Rape doesn't cause pregnancy

Missouri Republican claims ‘legitimate rape’ rarely results in pregnancy – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is a textbook example of how using stupid arguments to support your position serves only to strengthen the opposition. Where in the Hell does this guy get his information from?

From medical facts, if he would have used correct grammer.
The guy certainly made a grammatical mistake...
He used the word "illegitimate" instead of the words "forcible", or "violent".
It is somewhat context-understandable.

Could be an honest mistake...
Though the way faux news is harping on it, it is probably just their way of ensuring a win-win for planned parenthood this time 'round.

Both Romney and Obama are all-for abortion - anytime, anywhere, just give them baby-haters money. I guess now they want to make sure that the Senate seats remain full of baby-haters.

What medical fact?

This doctor wants to know.

BTW he already said he misspoke. It's fairly obvious what he was trying to say.

I have yet to see Obama say he misspoke when he talked about his trip through the 57 States of this Union.

When you claim the female body has a natural protection mechanism that prevents victims of rape from getting pregnant, it's not a "he misspoke" situation.

True story.

Do you have any links to back this up. If the women is ovulating at the time of rape and the rapist nasty little sperm meets up She is more than likely to become pregnant.
What are you saying the Egg fights off the sperm.. Little army guys come out and protect the egg.
Its well known that many many women get pregnant after rape and some carried and raised the baby.

BTW he already said he misspoke. It's fairly obvious what he was trying to say.

I have yet to see Obama say he misspoke when he talked about his trip through the 57 States of this Union.

When you claim the female body has a natural protection mechanism that prevents victims of rape from getting pregnant, it's not a "he misspoke" situation.

True story.

Do you have any links to back this up. If the women is ovulating at the time of rape and the rapist nasty little sperm meets up She is more than likely to become pregnant.
What are you saying the Egg fights off the sperm.. Little army guys come out and protect the egg.
Its well known that many many women get pregnant after rape and some carried and raised the baby.

I think you misread G's point. He was mocking the notion that rape victims resist pregnancy.

True story.

I think you misread G's point. He was mocking the notion that rape victims resist pregnancy.

Oh sorry I did, thanks for explaining.

Missouri Republican claims ‘legitimate rape’ rarely results in pregnancy – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is a textbook example of how using stupid arguments to support your position serves only to strengthen the opposition. Where in the Hell does this guy get his information from?

next he'll say if a woman is raped it's because she was asking for it.
Maybe so, but since he is using it as an argument against allowing an abortion in the case of rape, I would expect him to say if a woman gets pregnant she could not have been raped!

Though the way faux news is harping on it, it is probably just their way of ensuring a win-win for planned parenthood this time 'round.

Both Romney and Obama are all-for abortion - anytime, anywhere, just give them baby-haters money. I guess now they want to make sure that the Senate seats remain full of baby-haters.

What medical fact?

Some "Doctor" you must be...

http://www.biomedres.org/journal/pdf/311.pdf

NIH study indicates stress may delay women getting pregnant, August 11, 2010 News Release - National Institutes of Health (NIH)

I have more evidence, you have only an empty claim to authority by stating you are a "doctor", a logical fallacy.
The onus is now on you. Please do not try another red herring argument, nobody has said that it is impossible to get pregnant from rape, only that it is extremely rare, to which there are physiological reasons.

Stress is proven to inhibit pregnacy. Forcible rape is tremendously stressful, thus very likely to inhibit pregnancy. Its not rocket science, though it is something anyone with a basic understanding of medicine should be able to grasp.

Mr. Akin's statement was not false, though it was lacking articulation.

Rape, including non-violent rapes, account for less than 1% of all abortions.
w.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3711005.pdf

The bottom line is this:
This clearly orchestrated event is faux news method of dividing the pro-life majority.
They are ensuring that baby-haters control the senate, just as they have ensured that baby-haters control the presidency.

Last edited:

What medical fact?

NIH study indicates stress may delay women getting pregnant, August 11, 2010 News Release - National Institutes of Health (NIH)

I have more evidence, you have only an empty claim to authority by stating you are a "doctor", a logical fallacy.
The onus is now on you. Please do not try another red herring argument, nobody has said that it is impossible to get pregnant from rape, only that it is extremely rare, to which there are physiological reasons.

Stress is proven to inhibit pregnacy. Forcible rape is tremendously stressful, thus very likely to inhibit pregnancy. Its not rocket science, though it is something anyone with a basic understanding of medicine should be able to grasp.

The bottom line is this:
This clearly orchestrated event is faux news method of dividing the pro-life majority.
They are ensuring that baby-haters control the senate, just as they have ensured that baby-haters control the presidency.

That is not the problem with Akin. He called it 'in cases of legitimate rape'. You mean, there is such a thing as illegitimate rape?

His claim is not false, therefore your "logical fallacy" is a fallacy in itself. Your whole 150 posts in 3 years shows you haven't been around here much. I wouldn't start mouthing off about things you - at the very least - are totally ignorant of.

That aside, "less than 1 percent" is less than one percent too many...

I know of three people how who have had abortions. Not one of them hated babies. Your empty rhetoric and emotive language won't change that fact...

Last edited:
he's not going to resign.

and he still might win.
Yep. Because a lot of fundies believe as he does.

"I was talking about forcible rape, and it was absolutely the wrong word."

Paul Ryan agrees with him that there is such a thing as forcible rape and consensual rape.....:lol:

What medical fact?

The bottom line is this:

This is a fallacy...

The reason why rape accounts for such a small amount is because few women report rapes, and when they do, they are usually given a "morning after" pill by the hospital to prevent pregnancy.

Kudos going out to the Missouri GOP for vetting their candidate so effectively.

He no doubt expressed the same kind of ignoranct nonsense that has made the GOP a real contender.

Stupid sells, folks.

What medical fact?

The bottom line is this:

Game, set, match

ACOG - Statement on Rape and Pregnancy

Claiming that stress inhibiting pregnancy in couples trying to get pregnant equates to some magical post rape contraceptive from God is either deliberately dishonesty or stupidity on a grand scale.

I suspect it's the former. So go peddle it on someone who is too ignorant to know better.

What medical fact?

The bottom line is this:

This is a fallacy...

The reason why rape accounts for such a small amount is because few women report rapes, and when they do, they are usually given a "morning after" pill by the hospital to prevent pregnancy.

Which is yet another form of birth control that will be outlawed if Romney/Ryan gets into the WH.

But................according to some, don't worry about it, because "legitimate" rape is a form of birth control.

Yeah...................right...............tell that to the approx. 32,000 women/year that get pregnant from rape.

Forum List

Back