Question for leathernecks

Discussion in 'Military' started by Bass v 2.0, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    Why is bootcamp so easy for your leathernecks? The Bass' younger cousin just completed bootcamp and he said it was easy, not as hard as he expected. The Bass was under the impression that Marine bootcamp was the hardest of the branches of service, has the Corps gone soft?

2. Stoner

Stoner Herbologist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    The Corps' boot is the hardest of the US military. It wasn't overwhelming but it was anything but soft.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    It's STILL the hardest basic training in the US military. You are aware if you go through Marine Corps boot camp you don't have to go through the other services' if you switch? Flipside, if you went through all other service's boot camps, you'd STILL have to go thhrough the Corps' to be a Marine.

Why don't you just get straight to the point, "Mr I went to Boot Camp for 6 Weeks and had offbase liberty after 2 weeks?" You're just trying to stir up shit.

4. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528

Mr leatherneck don't be so hostile now man. 13 weeks of bootcamp with about 4 weeks of filler tie doesn't equal the hardest basic training. The Bass would give that distinction to the army. Unless you're a grunt basic isn't all that hard.

5. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Anyone got the curricula? If you like I'll have a look at them an deliver my verdict - hey that could be part of my thesis :lol:

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    The army has a difficult boot camp?

I don't think so.

They spend a few weeks in isolation and then they're getting liberty.

As I recall, Navy bootcamp (basically a place where they spend weeks teaching us how to fold clothes and yelling at us for getting it wrong) seems worse than Army BC.

We got ONE 8-hour liberty after 15 weeks and about 4 day of isolation and imprisonment, and that was it for liberty.

And everything I have heard about Marine Corps BC seems far FAR more difficult than any of the other services.

I think you don't know doodle-squat about this topic, Bass.

Semper Fi, dude.

7. Mr. President

Mr. President BOARD PRESIDENT..carry on

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Having been through army basic it is not the breeze people are making it out to be and what liberty are you talking about???? Marine boot camp is harder and probably will always be that is why I'd rather have a marine fighting beside me than a navy man or God forbid an air force soldier. But if you go infantry in the army it is 13 weeks of basic.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Sorry Ass, but I just can't work myself up to "hostile" for shit-stirring morons like you.

Since you're such a badass, I live right down the street from the Warhawk Gym. Was born on Lackland and grew up in the AF as a matter of fact. You should know where THAT is, right zoomie?

Bring your ass on down and test your skills. But wear a shirt with your name on it so I can distinguish you from the rest of the fat, sloppy, out of shape, high-waters off the rack wearing worthless slugs out doing their pilates in the shade for PT.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Marine Corps Basic Training is 13 weeks, regardless your MOS. THEN you get to go here:

U.S. Marine Corps - Basic Warrior Training

THEN you get to go to your MOS school.

Don't knock the Doc. Our medical corpsmen are Navy and they eat the same dirt we do most times. And I doubt you've wave off Navy close air support either just because it was Navy. At least Navy and Marine pilots got the balls to fly CAS.

A group of us were discussing the Code of Conduct one day and someone asked the AF SSgt what she thought of it and she said (and I quote): "That doesn't apply to us ... we're in the Air Force.":disbelief:

10. Mr. President

Mr. President BOARD PRESIDENT..carry on

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290

Maybe its my personal experiences I have served with all three. Marines I can serve with all day no problem because I haven't met many who won't just get the job done bottom line. As far as navy and air force they really have never impressed me not to say they dont do their jobs well across the board but the missions we were on would have been easier without them. "ruling out calling in air strikes of course"