Rand Paul thuggery?

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
WTF? Is this real/true? This was just uploaded ystrdy. What say you?

A week after our video with Abby Martin came out on YouTube,
the RT office, where Abby works, got an ominous phone call from the
Senate Media Relations Committee. The Committee was acting on behalf
of Rand Paul and threatened both Abby and the entire RT news
organization.
The threats included ambiguous "charges" for violating
the rules of the Committee floor, Abby's possible arrest and the
termination of her and the entire office's press credentials.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osg0RYAP2cs&feature=player_embedded]Rand Paul Tries to Have Abby Martin Fired From RT For Daring To Ask Him Questions - YouTube[/ame]​

AFAIA, no charges have been filed against the journalist :eusa_think: What does that tell you?

Okay, let me see if I understand this correctly.

A couple of conspiracy theorist losers with press passes manage to get close enough to Rand Paul to ask him some conspiracy theory related questions about Romney. Rand Paul choses to remain silent.

Later, the conspiracy theorist losers claim Rand Paul initiated some legal action against them for accosting him in the Capitol.

We only have the losers' side of the story, though.

However, I can't help but wonder what a Liberatarian thinks of the idea of a journalist having to have government-approved credentials to approach an elected official in a government building paid for by taxpayers. And I wonder what a Liberatarian would think of an elected official using government regulations to keep those journalists out of that building forever.

Last edited:
Right wing thuggery... Of course.
images

Okay, let me see if I understand this correctly.

A couple of conspiracy theorist losers with press passes manage to get close enough to Rand Paul to ask him some conspiracy theory related questions about Romney. Rand Paul choses to remain silent.

Later, the conspiracy theorist losers claim Rand Paul initiated some legal action against them for accosting him in the Capitol.

We only have the losers' side of the story, though.

However, I can't help but wonder what a Liberatarian thinks of the idea of a journalist having to have government-approved credentials to approach an elected official in a government building paid for by taxpayers.

The Tea Party doesn't take siding w/ an Establishment Repub as being "conspiracy theory". Were they not established to eliminate this kind of corporate cronyism?

WTF? Is this real/true? This was just uploaded ystrdy. What say you?

A week after our video with Abby Martin came out on YouTube,
the RT office, where Abby works, got an ominous phone call from the
Senate Media Relations Committee. The Committee was acting on behalf
of Rand Paul and threatened both Abby and the entire RT news
organization.
The threats included ambiguous "charges" for violating
the rules of the Committee floor, Abby's possible arrest and the
termination of her and the entire office's press credentials.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osg0RYAP2cs&feature=player_embedded]Rand Paul Tries to Have Abby Martin Fired From RT For Daring To Ask Him Questions - YouTube[/ame]​

AFAIA, no charges have been filed against the journalist :eusa_think: What does that tell you?

Damn the repubs are learning, I can just imagine the outrage of another tactic being taken from democrats.

The Tea Party doesn't take siding w/ an Establishment Repub as being "conspiracy theory". Were they not established to eliminate this kind of corporate cronyism?

"Bilderberg puppet".

Dead giveaway of a conspiracy theorist.

Where is the proof that the complaint came from Rand?

As a libertarian I have no issue with the requirement for credentials. As public figures our elected officials deserve to be secure. This is necessary to perform their constitutionally mandated functions and there should be rules in place to protect them and f those rules are violated then the offender should be ejected. Let's face it there are some crazies out there. If there was some form of descrimination or if the rules weren't applied uniformly then that would be a different story.

I am not defending Rand either. I am not sure I trust him but I don't think all the facts are in about this either.

I choose not to define myself as a libertarian... I hold a great many libertarian beliefs as I'm sure some have noticed and who I promote for POTUS, and obviously the two I don't. I just like to keep my options open to allow myself to call stupid idea's stupid, regardless of who has them. Including but hardly limited to the Libertarian party.

With that said... Most of my actions support that I am a Libertarian. So if anyone wants to call me that, it's fine. I disagree... But it's all good. Just as if you want to think of me as an asshole, American ****, nice buy, stupid fuck, intelligent thinker, or whatever else... It all has the same value to me.

I support LibertyForAll's position in this thread and take the rest of my rant to another thread.

ummm.... they had credentials/news passes. :rolleyes: Thanks for proving you didn't view the vid

They had credentials? who did they blow for those?
What other "journalistic" acitivities have they done?
Your thread fails, because nothing happened, he ignored them......and they whined about it.....ignoring batshit crazy leftwingers makes them VERY VERY angry.....

I watched about halfway through that, and maybe there is something at the end that i missed, but I am sure someone will let me know if there was. There is one thing I would lie to note, for a reporter she fucking sucks. Yes, i saw her ask a question to rand paul that he did not answer. The only name I heard aside from some guy named mike was Rand paul. They spouted a bunch of positions, and supposedly where they were and what credentials they had to be there, but you are a fucking reporter and you don't say the exact names of who confronted you or have any crappy video of them doing it? I was tossed out of a mall once for having cat ears on and i made sure to get a tape of the person representing the mall giving their bullshit reason to toss me out. This woman is going before a bunch of intimidating people, and she is press. Why the fuck is there not a camera recording that? Why doesn't she have any names of people to support her claim? Are there any written documents, texts, or email she could show us? Any recorded phone calls? Seriously, you now you are going down to get intimidated and probably get the story of a lifetime and you don't at least wear some sort of audio recording device.

So we are supposed to take the word of these two nobodies that this all happened, and they have not even bothered to google the names of the representatives in the positions they claim were talking to them? The last time I saw some conspiracy bullshit this shitty was loose change. I could have made up this story, and I also could have gotten better footage of myself. Are we to believe that news reporters with access to the senate cannot put together a good video of them interviewing themselves? The video of the girl looks like it was recorded by a really shitty phone. They had a fucking camera, so they certainly could have recorded something good and newsworthy. A 80 dollar camera and a mid grade laptop could have done better than this.

Yeah, i think the Paul's are full of shit racist fascists playing up the states rights thing so they can bring back intollerance and hate without the fed interfering, but even I don't buy this. I don't know what the fuck that was, but I am not taking anything but those two suck away from this. That is just absurd and fucking stupid. I would say they need to grow the fuck up because this is not a high school production, but even the cheapest of high school productions would not have accepted that crap.

ummm.... they had credentials/news passes. :rolleyes: Thanks for proving you didn't view the vid

They had credentials? who did they blow for those?
What other "journalistic" acitivities have they done?
Your thread fails, because nothing happened, he ignored them......and they whined about it.....ignoring batshit crazy leftwingers makes them VERY VERY angry.....

Are they even left wingers? looks more to me like two people who want to manufacture some fame so they can get a real position. If that is true they are whores and will go for whoever gives them some money. That is not left or right wing, that is just being a whore. Look at their target. It is the family that gets ignored by the left and the right. Neither side lies the Pauls. It is a safe attack that won't offend either the left or the right power structure. They did not drop any other real names, so I have to imagine this is just them manufacturing an audition video to see who might pick them up.

Forum List

Back