Rand Paul: I was against earmarks before I was for them....

No, no, no. Rand Paul is now calling them "opportunities". Not earmarks. Do try to keep up.

Mea culpa. Often the spin makes me dizzy, and I err.
(is Rand Paul the guy whose medical practice derives its income from medicare payments?)

Well, by calling them "opportunitees", the GOP and especially a Tea Party backed candidate like Rand Paul, can say they have followed through on their promise to eliminate those pesky "earmarks". And if you continue to second guess Paul's sincereity by bringing up facts about where his medical practice gets the bulk of it's income from, you will be accused of deflecting....

Ain't it the truth?!?! Personally, I can't wait for someone to question his statement regarding the Civil Rights Movement and the laws that derived from them. Good times.

Isn't just amazing how the oathers/teabaggers/birthers/neocons/libertarians will bend over backwards and shove their own heads up their butts before acknowledging a painfully obvious flip-flop by one of their newly elected darlings?

Isn't it just amazing how some people will simply ignore the fact that the alleged flip-flop was debunked?

Proof please?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2955597-post23.html

I suppose clarification can also be a synonym for spin. But, giving the benefit of the doubt let's wait and see what advocation for his state produces.

Or it simply could be that the media and those who don't like him took something he said and spun it themselves, and it was necessary for him to clear up the "controversy."

Why not just wait till he's actually sworn in and casts some votes before viciously smearing the guy? It just looks like the Left loons are attacking just to attack. They're attacking the guy for things he hasn't even done yet. It also looks like they're just a bunch of bitter sore losers. He won and they lost and they just can't get over it. All that money the Democrats spent smearing the guy and he still won. Yea that's gotta hurt i guess. We'll see how Rand Paul votes after he's sworn in as Senator. Viciously attacking the guy before that just seems very dishonorable.

I suppose clarification can also be a synonym for spin. But, giving the benefit of the doubt let's wait and see what advocation for his state produces.

Or it simply could be that the media and those who don't like him took something he said and spun it themselves, and it was necessary for him to clear up the "controversy."

It matters not, as you suggested, we should and must all wait and see.
I remember well the Contract with America and all those brand new Republican's who entered Congress with promises not too dissimilar to those today.
Sometime a paraphrased cliche is appropriate: "Power tends to corrupt", those who believe power provides license become licentious.

Why not just wait till he's actually sworn in and casts some votes before viciously smearing the guy? It just looks like the Left loons are attacking just to attack. They're attacking the guy for things he hasn't even done yet. It also looks like they're just a bunch of bitter sore losers. He won and they lost and they just can't get over it. All that money the Democrats spent smearing the guy and he still won. Yea that's gotta hurt i guess. We'll see how Rand Paul votes after he's sworn in as Senator. Viciously attacking the guy before that just seems very dishonorable.

I suggest you look in a mirror, LibocalypseNow. Some remember your posts from years back. I truly wish MSNBC had archived the records; clear and convncing evidence of your hypocrisy would be fun to relive.

I suggest you look in a mirror, LibocalypseNow. Some remember your posts from years back. I truly wish MSNBC had archived the records; clear and convncing evidence of your hypocrisy would be fun to relive.

I attack polticians on their records. I attack their voting records. Rand Paul hasn't even been sworn in as Senator yet. He has never cast a single vote in Congress for God's sake. This is just Left loon attacking just to attack. The man doesn't even have a record to attack yet. These attacks are just stupid and dishonorable. When he votes,go ahead and attack away. I know the Left loons can't wait for that but at least wait till he is a Senator. SHEESH!

I attack polticians on their records. I attack their voting records. Rand Paul hasn't even been sworn in as Senator yet. He has never cast a single vote in Congress for God's sake. This is just Left loon attacking just to attack. The man doesn't even have a record to attack yet. These attacks are just stupid and dishonorable. When he votes,go ahead and attack away. I know the Left loons can't wait for that but at least wait till he is a Senator. SHEESH!

No, you said you were glad a woman got her head kicked when she was on the ground, by a man, simply because she worked for MM. You're a coward.

No, you said you were glad a woman got her head kicked when she was on the ground, by a man, simply because she worked for MM. You're a coward.

Fuck her and Moveon.org. I stand by that.

Fuck her and Moveon.org. I stand by that.

And most MEN, find that detestable. So take your phony standards, and shove them up your ass. Noone cares you have a boy crush on the Paul's.

Btw,you Left loonies really should go back and see what your fellow Democrats had to say about Earmarks in the past. So do us all a favor and go get your reality check. Just like your Hopey Changey being against raising Debt. Limits before he was for them. Go back and read some of his pompous speeches on opposing raising Debt. Limits. Check it out..If you dare.

Isn't it just amazing how some people will simply ignore the fact that the alleged flip-flop was debunked?

Proof please?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2955597-post23.html

Nothing was "debunked"....it was just Paul trying to weasel out of the FACT that he's NOW advocating being "open" to earmarks......remember, earmarks ARE in the STATES best interest. The chronology of the statements are his undoing.

You can wiggle, you can dance, but Rand Paul's BS will still stain your pants.

Spare us all this BS of yours.....Obama wasn't even in the Oval Office and folk like you were demonizing EVERY freaking word that came out of his mouth since he was a Senator. If you can't take it about your own candidates, then don't dish it out on others. What's burning your ass is the FACT that Paul is quoted, and his attempts to weasel out are just making him look more disingenuous. Personally, I can't WAIT for his responses to Civil Rights issues after he's sworn in.

After he was elected Paul was asked by Cristiane Amanpour whether he would stand by his pledge to not pass earmarks. Paul stated plainly, "No -- no more earkmarks." When pressed further as to whether he would seek earmarks for his own state Paul stated, "No. No."

The next day Paul was interviewed by The Wall Street Journal (who has also experienced a rift with Sarah Palin recently). In his interview Paul seemed to change his tune on earmarks. Paul stated that he could see himself actually "advocating for Kentucky's interest" through the budget committee as long as it was done out in the open. The phrase "advocating for my state's interest" is the most common defense of every politician when they try to pass earmarks. When Paul was asked by The Wall Street Journal reporter (concerning the subject of earmarks) whether he would describe himself as a "crazy libertarian" Paul responded by saying "Not that crazy."

Rand Paul was against earmarks, then he was for them, and now he is against them - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Rand Paul is AGAINST stuffing earmarks into the final stages of appropriation bills--in the Federal Government's policy of bribery and extortion--aka to buy ones vote. He wants earmarks to be voted on by their own merits--and he's not against earmarks in general.

But nice try LIB.

Spare us all this BS of yours.....Obama wasn't even in the Oval Office and folk like you were demonizing EVERY freaking word that came out of his mouth since he was a Senator. If you can't take it about your own candidates, then don't dish it out on others. What's burning your ass is the FACT that Paul is quoted, and his attempts to weasel out are just making him look more disingenuous. Personally, I can't WAIT for his responses to Civil Rights issues after he's sworn in.

These liberals are "freaking out"---:lol::lol: Got their butts kicked so bad 9 days ago--they're trying anything to stir the pot--:lol:

Rand Paul never once stated he was against "all" earmarks. What he is against is stuffing them into appropriation bills--at 3 a.m. in the morning to buy off a politicians vote.

Nothing was "debunked"....it was just Paul trying to weasel out of the FACT that he's NOW advocating being "open" to earmarks......remember, earmarks ARE in the STATES best interest. The chronology of the statements are his undoing.

So claiming on national television and releasing a press statement that he will not take part in the earmarking process is him now being "open" to earmarks? Which, by the way, he never actually said.

So claiming on national television and releasing a press statement that he will not take part in the earmarking process is him now being "open" to earmarks? Which, by the way, he never actually said.

Well here's one I really like. "I am going to do a line item look at the budget and cut out unnecessary spending" Who said that? Barack Obama--while he was signing off on 3 TRILLION dollars in the last 20 months--MORE than DOUBLE the cost of the Iraq/Afganistan wars combined.

$obama-lip-service.jpg

These liberals are "freaking out"---:lol::lol: Got their butts kicked so bad 9 days ago--they're trying anything to stir the pot--:lol:

Rand Paul never once stated he was against "all" earmarks. What he is against is stuffing them into appropriation bills--at 3 a.m. in the morning to buy off a politicians vote.

Bottom line: Rand Paul has already demonstrated his disengenuous stance on issues....was caught doing it publically and is now whirling like a dervish to appease everyone.

Interesting that you describe one of the very tactics that the GOP used throughout the Shrub years. Well toodles, Rand is a GOP member now, so let's see how he brings home the bacon to his state WITHOUT using the tactics his party is so famous for. And FYI, earmarks in appropriation bills are NOT illegal....please know WTF you're talking about. Paul is trying to split a hair in order to cover up his flip-flop.

Yeah, the Dems lost seats in the House....Good riddance to the Blue Dog's they replaced. And since the Senate is still in Dem hands and the President has veto power, the GOP "victory" has and ever so slight hollow ring to it. Carry on.

Well here's one I really like. "I am going to do a line item look at the budget and cut out unnecessary spending" Who said that? Barack Obama--while he was signing off on 3 TRILLION dollars in the last 20 months--MORE than DOUBLE the cost of the Iraq/Afganistan wars combined.

View attachment 12023

Let me dumb it down for you, chuckles. What Obama signed off on COVERS SEVERAL DECADES. The cost of Iraq/Afghanistan was kept OFF THE BOOKS by the Shrub....Obama INHERITED that mess when he did the right thing and included it in the budget. The money he signed off on is to save this countries financial ass...like he did with the auto industry.

Next time chuckles, think it through and get your facts straight before you type....makes you look less of a willfully ignorant neocon parrot.

Forum List

Back