Akin Is Just the Tip of the Iceberg When It Comes to Right Wing Whacko-Ism

Anti abortion is part of the war on women. Sex selection abortion to murder the girls isn't a war on women.

Got it.

man oh man, what garbage

from the .....opinionator.blogs.

that's all folks

When you are done with the ad hominem, would you care to address the SUBSTANCE of the OP?

not worthy to address...just the same ole same ole spewed about people who are Republicans..

absolute bullshit

Thank you for your critical and well thought out comments. Such a contribution to this thread and to USMB in general.

Ignorance of science is a problem not exclusive to any side of the isle.

Fear of Nuclear power, genetic engineering, and food irradiation are mostly found on the left side of the isle. They are advocates of embryonic stem cell research without knowing that it isn't necessary, they push alternative energy sources wronglythinking that throwing money at science actually advances it. They are by far more likely to believe in homeopathic, herbal, and psychic medicine.

They promote the idea that CO2 is a harmfull polutant without having enough knowledge to know that the human lungs have enough CO2 in them to kill people if you take their standard and believe their bull shit.

The idiot from Missouri is just that, an idiot, but for partisan hacks like the OP to build a whole strawman argument shows clearly that ignorance isn't the exclusive to one side of the other.

When you are done with the ad hominem, would you care to address the SUBSTANCE of the OP?

not worthy to address...just the same ole same ole spewed about people who are Republicans..

absolute bullshit

Thank you for your critical and well thought out comments. Such a contribution to this thread and to USMB in general.

oh well, what you posted was garbage from some blog..
and you think people are suppose to take it as some truth or something..

I'd watch with the anti-vaccine junk science, some on the left of the aisle are true believers in that crap.

Then that would make them uninformed (to be charitable).

Betcha more on the Right buy into it than on the Left, however.

The vaccine thing is more new-agy anti-science, which is more lefty. You can call out the right on some things, but the left is in on the vaccine thing too.

For disclosure I'm not sold on Global warming as something worse than normal climatic change. What I do oppose is the typical statist response to it, which is "give the government more control of our lives."

As for creationism, I dont see the harm in it. Beleving in a 10,000 year old earth doesnt make you a bad driver, a homicidal maniac, or a poor manager/politician/doctor/lawyer etc, so it really doesnt bother me.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely fucking amazing. Don't see the harm in believing something that is patently false.
Hey, does Santa Claus come to your house? The Easter Bunny? You got a talking horse?

I like the idea. Believe what you want, it don't matter anyway. It won't make you a bad driver? wtf?

It appears that Akins did the left a favor with his unfortunate use of the word legitimate. What he meant of course was rape, not consensual sex. Whether what he said about a woman's body is true or not is up for debate.

The left needs distractions this election and this provided the means. Yes, the conservatives have ALWAYS supported a pro-life stance it isn't nothing new. As have Republicans supported EVERY civil rights act since the Civil War, unlike democrats. It is the left that has been moving into the far fringe areas. Soon it will be OK to abort children right after birth if the mother so decides. After all the argument we get from the left is that a person isn't a person until they take a breath. So what is that based on, the liberal religion? What is the difference between a 1 minute old child and one 1 minute before birth? Absolutely nothing.

Planned Parenthood and the whole of the abortion industry was started for one reason, to thin the weeds. It is history that the left should not be able to hide from.

Last edited:

The vaccine thing is more new-agy anti-science, which is more lefty. You can call out the right on some things, but the left is in on the vaccine thing too.

For disclosure I'm not sold on Global warming as something worse than normal climatic change. What I do oppose is the typical statist response to it, which is "give the government more control of our lives."

As for creationism, I dont see the harm in it. Beleving in a 10,000 year old earth doesnt make you a bad driver, a homicidal maniac, or a poor manager/politician/doctor/lawyer etc, so it really doesnt bother me.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely fucking amazing. Don't see the harm in believing something that is patently false.
Hey, does Santa Claus come to your house? The Easter Bunny? You got a talking horse?

I like the idea. Believe what you want, it don't matter anyway. It won't make you a bad driver? wtf?

Some think that patently believing in evolution is wrong. Considering that we have no real way of making life from non life then one would think evolution to be not proven correct. Sure some experiments may have come close to creating what appears to be life but that "life" was not created without intelligent intervention. IF a person wishes to believe that through random chance the apparently impossible started then fine go with it. But I have no problem considering the idea that perhaps life on Earth originated from somewhere else. Life coming to Earth would be the cause of life on Earth and for that to be true I don't need to know the cause of the cause.

Fear of Nuclear power, genetic engineering, and food irradiation are mostly found on the left side of the isle. They are advocates of embryonic stem cell research without knowing that it isn't necessary, they push alternative energy sources wronglythinking that throwing money at science actually advances it. They are by far more likely to believe in homeopathic, herbal, and psychic medicine.

They promote the idea that CO2 is a harmfull polutant without having enough knowledge to know that the human lungs have enough CO2 in them to kill people if you take their standard and believe their bull shit.
The idiot from Missouri is just that, an idiot, but for partisan hacks like the OP to build a whole strawman argument shows clearly that ignorance isn't the exclusive to one side of the other.

Hey Bruce, fill your lungs with nothing but CO2 for a day or so. Get back to us and let us know how it went.

And Bruce. That nukeular energy you seem so fond of. You know who developed that energy source? The hated guvmint did Bruce. By spending a lot of money and time and expertise on the project. The Manhattan project I think it was called. Look it up. See if the guvmint funded that science. Did the money spent actually advance the science Bruce. YOu say it didn't. I say it did. Same thing with electronics. Guvmint spent big on the science of transistors and look where we are today. How about sonar. Guvmint funded science.
Trip to the moon? Mars?

You sure spending guvmint money doesn't advance scienctific research?

Some think that patently believing in evolution is wrong. Considering that we have no real way of making life from non life then one would think evolution to be not proven correct. Sure some experiments may have come close to creating what appears to be life but that "life" was not created without intelligent intervention. IF a person wishes to believe that through random chance the apparently impossible started then fine go with it. But I have no problem considering the idea that perhaps life on Earth originated from somewhere else. Life coming to Earth would be the cause of life on Earth and for that to be true I don't need to know the cause of the cause.

Are you sure of that? I mean when a womans body releases an egg (by itself), there is no life. When a mans body releases sperm by itself, there is no life. When the two events are put together, guess what, a life begins.

The topic was ignoring the science of the history of the world in favor of the history of the world as written in the Bible. Science has the advantage of presenting theories and then trying to prove or disprove them. Bible belief is based solely on the story. No proof necessary, therefore no way to advance the idea on anything other than belief.

See the difference?

Hey Bruce, fill your lungs with nothing but CO2 for a day or so. Get back to us and let us know how it went.

And Bruce. That nukeular energy you seem so fond of. You know who developed that energy source? The hated guvmint did Bruce. By spending a lot of money and time and expertise on the project. The Manhattan project I think it was called. Look it up. See if the guvmint funded that science. Did the money spent actually advance the science Bruce. YOu say it didn't. I say it did. Same thing with electronics. Guvmint spent big on the science of transistors and look where we are today. How about sonar. Guvmint funded science.
Trip to the moon? Mars?

Hey moron, there already is a large portion of CO2 in my lungs and yours. Enough CO2 to qualify as dangerous levels according to the lefties and the EPA.

The Manhattan Project was the atomic bomb dropped on Japan you dolt.

And it was Japan that advanced transistors while the US was still using tubes.

Thanks for showing up and volunteering yourself as an example of left wing ignorance of science.

:lmao:

Oh and logic is a science too. You are obviously devoid of that as well.

Scientific advances do cost money but that doesn't logically mean the all we need to get alternative energy going is to flood it with taxpayer dollars.

Again, thanks for proving my point.

The problem is that when you left wing morons try to paint conservatives with that broad brush of yours, you always end up getting paint all over yourselves. It's hilarious.

Last edited:
Our founders were somewhat afraid of a pure democracy. Their belief, at the time, was that the not-so-rich would soon vote themselves all the largess or goodies.
In a way, however, the opposite seems to have happened. In our representative democracy many of the not-so-rich today vote to give the wealthy more benefits and lower their taxes, while voting to raise their own taxes, and lowering their own benefits, to accomomplish the deed.
How could this happen? The rich discovered that one use of their wealth could be used, to convince the not-so-rich that it was the right thing to do. Billions of dollars go into this endeavor.
Does it work? Look at some of these posts.

Where would the hypocrite left be without the tax exempt left wing propaganda network that never sleeps, Media Matters. The entire left feigns outrage about a cherry picked ...statement..by republicans while ignoring a dead girl in a senator's car, a democrat congressman who's apartment was used for a male prostitution ring and a president who escaped indictment for 1st degree rape because the statute of limitations expired. Didn't democrat congressman Gary Studds receive a standing ovation from fellow democrats when he returned to congress after a forced vacation for the statutory rape of a male page? Oh, yeah the son of the senator with the dead girl in his car ran into the Pentagon while driving DUI after he graduated from rehab. It must be nice running for office as a member of the party of no family values.

First, learn to use the quote function. A belief in evolution has not made you able to do that simple task.

Second, since we were not there for this, we have very good evidence, but only evidence that thier position is not true. Unless you were there to see it, its still a theory, a very very strong theory but still a theory.

It is far different than dropping a ball in front of someone, and having them say the ball didnt drop, but is still suspended in mid-air. That is a very false statement. Anything not observed can be questioned, but only to a certain degree.

Forum List

Back