Racist Trolls Shed White Tears Over Old Navy Ad

Meh. If the queer shit on a show gets too pushy I just turn the damn channel.

I have noticed quite a bit of the white male/non-white female couple thing being pushed a lot in commercials and shows. Whatever. Doesn't affect me one way or the other.
I noticed that too. While I don't particularly care, it's now coming across as really forced and phony. While there are interracial couples, it's not ALL of them and that's what commercials are doing.

I agree and will go further. I'm an old guy and vividly remember laughing heartily at each "I Love Lucy" episode. .....

You weren't 'outraged' at the interracial couple? Didn't they 'check a box' there?

Outraged, offended? Certainly not. I think they are a childish and stupid. They reek of Progressive, political correctness where it is an atrocity if anyone's feelings are bruised.

In the late '70's I had been a Realtor for about four or five years. I had sold a house to the new Lt. Commander for the Navy ROTC at Florida A & M University, a Historically Black College. The new commander was white. He referred a new Lt. and his wife to me. They were a mixed couple, which was fairly unusual at the time. They bought a house in a virtually all-white neighborhood. He referred several other customers to me before he was transferred out of Tallahassee. One person, he referred to me was black and he bought a house from another agent. The Commander had a promotion party a couple years later and invited me along with the builder who had built his house. The black couplrle who had bought from another Realtor was there and came up to me. He apologized for having bought from another agent. He had wanted to work with a black agent. Perfectly fine with me. He went on that the other agent, the black agent, had only shown them houses in black neighborhoods and he had talked to others at their facility and I had shown and sold houses all over Tallahassee. They had bought in a black neighborhood. They asked if I would list it for them when they moved.

I have no clue why I seem to have very few prejudices regarding race or color. It never came up in my house. All my relatives and friends were white, white, white. All my relatives were first or second generation immigrants from Norway and Denmark. I never met a black person until I was about 9 or 10 and we had moved to Miami. I still went to all white schools. When I graduated from high school, the school had a graduating class of about 500, none was black although there were TWO in our entire school. We were "integrated". The area still had colored and white drinking fountains. Doctors had colored and white waiting rooms.

We have come LIGHT YEARS from those days and people who do not understand or accept that FACT are either ignorant or stupid.

If anyone wants to attend Harvard, FAMU, or FSU I don't care. If you want anything to count toward your admission, aside from your ability and accomplishments, yeah, I got a problem.

Meh. If the queer shit on a show gets too pushy I just turn the damn channel.

I have noticed quite a bit of the white male/non-white female couple thing being pushed a lot in commercials and shows. Whatever. Doesn't affect me one way or the other.
I noticed that too. While I don't particularly care, it's now coming across as really forced and phony. While there are interracial couples, it's not ALL of them and that's what commercials are doing.

I agree and will go further. I'm an old guy and vividly remember laughing heartily at each "I Love Lucy" episode. .....

You weren't 'outraged' at the interracial couple? Didn't they 'check a box' there?

Outraged, offended? Certainly not. I think they are a childish and stupid. They reek of Progressive, political correctness where it is an atrocity if anyone's feelings are bruised......

I Love Lucy was politically correct?

Forum List

Back