Racist garbage in the main political forums....

Putting someone on ignore isn't a solution - not that a solution exists. But airing ones grievance, and this thread seems a good place - may (MAY) provide some of the most egregious some insight into how they are perceived; granted, some are too stupid to ever engage in introspection.

My greatest annoyance are those who continue to post the same lie, sans evidence, no matter how many others have called them out. Serial posters who post a single photograph years old as if it has any relevance whatsoever, and those who post opinions without examples yet demand proof from others on matters clearly within the public domain.

If it is unrelated to the topic, I say delete the post. If it is, I guess we just have to tolerate it. Certainly one of the top five reasons the site is used less.
People avoid this board because of the rampant racism that is tolerated by the admin.
This isn't the Democratic Underground.

If you feel you can survive a week there please feel free to go there.

I want to hear it all and perhaps change some attitudes.

Putting someone on ignore isn't a solution - not that a solution exists. But airing ones grievance, and this thread seems a good place - may (MAY) provide some of the most egregious some insight into how they are perceived; granted, some are too stupid to ever engage in introspection.

My greatest annoyance are those who continue to post the same lie, sans evidence, no matter how many others have called them out. Serial posters who post a single photograph years old as if it has any relevance whatsoever, and those who post opinions without examples yet demand proof from others on matters clearly within the public domain.

The ignore function is a great tool. If you can't see it it won't offend. Eventually the perpetrator leaves because they can't piss you off anymore.

Last time I let racist nitwits get to me was vacationing in Florida seeing some skinheads on the beach. Coast Guard base near by I walked onto and in my former Naval tone of voice informed some Coasties about the crap they have on their beach and should go clean up. Didn't specify human crap, just crap. :) Soothed my soul a bit.
As a former Coastie I'd say you are full of shit. Naval tone? LOL. If it wasn't fenced off it wasn't their beach.

The op and most of the people whining in this thread need a

Tissue-Cry-baby.jpg

Not at all -- they DON'T want that stuff running amok in the forums that are public -- the race relations forum is blocked from non-members, much like the FZ.
The racist shit is unfortunate and I do see it too much. Discussing race relations is one thing but insulting a race is pathetic.

Last time I let racist nitwits get to me was vacationing in Florida seeing some skinheads on the beach. Coast Guard base near by I walked onto and in my former Naval tone of voice informed some Coasties about the crap they have on their beach and should go clean up. Didn't specify human crap, just crap. :) Soothed my soul a bit.

Seems to me you were the one showing your bad manners, not them.

Not at all -- they DON'T want that stuff running amok in the forums that are public -- the race relations forum is blocked from non-members, much like the FZ.
The racist shit is unfortunate and I do see it too much. Discussing race relations is one thing but insulting a race is pathetic.

A constructive discussion of race is one of the toughest to accomplish primarily because of the nature of the topic.

It's difficult because debate can't overrule years of stereotypes and personal experiences.

A constructive discussion of race is one of the toughest to accomplish primarily because of the nature of the topic.

It's difficult because debate can't overrule years of stereotypes and personal experiences.

I'm not really interested in discussing the topic, that's the point.

I do not care to take on a bunch of stupid racists. They can think what they want -- even have their say.

I just don't want it to be forefront of all issues because this place has become a haven for screwballs.

It shouldn't even be a debate. People create their own drama and then get all worked up over the drama.

I'm not really interested in discussing the topic, that's the point.

I do not care to take on a bunch of stupid racists. They can think what they want -- even have their say.

Then stay away from the topic or use ignore.

What occurs on the threads where the virulent racists do their thing is anything but a contructive discussion of race or anything like a reasonable debate. They spew racist ranting endlessly as a taunt, not as any attempt at reason or discussion.

The ignore function is a great tool. If you can't see it it won't offend. Eventually the perpetrator leaves because they can't piss you off anymore.

I don't get pissed off often, mostly I'm embarrassed. Knowing anywhere in the world the crap posted - racism, covert and overt; bigotry; hate and fear; abject foolishness; history rewritten and the lies, half-truths, falderal and nostrum - which reflect poorly on all Americans.

What occurs on the threads where the virulent racists do their thing is anything but a contructive discussion of race or anything like a reasonable debate. They spew racist ranting endlessly as a taunt, not as any attempt at reason or discussion.
Correct. The goal is to get a rise

I like when you post pretty pictures on my threads, so why would I ignore you?

I don't get pissed off often, mostly I'm embarrassed. Knowing anywhere in the world the crap posted - racism, covert and overt; bigotry; hate and fear; abject foolishness; history rewritten and the lies, half-truths, falderal and nostrum - which reflect poorly on all Americans.

Trust me, I've seen worse.
Most Americans are sociable in comparison.

Forum List

Back