Quintessential American Band

Which one would you nominate ?

A band that could not come from anywhere else.

There are quite a few to choose from.

Beach Boys,CCR,REM, B52s,Blondie, Sly,The Doors, Talking Heads,Nirvana........................... Ive always had a soft spot for the Long Ryders myself.

Bands not individuals.
Some good choices there, Tommy. My vote would be for Creedence Clearwater Revival. Everything about them showed they were definitely American, and not from anywhere else. The subject matter of their lyrics (Thanks to John Fogerty.) their "Swamp Rock" southern US sound, and the way they dressed ALL said American.

Beach Boys,CCR,REM, B52s,Blondie, Sly,The Doors, Talking Heads,Nirvana........................... Ive always had a soft spot for the Long Ryders myself.

Bands not individuals.
Some good choices there, Tommy. My vote would be for Creedence Clearwater Revival. Everything about them showed they were definitely American, and not from anywhere else. The subject matter of their lyrics (Thanks to John Fogerty.) their "Swamp Rock" southern US sound, and the way they dressed ALL said American.

That applies equally

Bands not individuals.

That applies equally to Lynyrd Skynyrd

Forum List

Back