Did McCain try to block info. on POW's and MIAs?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
John McCain, who has risen to political prominence on his image as a Vietnam POW war hero, has, inexplicably, worked very hard to hide from the public stunning information about American prisoners in Vietnam who, unlike him, didn't return home. Throughout his Senate career, McCain has quietly sponsored and pushed into federal law a set of prohibitions that keep the most revealing information about these men buried as classified documents. Thus the war hero people would logically imagine to be a determined crusader for the interests of POWs and their families became instead the strange champion of hiding the evidence and closing the books

this is an old issue but still needs to be remembered. we left men behind.
we knew it. this nation will always bear that shame.

Why Has John McCain Blocked Info on MIAs?

Could you of found a more left leaning 'news' group? That is right out of the donkey's ass and you know it.

did you note i said both mccain and kerry. research the issue, it is not out of the donkey's ass as you put it..and no, i know that it was a shame when we left men knowingly.

John McCain, who has risen to political prominence on his image as a Vietnam POW war hero, has, inexplicably, worked very hard to hide from the public stunning information about American prisoners in Vietnam who, unlike him, didn't return home. Throughout his Senate career, McCain has quietly sponsored and pushed into federal law a set of prohibitions that keep the most revealing information about these men buried as classified documents. Thus the war hero people would logically imagine to be a determined crusader for the interests of POWs and their families became instead the strange champion of hiding the evidence and closing the books

this is an old issue but still needs to be remembered. we left men behind.
we knew it. this nation will always bear that shame.

Why Has John McCain Blocked Info on MIAs?

I don't see a correlation between McCain being a POW, and voting to keep classified documents classified.

Calling it "hiding evidence" is just negative spin for the partisan machine. Information is classified for reasons. The most important being: you just don't need to know.

If more lives are put at risk by declassifying the documents, then there is no reason to make them public. Especially for some political maneuvering. Nice try, it never ceases to amazing me when this tactic is called.

Forum List

Back