Rand Paul: I was against earmarks before I was for them....

Is Obama an American?

Is Piyush Jindal? I have yet to see his birth certificate. What is he hiding?

:lol::lol::lol:

So predictable

troll-dissection1.jpg

You realize that if the picture was of an Elephant and the kneejerk reaction was "Communist," the picture would describe Republicans just as much, right?

Not to say it's everyone or singling you out, Samson, but it's such a problem with this board. It is impossible to have any sort of civil discussion. The second someone says "LEFTISTS can't read" or "conservatives always LIE" or some such drivel about "libTURDs" and "conservaTARDs" you pretty much know that the discussion is dead and any conversation devolves into who can think of cleverer insults or post the funnier picture ridiculing the other side. No wonder Washington is "broken" and the media is so tremendously yellow.

It lends credence to the adage "People get the government they deserve."

Some are just being petty. The man hasn't even been sworn in yet. They're ripping the guy for things they think he's going to do in the future and that just seems pretty shallow & petty. Wait till he's in there and actually votes on Earmark Legislation before attacking him on it. Think about it.

Rand Paul is a fraud.

I liked also that he essentially said he was going to vote against raising the debt ceiling because he knew it was going to pass anyway.

Rand Paul is a fraud.

I liked also that he essentially said he was going to vote against raising the debt ceiling because he knew it was going to pass anyway.

The man hasn't even cast a single vote in Congress yet and you guys are already attacking him? Man,that just seems very shallow & petty. You guys viciously smeared the guy but he still won. Now it just looks you guys haven't gotten over that fact. You're stuck in Smear-Mode for sure. The Election is over. The man won. It's time for you guys to get over it. At least wait till he casts a vote before smearing him some more. Just a suggestion anyway. SHEESH!

How in the hell did this fool get elected??? Not only is he stupid, he is so pompous and arrogant!! I'd love to hurl all over him.

Why are earmarks a curse word? When did it happen that doing good things in one's state is bad thing? We could argue that preservation or museums or bridges may or may not be a priority today, but consider the enjoyment of art, open roads, and getting home safely can sometimes be good things. Plus they help Americans and help Americans work.

I do realize Rand's libertarianism is the source of his silliness, but wait till some bridge falls down, you think he'll have a Bake Sale for repair? Like so many topics today, earmark bashing is nothing more than diversionary nonsense. Time politicians just did some needed things and didn't talk nonsense.

"....If Marxism is the delusion that one can run society purely on altruism and collectivism, then libertarianism is the mirror-image delusion that one can run it purely on selfishness and individualism. Society in fact requires both individualism and collectivism, both selfishness and altruism, to function. Like Marxism, libertarianism offers the fraudulent intellectual security of a complete a priori account of the political good without the effort of empirical investigation. Like Marxism, it aspires, overtly or covertly, to reduce social life to economics. And like Marxism, it has its historical myths and a genius for making its followers feel like an elect unbound by the moral rules of their society." Robert Locke The American Conservative -- Marxism of the Right

Last edited:
Good to see the Republicans addressing the Earmark issue. I think we can all agree on that no? I'm sure Rand Paul will do the right thing when or if presented with Earmark Legislation.

Good to see the Republicans addressing the Earmark issue. I think we can all agree on that no? I'm sure Rand Paul will do the right thing when or if presented with Earmark Legislation.

Didn't Pelosi pledge to reform earmarks back in 06? Shouldn't this be a bipartisan issue then with agreement on both sides?

Didn't Pelosi pledge to reform earmarks back in 06? Shouldn't this be a bipartisan issue then with agreement on both sides?

lol! Naw that was only when DA BOOOOOOOSH was in there. Don't count on Bi-Partisanship. Pelosi is a heinous mutant. Nuff said.

Rand Paul is a fraud.

The man hasn't even cast a single vote in Congress yet and you guys are already attacking him? Man,that just seems very shallow & petty. You guys viciously smeared the guy but he still won. Now it just looks you guys haven't gotten over that fact. You're stuck in Smear-Mode for sure. The Election is over. The man won. It's time for you guys to get over it. At least wait till he casts a vote before smearing him some more. Just a suggestion anyway. SHEESH!

Ah yes, a call for restraint from USMB's number 1 defender of the Rand Paul Brownshirt who stomped on the little girl's head.

Irony.

Isn't just amazing how the oathers/teabaggers/birthers/neocons/libertarians will bend over backwards and shove their own heads up their butts before acknowledging a painfully obvious flip-flop by one of their newly elected darlings?

Isn't just amazing how the oathers/teabaggers/birthers/neocons/libertarians will bend over backwards and shove their own heads up their butts before acknowledging a painfully obvious flip-flop by one of their newly elected darlings?

Isn't it just amazing how some people will simply ignore the fact that the alleged flip-flop was debunked?

Isn't it just amazing how some people will simply ignore the fact that the alleged flip-flop was debunked?

"deunked"? In his own words he seemed to imply he would accept funding for projects in his state. That's the rub, an earmark is something which goes to another, the same project in ones' own state is a need.
Earmarks are simply one more canard used to obfuscate real debate.

"deunked"? In his own words he seemed to imply he would accept funding for projects in his state. That's the rub, an earmark is something which goes to another, the same project in ones' own state is a need.

No, no, no. Rand Paul is now calling them "opportunities". Not earmarks. Do try to keep up.

No, no, no. Rand Paul is now calling them "opportunities". Not earmarks. Do try to keep up.

Mea culpa. Often the spin makes me dizzy, and I err.
(is Rand Paul the guy whose medical practice derives its income from medicare payments?)

Forum List

Back