period. So when you get pg you are actually two weeks pg. Your first missed period is 4 weeks; second is 8 weeks. Third is 12. So we are really talking about three missed periods.

I used to think stories of women "not knowing" they were pg had to be made up. But no, there's an entire series about it. Usually it's women on BC but the stories are still outrageous. At any rate--yes, if you were raped and then missed THREE periods one would hope something could be done.

Not to mention we live in the era of Plan B....

The kerfuffle over the imminent discarding of Roe v Wade has brought increasing attention to the states that have imposed, or want to impose a firm 15-week limit on early-stage abortions, which coincides roughly with the "fetal heart beat" standard.

Lefties have a collective case of The Vapors because some or all of these measures don't have an exclusion for rape and/or incest. (More on this later).

So let's look at reality for a moment. Imagine a woman is raped and as luck would have it, she is impregnated. So statistically speaking, she would be in the middle of her menstrual cycle, and two weeks later...no period. Then four weeks after that...no period. Then four weeks after that...no period.

Do ya think she might have an inkling that she is preggles? Jesus fuck, how stupid will we suppose she is?

Another four weeks go by...no period. At this point she is fourteen weeks post rape. She has missed FOUR menstrual periods. And STILL after the passage of all that time, she can get an abortion in the States in question, with no problems.

FOLKS, the "rape&incest" thing is a non-issue. The woman in question has had figurative eons to consider her condition and what to do about it. There is no question that this victim has had EVERY OPPORTUNITY IN THE WORLD to get an abortion, and Planned Parenthood is probably beating down her door, offering to do it for free.

This is a phony-made-up issue.

Now to incest. If the impregnated female is younger than the applicable age of consent in her home State, then she has been raped, by definition. If the woman is beyond the age of consent and has NOT consented to the act of intercourse then she has been raped. If she is over the age of consent and engaged in intercourse with a family member voluntarily, then she should have no special treatment under the applicable abortion law. She gets fifteen weeks to decide, just like everybody else. Not every incestuous impregnation is a rape.

So in discussing this, it is unnecessary to mention "incest." It is just a matter of how to treat a woman who has been raped, either statutorily, or otherwise. Rape. That's it.
Mind i I borrow some of that?

Women get their periods roughly every 28 days (if their period is regular, many are not). So it is quite easy to get pregnant and not know it in time for the 15 day limit.

Forum List

Back