Rand Paul: I was against earmarks before I was for them....

I'll wait to see how he votes.

Libs are trying to desperately make some post election hay, interpreting comments...:eusa_hand:

I suppose they need something to keep themselves busy as their Titanic Sinks.

re-arranging deck chairs never keeps one busy for long ......

:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

You'll cause them to riot. These people have just experienced the most massive rejection of a political ideaology in DECADES.

:eusa_hand:

Please, let them amuse themselves with hypotheticals.

Here, I'll help:

"It was Bush's Fault."

****Now watch how happy they become****

opps sorry man, forgot.

...sorta like yelling Blucher!! to the horses, they bolt......Thorazine appears to be in short t supply today by the looks of the forum.

re-arranging deck chairs never keeps one busy for long ......

You'll cause them to riot. These people have just experienced the most massive rejection of a political ideaology in DECADES.

Here, I'll help:

"It was Bush's Fault."

opps sorry man, forgot.

...sorta like yelling Blucher!! to the horses, they bolt......Thorazine appears to be in short t supply today by the looks of the forum.

Yeah, well, fortunately they're easily amused......

watch:

"Sarah Palin is Smarter than Nancy Pelosi!!"

:eusa_angel:

No where did he say anything about being suddenly for earmarks, and he later clarified that his position is still against them.

Are you new to politics? Do you NOT understand what "advocating for Kentucky's interest" means in politics?

Paul stated that he could see himself actually "advocating for Kentucky's interest" through the budget committee as long as it was done out in the open. The phrase "advocating for my state's interest" is the most common defense of every politician when they try to pass earmarks.

[youtube]QtdeODv4TzQ[/youtube]

Senator-Elect Rand Paul today released the following statement.

“The American People are tired of politics as usual and are demanding fundamental reform that ends the overspending and rampant political patronage we see throughout Washington.

“As part of my commitment to this effort, I will not submit Earmarks and will vote against all Earmarks. Also, one of the first pieces of Legislation I introduce will be a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution. Since there have been erroneous media reports on the subject in recent days, I wanted to be sure to correct the record. I will never Earmark. Period.

Rand Paul Urges Senate GOP to Ban Earmarks and Push for Balanced Budget Amendment

Again, no where did he say that he was suddenly in support of earmarks, and he later clarified that he is still not in favor of earmarks as I have now shown.

No where did he say anything about being suddenly for earmarks, and he later clarified that his position is still against them.

Are you new to politics? Do you NOT understand what "advocating for Kentucky's interest" means in politics?

[youtube]QtdeODv4TzQ[/youtube]

Senator-Elect Rand Paul today released the following statement.

“The American People are tired of politics as usual and are demanding fundamental reform that ends the overspending and rampant political patronage we see throughout Washington.

“As part of my commitment to this effort, I will not submit Earmarks and will vote against all Earmarks. Also, one of the first pieces of Legislation I introduce will be a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution. Since there have been erroneous media reports on the subject in recent days, I wanted to be sure to correct the record. I will never Earmark. Period.

Rand Paul Urges Senate GOP to Ban Earmarks and Push for Balanced Budget Amendment

Again, no where did he say that he was suddenly in support of earmarks, and he later clarified that he is still not in favor of earmarks as I have now shown.

Fair enough. These are his new, new words and until he proves us wrong, I will let this go.

Earmarks can also be tax cuts worded in such a way as to only apply to one corporation or line of business.
The specific cuts will of course not name that business, but can only be applied to that business due to the specific wording of the cut.
Congress was good at this in the 80's.

You will not hear of this on Beck though.

After he was elected Paul was asked by Cristiane Amanpour whether he would stand by his pledge to not pass earmarks. Paul stated plainly, "No -- no more earkmarks." When pressed further as to whether he would seek earmarks for his own state Paul stated, "No. No."

The next day Paul was interviewed by The Wall Street Journal (who has also experienced a rift with Sarah Palin recently). In his interview Paul seemed to change his tune on earmarks. Paul stated that he could see himself actually "advocating for Kentucky's interest" through the budget committee as long as it was done out in the open. The phrase "advocating for my state's interest" is the most common defense of every politician when they try to pass earmarks. When Paul was asked by The Wall Street Journal reporter (concerning the subject of earmarks) whether he would describe himself as a "crazy libertarian" Paul responded by saying "Not that crazy."

Rand Paul was against earmarks, then he was for them, and now he is against them - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

If you have to lie could you at least make it convincing?
Thread fail.

I don't think any of you , so far have an idea what really, 'earmarks' are, how they are organized, funded etc....IF so, I think you'd re read what Rand said and realize he is exactly right.

Traj, you can expect lefties to read. Or think. Please don't expect them to do both at the same time. They're not good at multi-tasking.

Isn't it interesting that every time some high profile Republican emerges teh Left is ready with stories, real or imagined, about some hypocrisy or misdeed. That was true about Scott Brown. It was true about Bobby Jindal. It's true about Rand Paul. It's true about Sarah Palin. It's true about all of them.

Isn't it interesting that every time some high profile Republican emerges teh Left is ready with stories, real or imagined, about some hypocrisy or misdeed. That was true about Scott Brown. It was true about Bobby Jindal. It's true about Rand Paul. It's true about Sarah Palin. It's true about all of them.

Is Obama an American?

Here, I'll help:

"It was Bush's Fault."

opps sorry man, forgot.

Yeah, well, fortunately they're easily amused......

watch:

"Sarah Palin is Smarter than Nancy Pelosi!!"

:eusa_angel:

*uc me it works:cool:....let me try-

"Bush was smarter than Obama becasue he won his first 2 mid terms...!!!"

Is Obama an American?

Is Piyush Jindal? I have yet to see his birth certificate. What is he hiding?

Campaign is over. He won,you lost. Your petty smears mean nothing now. We'll see how he votes if Earmark Legislation is presented. Till then,you're just stuck in Smear-Mode. It's over. He has won. Call him Senator Rand Paul from now on. Woo Hoo! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Is Obama an American?

Is Piyush Jindal? I have yet to see his birth certificate. What is he hiding?

:lol::lol::lol:

So predictable

troll-dissection1.jpg

Rand Paul is the new Senator from Kentucky. So he's a Winner while you're a Loser. Your smears just don't mean anything anymore. Democrats like this OP are still stuck in Smear-Mode. They're not accepting reality i guess. Senator Rand Paul is here to stay. Time for them to move on.

Nice deflection. Now answer the question, Sparky.

Unless he's running for President, it's not material.

You guys probably need to concentrate on not creating any additional politcal disasters.

So, you people can go after Obama even AFTER he has shown his birth certificate, and yet you give a possible terrorist named Piyush a pass because he only runs a state? REALLY?

Nice deflection. Now answer the question, Sparky.

You guys probably need to concentrate on not creating any additional politcal disasters.

So, you people can go after Obama even AFTER he has shown his birth certificate, and yet you give a possible terrorist named Piyush a pass because he only runs a state? REALLY?
As stated, Jindal is not running for president.

Do you hate him because his parents are immigrants or because he has dark skin?

As stated, Jindal is not running for president.

Do you hate him because his parents are immigrants or because he has dark skin?

I think they hate the fact that they've been in the driver's seat for two years, the economy is still in the ditch, and Nancy and Harry all passed out shovels to dig us deeper.

I look forward to Republicans taking this issue on. It's about time. I'm pretty sure Senator Rand Paul will do the right thing if presented with Earmark Legislation. It just doesn't seem right to bash the guy before he's even sworn in as Senator. At least wait till January to start bashing the guy. It would also be fair to just wait till Earmark Legislation is presented and voted on before bashing the guy. I take a wait & see approach. You should too.

Forum List

Back