Rahm's 'rent' is just the tip of ethics iceberg

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
NEWS broke last week that Rahm Emanuel, now White House chief of staff, lived rent- free for years in the home of Rep. Rosa De Lauro (D-Conn.) - and failed to disclose the gift, as congressional ethics rules mandate. But this is only the tip of Emanuel's previously undislosed ethics problems.

One issue is the work Emanuel tossed the way of De Lauro's husband. But the bigger one goes back to Emanuel's days on the board of now-bankrupt mortgage giant Freddie Mac.

RAHM'S 'RENT' IS JUST THE TIP OF ETHICS ICEBERG - New York Post

NEWS broke last week that Rahm Emanuel, now White House chief of staff, lived rent- free for years in the home of Rep. Rosa De Lauro (D-Conn.) - and failed to disclose the gift, as congressional ethics rules mandate. But this is only the tip of Emanuel's previously undislosed ethics problems.

One issue is the work Emanuel tossed the way of De Lauro's husband. But the bigger one goes back to Emanuel's days on the board of now-bankrupt mortgage giant Freddie Mac.

RAHM'S 'RENT' IS JUST THE TIP OF ETHICS ICEBERG - New York Post

Great find - I missed it.

This administration, barely past its first month in office, continues to astound with its track record of abuse and corruption.

Yah, like the last one was a bunch of angels.:lol:

I will wait and see what happens.

I must apologize in advance, but your reply is simply asinine.

Wait and see....? For what? Clearly the current administration has serious issues regarding tax fraud.

And to again utilize the tired excuse that if one administration had issues, that seeming fact makes the following administration's own issues excusable?

Yah, like the last one was a bunch of angels.:lol:

I will wait and see what happens.

I must apologize in advance, but your reply is simply asinine.

Wait and see....? For what? Clearly the current administration has serious issues regarding tax fraud.

And to again utilize the tired excuse that if one administration had issues, that seeming fact makes the following administration's own issues excusable?

i think what we are all seeing is that politicians, no matter what their party,are all the same,a bunch of crooks,liars and cheaters.....Obama is realizing that to find a guy who is not one of the 3....IS PRETTY DAM HARD....

Forum List

Back