Question for leathernecks

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Why is bootcamp so easy for your leathernecks? The Bass' younger cousin just completed bootcamp and he said it was easy, not as hard as he expected. The Bass was under the impression that Marine bootcamp was the hardest of the branches of service, has the Corps gone soft?

The Corps' boot is the hardest of the US military. It wasn't overwhelming but it was anything but soft.

Why is bootcamp so easy for your leathernecks? The Bass' younger cousin just completed bootcamp and he said it was easy, not as hard as he expected. The Bass was under the impression that Marine bootcamp was the hardest of the branches of service, has the Corps gone soft?

It's STILL the hardest basic training in the US military. You are aware if you go through Marine Corps boot camp you don't have to go through the other services' if you switch? Flipside, if you went through all other service's boot camps, you'd STILL have to go thhrough the Corps' to be a Marine.

Why don't you just get straight to the point, "Mr I went to Boot Camp for 6 Weeks and had offbase liberty after 2 weeks?" You're just trying to stir up shit.

It's STILL the hardest basic training in the US military. You are aware if you go through Marine Corps boot camp you don't have to go through the other services' if you switch? Flipside, if you went through all other service's boot camps, you'd STILL have to go thhrough the Corps' to be a Marine.

Why don't you just get straight to the point, "Mr I went to Boot Camp for 6 Weeks and had offbase liberty after 2 weeks?" You're just trying to stir up shit.

Mr leatherneck don't be so hostile now man. 13 weeks of bootcamp with about 4 weeks of filler tie doesn't equal the hardest basic training. The Bass would give that distinction to the army. Unless you're a grunt basic isn't all that hard.

The army has a difficult boot camp?

I don't think so.

They spend a few weeks in isolation and then they're getting liberty.

As I recall, Navy bootcamp (basically a place where they spend weeks teaching us how to fold clothes and yelling at us for getting it wrong) seems worse than Army BC.

We got ONE 8-hour liberty after 15 weeks and about 4 day of isolation and imprisonment, and that was it for liberty.

And everything I have heard about Marine Corps BC seems far FAR more difficult than any of the other services.

I think you don't know doodle-squat about this topic, Bass.

Semper Fi, dude.

Having been through army basic it is not the breeze people are making it out to be and what liberty are you talking about???? Marine boot camp is harder and probably will always be that is why I'd rather have a marine fighting beside me than a navy man or God forbid an air force soldier. But if you go infantry in the army it is 13 weeks of basic.

Mr leatherneck don't be so hostile now man. 13 weeks of bootcamp with about 4 weeks of filler tie doesn't equal the hardest basic training. The Bass would give that distinction to the army. Unless you're a grunt basic isn't all that hard.

Sorry Ass, but I just can't work myself up to "hostile" for shit-stirring morons like you.

Since you're such a badass, I live right down the street from the Warhawk Gym. Was born on Lackland and grew up in the AF as a matter of fact. You should know where THAT is, right zoomie?

Bring your ass on down and test your skills. But wear a shirt with your name on it so I can distinguish you from the rest of the fat, sloppy, out of shape, high-waters off the rack wearing worthless slugs out doing their pilates in the shade for PT.

Having been through army basic it is not the breeze people are making it out to be and what liberty are you talking about???? Marine boot camp is harder and probably will always be that is why I'd rather have a marine fighting beside me than a navy man or God forbid an air force soldier. But if you go infantry in the army it is 13 weeks of basic.

Marine Corps Basic Training is 13 weeks, regardless your MOS. THEN you get to go here:

U.S. Marine Corps - Basic Warrior Training

THEN you get to go to your MOS school.

Don't knock the Doc. Our medical corpsmen are Navy and they eat the same dirt we do most times. And I doubt you've wave off Navy close air support either just because it was Navy. At least Navy and Marine pilots got the balls to fly CAS.

A group of us were discussing the Code of Conduct one day and someone asked the AF SSgt what she thought of it and she said (and I quote): "That doesn't apply to us ... we're in the Air Force.":disbelief:

Marine Corps Basic Training is 13 weeks, regardless your MOS. THEN you get to go here:

U.S. Marine Corps - Basic Warrior Training

THEN you get to go to your MOS school.

Don't knock the Doc. Our medical corpsmen are Navy and they eat the same dirt we do most times. And I doubt you've wave off Navy close air support either just because it was Navy. At least Navy and Marine pilots got the balls to fly CAS.

A group of us were discussing the Code of Conduct one day and someone asked the AF SSgt what she thought of it and she said (and I quote): "That doesn't apply to us ... we're in the Air Force.":disbelief:

Maybe its my personal experiences I have served with all three. Marines I can serve with all day no problem because I haven't met many who won't just get the job done bottom line. As far as navy and air force they really have never impressed me not to say they dont do their jobs well across the board but the missions we were on would have been easier without them. "ruling out calling in air strikes of course"

Sorry Ass, but I just can't work myself up to "hostile" for shit-stirring morons like you.

Since you're such a badass, I live right down the street from the Warhawk Gym. Was born on Lackland and grew up in the AF as a matter of fact. You should know where THAT is, right zoomie?

Bring your ass on down and test your skills. But wear a shirt with your name on it so I can distinguish you from the rest of the fat, sloppy, out of shape, high-waters off the rack wearing worthless slugs out doing their pilates in the shade for PT.

Listen marine, your bootcamp is just long with a bunch of loud DIs, nothing hard about that. Do you think officers have it easier than the enlisted when doing their initial training? The Bass knows officers have it harder. When the Bass sees you he'll make sure to walk by you in uniform at least three times every hour just so you have to salute him.

In Germany it is like that:

The German Bundeswehr is a ship. The Army is rowing, the navy gives the commands and the airforce drives water ski.

My own bootcamp propably was quite lenient, I mean we got 2 weekends off during the 12 or so weeks, in addition, I got our battery a medal in a sports contest which meant I earned the right to sleep at home until I screw up, which I did not :D

However I was in the tank artillery, and everyone liked to label themselfs as "the reason why ugly Panzergrenadiers only have a half life of 60 seconds on a battlefield", the training for volunteers is harder too, I was a basic conscript.

Listen marine, your bootcamp is just long with a bunch of loud DIs, nothing hard about that. Do you think officers have it easier than the enlisted when doing their initial training? The Bass knows officers have it harder. When the Bass sees you he'll make sure to walk by you in uniform at least three times every hour just so you have to salute him.

Oh stop it.
The last big mouthed bass I saw ended up in a fry pan.
icon_rofl.gif

With no off based liberty that whole time?

Perhaps things have changed but when I was in the service, the Dogs boot camp included off base liberties.

As to whom you would rather have fighting beside you?

How is that relevant to this question?

No off base liberties during the 13 weeks.

As to who Id rather fight next too it was in response to the side conversation

Forum List

Back