Question of hell

tru, you're just pissed because I've made you realize that you have ZERO actual proof of any of the wild claims you're religion makes. I'm still keeping an open mind if you find any.
It's impossible for someone like you to piss me off. You don't know enough.
You're keeping an open mind? that's rich. The only way you would ever have an open mind is if someone blew your brains out.

I was also trying to understand some of the things that make mormons different from other christian religions, just for knowing's sake.
Oh really? that sounds harmless. except for the constant tauting of our religion and anyone else who believes in God.

T
he best one by far is that god told jo to make everyone wear special undies. That totally cracks me up! :lol:
Case in point.

Btw, I'm pretty sure that mormon comes from the word moron. Waddaya think?

I think you should go be a stand-up comedian. I've never heard such an original joke before.:eusa_liar:

This is a thread about hell, you're not on topic either. :lol:
I'm asking you for real proof that dreams are a relationship with god, not your feel good mumbo jumbo without substance. You're the one with the closed door, I'm open to anyone of any faith proving to me any of the big whoppers of their religion. So instead of keeping your door closed, why not open it enough to let some real facts out? Or you just got none?

No one can prove anything to you. Believers have had revelation from God, or have proven it to themselves by means that make sense to them. You are looking to the wrong source for proof if you are looking to other people.

You should be doing private meditation to find God.

But it seems your mind is already made up.

Man, I thought that God created this great game of "Spirtual scavenger hunt" in which you have to find the truth without evidence and believe in it until the judgement day. If you are right, you get to go to heaven. If you are wrong, then you go and burn for all eternity. And you have to chose the correct religion, and not the "so close but not quite right" religion.

Quick question--why not learn to become a "good person" in societal terms and not worry about religion??

For all you people with a strong religous belief, christians or muslims:

If a person lives his whole life as a good, law abaiding and honest person but totally reject the idea of the existens of a God. Or perhaps this person even worship something else. The wrong God.

Would he be sent to hell?

if that happened and then a racist woman abusing gay hating "christian" were sent to heaven, then that would make god a douche.

Since i'm christian i don't believe my god is a douche.
So he won't go to hell in my opinion

Man, I thought that God created this great game of "Spirtual scavenger hunt" in which you have to find the truth without evidence and believe in it until the judgement day. If you are right, you get to go to heaven. If you are wrong, then you go and burn for all eternity. And you have to chose the correct religion, and not the "so close but not quite right" religion.

God isn't that kind of God. If he was then I would say "screw Him" too. But luckily that is not the case. It's not about what religion you subscribe to. Sure there is one true religion, but it's not fair to expect everyone to even know which one it is, let alone join it.

Quick question--why not learn to become a "good person" in societal terms and not worry about religion??

That IS the true religion of God. Be the best person you can be with the knowledge you have been exposed to and God's grace will make up the difference. God is not looking to play some cruel game of throw some to hell and some to heaven.

At the judgment bar, God will not ask you "What church did you join?". he'll look at your heart and actions and decide if you really loved Him and other people.

god created hell to scare the shit out of all those that believe in him into doing what the bible says. But since the bible was written by men, is hell a figment of man's imagination?

I refer to Milton, it is better to rule in Hell than serve in Heavan.

The food in Heavan is shit, and the place is dry.

I refer to Milton, it is better to rule in Hell than serve in Heavan.

The food in Heavan is shit, and the place is dry.

In Heaven, Every Hour is Happy Hour, The Refills are Also Free, The Buffet is Endless, and It's All paid for. Satan fooled You. Satan lied. Why turn down the Free Pass? Don't let it expire.

I believe the soul is eternal . But I don't believe things are so simple as you get one ride and are rewarded with heavan or condemned to hell depending on what you did in life . I believe Earth is a plane of existence for learning and there are planes above us and below us . You serve evil , our Creator has a place for you . You get something right , maybe you move up a notch . You don't get anything right , your soul keeps coming back to Earth until you learn whatever it is we're supposed to learn while we're here . Just my thoughts on the subject .

god created hell to scare the shit out of all those that believe in him into doing what the bible says. But since the bible was written by men, is hell a figment of man's imagination?

No, hell was originally called Ghenninom by the Jews. When Rome sacked Jerusalem and took back Hebrew slaves, they learned about their religion, bastardized it over about 350 years, got ahold of Dante and Milton to come up with a really scary version of it (remember, people who are scared are easy to control, and they will give you money, look at the Bush propaganda machine for proof today), and the Catholic church sold it to the pagans that they then converted to Christians.

Besides.............every person has a beginning, and since eternal means that you have always been and always will be, so, if you have a beginning you are not eternal, and therefore cannot be thrown into Hell forever.

It's actually a fire that cleanses your soul before entering Heaven again.

I believe the soul is eternal . But I don't believe things are so simple as you get one ride and are rewarded with heavan or condemned to hell depending on what you did in life . I believe Earth is a plane of existence for learning and there are planes above us and below us . You serve evil , our Creator has a place for you . You get something right , maybe you move up a notch . You don't get anything right , your soul keeps coming back to Earth until you learn whatever it is we're supposed to learn while we're here . Just my thoughts on the subject .
You are onto to something there.

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Hell needs to be understood properly. It's not a literal lake of fire and brimstone that people will be thrown into to feel the burning sensation for all time.

I do not believe, that it is a figment of imagination. It is a state of mind more than a real place. I do believe there is a place reserved where people will go for ultimate suffering and cleansing, but will not abide there forever.

My beliefs are similar to yours. There is far much more to eternal reward than this little phase of existence on earth.

I hope you have that fifty bucks you borrowed from me in our last round, and you owe me a good horse too. :lol:

Hell = Earth.

You're ALL fucked.

Lemmie guess.............you're one of those Scientology assholes that thinks we all came to earth in DC-10 spaceships, right?

And.......we were put here because of the revolt in Heaven.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me............Scientology is a JOKE! Nothing more than a money machine to buy blessings.

God never charges.

If a person lives his whole life as a good, law abaiding and honest person but totally reject the idea of the existens of a God. Or perhaps this person even worship something else. The wrong God.

yes

No one is "sent to hell." Arrival in hell comes from a CHOICE that YOU make by rejecting Christ.

Forum List

Back