quite the turn out at that one nation rally

Power to the people is communist?

Republicans pledge 'power to the people'

Published Date: 24 September 2010
By Claire Prentice
Republicans pledge 'power to the people' - Scotsman.com News

Oh noooooo!

Nothing in the article says "Power to the people", only the title.

The writer is the one coining the phrase.

They only said that they wanted power in the hands of the people.

Power to the people is an old 60s slogan repeated by anti-war protesters.

Just in case you forgot.

Ask Heritage (Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh) - The Heritage Foundation

"Or will we choose a new and bolder direction that returns power to the people?" :eek:

:lol:

Returning power to the people is not a bunch of red-shirted people standing with fists raised in solidarity screaming "Power to the people.....Workers Unite".

There's a difference.

A big difference.

Last edited:
Why even point out diversity?

What does it matter what color any particular person was that attended a rally?

Everytime someone feels the need to point out racial disparity, race relations ironically takes another hit.

The point is that somehow, The Fact that most of the people at Becks Rally were white was bad, But the fact that Most of the people at this one were also white is not bad.

All this in a Nation that is mostly white.

Go figure :)

But this dude is placing a positive emphasis on the fact that this one was "more diverse".

Obviously he's happy that less whites were involved this time around.

so if the tea party had people with different-colored skin, you'd take them more seriously? sounds racist.

You are racist because you try to attach the epithet to those who point out the Tea Party's failing on race. Hypocritical, son, and obvious on your part. Fail.

so if the tea party had people with different-colored skin, you'd take them more seriously? sounds racist.

It is racist. Liberals love to divide and classify people so they know where they are when they need them.

Glad to see you back. Now don't be an asshole and hang around for awhile.

Not it's not racist to point out a group that is not diversified.

Nothing in the article says "Power to the people", only the title.

The writer is the one coining the phrase.

They only said that they wanted power in the hands of the people.

Power to the people is an old 60s slogan repeated by anti-war protesters.

Just in case you forgot.

"Or will we choose a new and bolder direction that returns power to the people?" :eek:

Returning power to the people is not a bunch of red-shirted people standing with fists raised in solidarity screaming "Power to the people.....Workers Unite".

There's a difference.

A big difference.

...in your mind, same words one is good and the other communist. yeah, that makes sense:lol:

You are racist because you try to attach the epithet to those who point out the Tea Party's failing on race. Hypocritical, son, and obvious on your part. Fail.

I'm not your son, Ringo and I'm not a racist, so go fuck yourself, you left winged little fuckstain.

Everytime someone feels the need to point out racial disparity, race relations ironically takes another hit.

Stop pretending to be a victim bitch...

di·verse
   /dɪˈvɜrs, daɪ-, ˈdaɪvɜrs/ Show Spelled[dih-vurs, dahy-, dahy-vurs] Show IPA
–adjective
of a different kind, form, character, etc.; unlike: a wide range of diverse opinions.
of various kinds or forms; multiform.

Can you read?

There's a difference.

A big difference.

...in your mind, same words one is good and the other communist. yeah, that makes sense:lol:

Not exactly the same words. Return was not included in the slogan. So it makes a difference. I suppose from now on power to the people is the exclusive property of the communist party so the Repugs should have said return control over their lives or something. They aren't allowed to say power or to or the or people.....otherwise they're a bunch of fucken commies I suppose.

Last edited:

di·verse
–adjective
of a different kind, form, character, etc.; unlike: a wide range of diverse opinions.

Can you read?

You were referring to race and you know it, you deceitful, racist, little fuckwad.

di·verse
–adjective

Can you read?

I knew you were going to eventually claim you weren't referring to race when you said "more diverse".

Fuck outta here you fucking noob :lol:

Have fun with this guy elvis, I'm out :thup:

There's a difference.

A big difference.

Not exactly the same words. Return was not included in the slogan. So it makes a difference. I suppose from now on power to the people is the exclusive property of the communist party so the Repugs should have said return control over their lives or something. They aren't allowed to say power or to or the or people.....otherwise they're a bunch of fucken commies I suppose.

LMAO.JPG

o ok

LMAO.JPG

o ok

When you find a direct quote from a Repug then I'll believe you....otherwise STFU.

Close is not good enough.

LMAO.JPG

o ok

When you find a direct quote from a Repug then I'll believe you....otherwise STFU.

51FivkvT04L._SL500_AA266_PIkin3,BottomRight,-16,34_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

:lol::lol: Parse, Parse, parse...but, but, but....

di·verse
–adjective

Can you read?

You were referring to race and you know it, you deceitful, racist, little fuckwad.

:lol: Give a hand to Downsyndromsmo the mind reader. :lol:

51FivkvT04L._SL500_AA266_PIkin3,BottomRight,-16,34_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

:lol::lol: Parse, Parse, parse...but, but, but....

Stupid fucken bitch.

Got one saying "Workers Unite"?

To be honest...."Power to the people" wasn't exclusive to the communist party.

I just threw it in for good measure.

I'm just happy it took you that long to find somebody stupid enough to use the phrase.

Still waiting on "Workers Unite"

Last edited:
interesting piece from the Beast-..

Left-Wing Crazies Take Their Turn

by John Avlon

The One Nation rally Saturday fell far short of Glenn Beck’s march, in terms of numbers and enthusiasm, but John Avlon reports that it mirrored it in one key way: plenty of wingnuts.

“We as one nation must stand together, must fight the forces of evil, the conservatives in this country across the board,” bellowed Ed Schultz, emcee of the One Nation Working Together rally on the Washington Mall Saturday. "The conservative voices of America, they are holding you down. They don't believe in your freedom.... They talk about the Constitution, but they don't want to live by it. They don’t believe in your freedom…. They talk about the founding fathers, but they want discrimination.”

The stated intention of the One Nation rally was to promote an “antidote” rather than just a left-wing “alternative to the Tea Party,” according to NAACP President Benjamin Jealous. The reality fell far short of that unifying goal.

Instead, the rally offered a snapshot of the fragile coalition that is the contemporary far left—a dizzying array of activist organizations and identity politics, with financial muscle provided by the labor unions who bused their members in.

Speakers like Schultz, Jesse Jackson, and Van Jones are stars in this crowd. But for all the chanting about how “the people, united, will never be divided,” this turnout was small, and suffering from an enthusiasm gap compared to the conservative populists who crowded the mall a month ago for Glenn Beck’s "Restoring Honor" Rally. Yes, the music was better and the crowd more diverse, but this rally provided plenty of evidence the Wingnuts on the loony left are alive and well.

The signs started off badly as I approached the Washington Mall. “Yes We Can… Bomb Civilians!” read the first sign I saw, held aloft by a 2008 Ralph Nader supporter from Providence, Rhode Island, named Adrian. Behind him, representatives from “The World Can’t Wait” positioned a black-hooded orange-jumpsuited effigy to protest Guantanamo next to signs that read “Stop Occupation and Torture for Empire!”

A pregame rally south of the Washington Monument featured drum circles and papier maché puppets. President Obama was called an “imperialist president” who was insensitive to the “African community” and “the 2.5 million people in concentration camps called prisons.”

“We recognize that the U.S. government is waging the same kind of war—a counterinsurgency,” warned the woman on the makeshift stage “that it is waging against the people of Afghanistan—against the people of the African community right here inside the U.S.”

The curious and relatively recent migration of anti-Semitism to the left was evident in signs that read “End All U.S. Aid to the Racist State of Israel” and “Fund Jobs, Not Israel.” I cringed as these marchers crowded past a group of World War II vets from Columbus, Ohio, being wheeled to their war memorial as part of the excellent “Honor Flight” program.

The crowds mostly wore union T-shirts—tie-dyes for members of SEIU/1199—while UAW members donned straight-forwarded navy blue shirts that said “Mobilizing for Justice.” Justice is, of course, supposed to be impartial, but in this crowd the word had ideological overtones, as protesters marched past people handing out copies of “The Workers World” and selling The Communist Manifesto next to the collected works of Malcom X.

rest at-

One Nation Working Together Rally: Day of Wingnuts - The Daily Beast

Forum List

Back