QUESTION OF THE DAY: What Annoys You?

What's most annoying is Bonzi and Defcon spreading their sick old person love fest all over the forum. Yuck! Can't they keep it in the flamer zone or keep it to PMs so the rest of us don't have to get grossed out with their granny/grampy sexcapades? :eusa_eh:

But Chrome is spyware.

I don't get any spam or anything. Never had a problem. But go on and continue being bombarded with ads. Not my problem. Lol. :D
Its not about what you get but what Google gets. :spinner:

What do they get?
Each url you visit and each action you take in Chrome. There are variants of Chrome promising privacy, however.

What happens? Nothing has happened, so I don't know what you're talking about. They track the sites I visit? That doesn't really matter because they cannot advertise to me because I have ad blocker.
If being without privacy sounds fine to you, hell, Chrome is the best browser for you. Creating and selling user profiles is big business nowadays. They already know you better then you do.

I don't get any spam or anything. Never had a problem. But go on and continue being bombarded with ads. Not my problem. Lol. :D

What do they get?
Each url you visit and each action you take in Chrome. There are variants of Chrome promising privacy, however.

What happens? Nothing has happened, so I don't know what you're talking about. They track the sites I visit? That doesn't really matter because they cannot advertise to me because I have ad blocker.
If being without privacy sounds fine to you, hell, Chrome is the best browser for you. Creating and selling user profiles is big business nowadays. They already know you better then you do.

I don't do anything on the computer that I would really care about. If they sell my information, then what good does it do if I have ad blocker installed?? :D I think you are worried needlessly . . . unless you have something you want to hide.

What do they get?

I don't do anything on the computer that I would really care about. If they sell my information, then what good does it do if I have ad blocker installed?? :D I think you are worried needlessly . . . unless you have something you want to hide.
"I have nothing to hide" isn´t a proper argument. I am not worried in that way. The amount of data that they collect, be it Google, Apple, MS, or whatever, is that gigantic, that one disappears in the mass. But caution. Once somebody at Google searches for "ChrisL" your complete dossier appears and you may travel to a FEMA camp because you resisted online.

What do they get?

"I have nothing to hide" isn´t a proper argument. I am not worried in that way. The amount of data that they collect, be it Google, Apple, MS, or whatever, is that gigantic, that one disappears in the mass. But caution. Once somebody at Google searches for "ChrisL" your complete dossier appears and you may travel to a FEMA camp because you resisted online.

I just hope you are joking. I've been using Google Chrome with adblocker for YEARS now. :D Like I said, your paranoia is not my problem. If you are paranoid, then don't use it. I don't care. Lol.

I just hope you are joking. I've been using Google Chrome with adblocker for YEARS now. :D Like I said, your paranoia is not my problem. If you are paranoid, then don't use it. I don't care. Lol.
At least you get better search results, lol.

Forum List

Back