Rape doesn't cause pregnancy

I believe most Americans today, when you ask them what's their biggest concern for them right now, it's the economy and finding full time high paying employment. We are in a struggling economy that hasn't improved since Obama has taken office with the unemployment and (more importantly) underemployment numbers to show it. Seems the Democrats are just looking for any distraction they can find, so as to get the voters attention off of jobs and earning enough to keep their homes. It's unfortunate the Democrats, this time around, will turn to Bin Laden or any other minor issue and blow it up into something major. This man's opinion, although I don't agree with it in this context, is not a major factor that WILL have an effect the American people as a whole in the next four years.

You're in the wrong thread.

But............you notice that even after he backed off the "legitimate rape" statement, he STILL thinks that a woman who is raped should still give birth to the child resulting from the rape.

Which is actually the most intellectually honest position. I am pro-choice but the only pro-lifers I have respect for are those who say no exceptions except for the health of the mother. If you truely believe the fetus is a person at conception then you don't make exceptions for the murder of innocents. The only exception you can claim is self defense where the mothers life is at stake.

Personally I hope he hangs in there. It is the pro-life argument we should have. If you are pro-life it is the one you must make or you are a total hypocrite.

When a democrat says something stupid, he just said something stupid. When a republican says something stupid, he's just revealing what all republicans really think.

Not every rape results in pregnancy. Not every act of intercourse results in pregnancy either. This doesn't make him correct, it just gives a basis of some kind of rationalization for his erroneous position.

you wish it was just that easy.

That few abortions are actually a result of a child concieved in rape.

Well that makes even less sense!

In other words, you dont want to put in the effort of looking at the context or are completely ignorant of the fact that few of the abortions performed are because a child was conceived through rape.

Actually, the problem is that I have no interest in constructing a context just to try to defend someone who says something stupid. It's not like he said something in a badly worded sentence. He went into depth to talk about his crazy notion that somehow women's bodies reject a rapist's sperm to prevent pregnancy.

This proves that the radical right wing extremist have "foot in mouth" disease.
WTF is "illegitimate" rape?

I think Romney and Ryan should campaign with this guy and tout Ryan's plan that he worked on with this lunatic!

But this is them!

tumblr_m81k8ezHUz1rcftipo1_500.gif

Missouri Republican claims ‘legitimate rape’ rarely results in pregnancy – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is a textbook example of how using stupid arguments to support your position serves only to strengthen the opposition. Where in the Hell does this guy get his information from?

From medical facts, if he would have used correct grammer.
The guy certainly made a grammatical mistake...
He used the word "illegitimate" instead of the words "forcible", or "violent".
It is somewhat context-understandable.

Could be an honest mistake...
Though the way faux news is harping on it, it is probably just their way of ensuring a win-win for planned parenthood this time 'round.

Both Romney and Obama are all-for abortion - anytime, anywhere, just give them baby-haters money. I guess now they want to make sure that the Senate seats remain full of baby-haters.

Last edited:
Missouri Republican claims ‘legitimate rape’ rarely results in pregnancy – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is a textbook example of how using stupid arguments to support your position serves only to strengthen the opposition. Where in the Hell does this guy get his information from?

Though the way faux news is harping on it, it is probably just their way of ensuring a win-win for planned parenthood this time 'round.

Both Romney and Obama are all-for abortion - anytime, anywhere, just give them baby-haters money. I guess now they want to make sure that the Senate seats remain full of baby-haters.

Rape victims have no control over whether or not they get pregnant.

At least not through the way the congressmen described.

That few abortions are actually a result of a child concieved in rape.

Well that makes even less sense!

In other words, you dont want to put in the effort of looking at the context or are completely ignorant of the fact that few of the abortions performed are because a child was conceived through rape.

How many rape abortions would there need to be needed before you'd say, that's enough to put it into the law as an exception?

Give us a figure, and then justify that number and not a lower one.

I heard Maddow give a good explanation of the rationale here (the crazy rationale to be precise)

If you can establish that rape victims don't get pregnant,

then if a woman IS pregnant,

she couldn't have been raped,

therefore the rape exception for abortion can never apply, and therefore need not be included in abortion law.

...I think the the GOP have handed the Democrats another nail to drive into their 2012 coffin.

Paul Ryan wants to outlaw abortion in the case of rape or incest.

Who arrests the rape victim, Paul?

Moron, it has nothing to do with grammar. What "medical facts" support the idea that a woman's body inherently knows the sperm of a rapist from the sperm of some other person?

next he'll say if a woman is raped it's because she was asking for it.

Perhaps. You know, I'm inclined to agree with him at least part of the way. I'll agree that magic happens inside a vagina, but I don't think magically identifying sperm as from a rapist and vaporizing them is part of it.

The Only Possible Scientific Reason I can think of is the fact that some Research has shown a Woman is more likely to get pregnant if she Climaxes around the same time the Man does, I doubt Most woman climax when being rapped, so I guess you could say if those studies are true, they are less likely to get Pregnant from a Rape, then Having Sex by Choice. Anyways. lol

I have never heard of that ... I have 2 boys and well that didn't happen...lol
This Congressman did retract what he said.. But it shows that most men do not have a clue about women's issues. What this man said was the most insulting thing for a woman who has been raped and got pregnant. Very sad.

BTW he already said he misspoke. It's fairly obvious what he was trying to say.

I have yet to see Obama say he misspoke when he talked about his trip through the 57 States of this Union.

When you claim the female body has a natural protection mechanism that prevents victims of rape from getting pregnant, it's not a "he misspoke" situation.

True story.

Forum List

Back