Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro

amity1844

Jun 1, 2014
CULTURE WARS

I posted this video earlier on another thread and it got buried without comment.
I think that was likely because of Shabbat. Those who might have wanted to comment were offline.

So with Shabbat now nearly at an end I want to ask Jews to hear Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro out. His topic is Israeli proposals to conscript yeshiva students. I did a search on his name, and his only subject is theology, kabala apparently, and this is his only foray into politics, so he can hardly be called a gratuitous Israel basher.

To me this man is so right. The essence of Judaism is TORAH STUDY, and ultimately Zionism will obliterate Jewish consciousness as it has existed for thousands of years. Rabbi Shapiro is so brilliant, so right, this made me cry.

I would be so glad to have thoughtful comment on this film:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3SJYRkI2hM]Clearly explained why Orthodox Jews refuse to serve in IDF - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I posted this video earlier on another thread and it got buried without comment.
I think that was likely because of Shabbat. Those who might have wanted to comment were offline.

So with Shabbat now nearly at an end I want to ask Jews to hear Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro out. His topic is Israeli proposals to conscript yeshiva students. I did a search on his name, and his only subject is theology, kabala apparently, and this is his only foray into politics, so he can hardly be called a gratuitous Israel basher.

To me this man is so right. The essence of Judaism is TORAH STUDY, and ultimately Zionism will obliterate Jewish consciousness as it has existed for thousands of years. Rabbi Shapiro is so brilliant, so right, this made me cry.

Clearly explained why Orthodox Jews refuse to serve in IDF - YouTube

I am laughing because Amity probably never met a Rabbi in her life, but certain Rabbis are so popular on the NeoNazi/Islamofascist hate sites. Meanwhile, whatever this Rabbi is saying, the majority of Rabbis in the world would have a fun time disagreeing with him. However, the hate sites would never feature the Rabbis who disagree with this guy.

Do you even know what he is saying?

Do you understand what he is saying?

How does his message fit in with neo Nazi or Islamic thought? What benefit could they derive from him? Apparently he has never even spoke out politically before, and certainly this message would not pertain.

How does his message fit in with neo Nazi or Islamic thought? What benefit could they derive from him? Apparently he has never even spoke out politically before, and certainly this message would not pertain.

Give it a rest. You know you are not acquainted with any Rabbis, especially in the small town in which you must live. If you lived in a decent sized town, a young woman your age woul not have spent all Saturday night on a forum, unless of course she was not allowed out of the house to have any fun once she converted to Islam.. Want to hear something amusing, folks. Years ago there was a Jewish poster who happened to live in an area where these Satmar Jews live.. At the time there was also a Canadian Neo Nazi posting. The Canadian Neo Nazi would go on and on that the man living amongst this Satmar asked the Neo Nazi if he was a Satmar. I guess the NeoNazi and the Satmar soundrf very similar to this Jewish man.

#40 (permalink) Add to MHunterB's Reputation Report Post Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
MHunterB MHunterB is invisible
Marg
Member #37709 Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanked 3,688 Times in 2,560 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

NK are NOT 'Orthodox' Jews: they are not part of the Orthodox movement of Judaism.

They are one tiny (?5,000) subset of Haredim. And in refusing to give service to the Jewish nation they are basically heretical - for ever since Sinai it's been 'Na'aseh v'nishma': Judaism & Jewish Life - My Jewish Learning Hearing/studying the Torah is not good enough.

They also are going against Hillel's words: "If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? If I am for myself alone, what am I? And if not now, when?"

Considering they seek all the benefits of living in Eretz Yisroel BUT refuse to obey its laws and insist only they are 'Klal Yisroel' - they are getting very close to being traitors to the Jewish People. And that has NOTHING to do with 'Zionism', but everything to do with their declaring themselves to be the only 'real' Jews and refusing to accept the entire mainstream of the Jewish People: it isn't for them alone to decide such things, so they are also in rebellion against YHVH.

Those are my personal opinions, not someone else's, not any kind of 'doctrine'.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by MHunterB; Yesterday at 04:22 PM.

Oh, and mine was post #40 on the thread - so why are you pissing and moaning with that 'buried without comment' BS?

CULTURE WARS

Clearly explained why Orthodox Jews refuse to serve in IDF - YouTube

The essence of Toras Moshe is to ensure that one ACTS in accordance with God's will.
Judaism is NOT a religion of faith, it is a religion of COMMANDMENTS.
Avraham was a warrior when it was called for.
Moshe was a warrior when it was called for.
Jehoshua was a warrior when it was called for.
David was a warrior when it was called for.

And it sounds like Rabbi Shapiro and a few hundred thousand other self-described orthodox Jews have declared war on the state of Israel.

Did that part sink in as you listened to what he was saying?

Last edited:
And it sounds like Rabbi Shapiro and a few hundred thousand other Jews have declared war on the state of Israel.

Wow...are they in for an ass pounding.
They WILL be quite upset when the Israeli welfare checks stop coming.

Indeependent, I am very disappointed in you ... you are merely pretending to have listened to this video.

Indeependent, I am very disappointed in you ... you are merely pretending to have listened to this video.

As an Orthodox Jew himself, I and everyone else who is compus mentis realizes that he knows much more than you do. Meanwhile, let's give Amity a RAH, RAH, RAH, SISS BOOM BAH. She has been posting from early morning until now and who knows when she will stop. Those batteries must be long lasting because she is certainly like the Energizer Bunny. One would think that she would have a little dignity and would be unwilling to show the readers that there is nothing going on in her real life..

And it sounds like Rabbi Shapiro and a few hundred thousand other self-described orthodox Jews have declared war on the state of Israel.

Did that part sink in as you listened to what he was saying?

The overwhelming number of Yeshiva students serve in the IDF.
There are some Yeshivas whose students are not exactly super stars.
These Yeshivas discourage their students from receiving a secular education.
You will notice that the Rabbis are interviewed, but not the students.
The more students, the bigger the welfare check to the Yeshiva.

It's a game we've know about and hated for the last 30 years, but the end-game is quickly approaching.

Good luck with that because I think its likely to be a fight to the death from the sound of it, and it is not going to play well with Israel's fan base in Europe and U.S.

Plus I'm not sure Israel (state of) is going to win.

So do you agree with Rabbi Shapiro that it is a culture war at base? Or does Israel really need these putative soldiers?

and most importantly, do you agree that "Judaism is the national tragedy of the Jewish people."

Last edited:
Good luck with that because I think its likely to be a fight to the death from the sound of it, and it is not going to play well with Israel's fan base in Europe and U.S.

Plus I'm not sure Israel (state of) is going to win.

Oh, you're SOOOOO funny...
Do you know anybody in the IDF?
I know dozens of kids on active duty and quite a few adults in the reserves.
You think one mild kvstching Rabbi is going to stir up trouble?
Not after the IDF shuts off the electricity

Look, Indeependent, if the IDF shuts off the electricity, every day will be like Shabbat. These people are going to know how to cope, and they're motivated to do so.

Is Israel's motive what he says it is, cultural assimilation AND SECULARIZATION by force?

The Rabbi says Jews survived for 2,000 years without a state so why did they moved to Israel? Why didn't they just stay where they were?

My other question would be, did those Jews that lived as a stateless people for 2,000 years have to work and earn a living in the world? I suspect they did and still managed to be Jews. So why would this imposed service be so very different?

Give it a rest. You know you are not acquainted with any Rabbis, especially in the small town in which you must live. If you lived in a decent sized town, a young woman your age woul not have spent all Saturday night on a forum, unless of course she was not allowed out of the house to have any fun once she converted to Islam.. Want to hear something amusing, folks. Years ago there was a Jewish poster who happened to live in an area where these Satmar Jews live.. At the time there was also a Canadian Neo Nazi posting. The Canadian Neo Nazi would go on and on that the man living amongst this Satmar asked the Neo Nazi if he was a Satmar. I guess the NeoNazi and the Satmar soundrf very similar to this Jewish man.

The original post comes from an Anti Semite who believes the JEWISH STATE with Arabs in it does not have the Right to exist? Now, THAT is funny !!! :lol:

Look, Indeependent, if the IDF shuts off the electricity, every day will be like Shabbat. These people are going to know how to cope, and they're motivated to do so.

Is Israel's motive what he says it is, cultural assimilation AND SECULARIZATION by force?

Nope...getting lazy assed boys off their asses.

Last edited:
The Rabbi says Jews survived for 2,000 years without a state so why did they moved to Israel? Why didn't they just stay where they were?

My other question would be, did those Jews that lived as a stateless people for 2,000 years have to work and earn a living in the world? I suspect they did and still managed to be Jews. So why would this imposed service be so very different?

Question 1...
The Holocaust ended, Jew hatred didn't.
My father-in-law was deported from Poland to Italy.

Question 2...
Bingo!

True Torah Jews?! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Didn't anybody at your mosque tell you they don't count, nor do they represent "Orthodox Judaism"? Did you even graduate from elementary school, you ignorant convert?

Forum List

Back