Rand Paul - Libertarian?

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
“Libertarian” Rand Paul Supports Bill Forcing Federal Government to Arrest Marijuana Users

March 17, 2014

Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) claims to be a libertarian, but when it comes to big government intruding into states’ ability to regulate marijuana use, he’s all for it.

Paul supports legislation passed March 12 by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives called the Enforce the Law Act. The bill would allow Congress to sue the president for failing to faithfully execute laws.

<snip>

10001325_591505917604090_1297073315_n.jpg

Not even close. He is absolutely NOTHING like his father and never will be. I would be ashamed if I was Dr Paul and Rand was my son.

“Libertarian” Rand Paul Supports Bill Forcing Federal Government to Arrest Marijuana Users

March 17, 2014

Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) claims to be a libertarian, but when it comes to big government intruding into states’ ability to regulate marijuana use, he’s all for it.

Paul supports legislation passed March 12 by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives called the Enforce the Law Act. The bill would allow Congress to sue the president for failing to faithfully execute laws.

<snip>

States don’t have the ‘ability’ or ‘right’ to regulate marijuana use:

GONZALES V. RAICH

Consequently, Congress is authorized by the Commerce Clause to regulate local markets, regardless how small.

Otherwise, it’s amusing to see the effects of ODS on the GOP, where conservatives are in complete disarray, chasing their own tails. They’re so desperate to attack Obama that republicans are even willing to compromise their own dogma, and are completely blind to their hypocrisy.

Rand was never a libertarian. He is trying to exploit the right leaning people who have left the republicans behind because they are big government statists.

This should not surprise anyone. There really is no one that supports small government and freedom anymore. That is why democrats can and do pull just as many libertarian votes than republicans. If they continue to ignore what they stand for then the republicans are going to start losing their own constituents.

March 17, 2014

<snip>

States don’t have the ‘ability’ or ‘right’ to regulate marijuana use:

GONZALES V. RAICH

Consequently, Congress is authorized by the Commerce Clause to regulate local markets, regardless how small.

Otherwise, it’s amusing to see the effects of ODS on the GOP, where conservatives are in complete disarray, chasing their own tails. They’re so desperate to attack Obama that republicans are even willing to compromise their own dogma, and are completely blind to their hypocrisy.

as I read that, your assertion is incorrect. I think that case states local governments don't have the right to supersede the federal governments drug enforcement. Given that the feds are backing off, drug laws are going to default to the states. It would not surprise me in the least if the federal government ceases to try and control MJ within the next decade or so.

Not even close. He is absolutely NOTHING like his father and never will be. I would be ashamed if I was Dr Paul and Rand was my son.

You're probably right but even in Ron and Rand's home state...
Texas marijuana laws are almost as crazy as Texas politics but-----but Texans are pulling the wool from their eyes - a majority of Texans are in favor of legalizing weed.

Forum List

Back