Question for gay marriage opponents

The state cannot invent a right that violates the first amendment protected right to religious freedom. My constitution trumps your new self serving law.

You are wrong and then you are wrong again.

The state does not have to invent new rights. The state can easily take away tax breaks.

Second, the state does not prevent any religious institution from exercising its religious beliefs except that those beliefs have limits. We do not tolerate religions that practice polygamy and child marriages.

Similarly you can't allow religions to discriminate against gays when it comes to employment. Notice I said employment. I said nothing about gay marriages. Churches do not have to marry two gays.

The right to "marry" is protected.
The right to "marry in the churches" is not protected. There is no such constututional right to be married in churches.

The state cannot violate the Constitution. Don't you believe in the constitutional theory of separation of church and state?

I believe in the dignity of respecting all human beings. This includes gays and lesbians.

As I said before, the churches can practice their religions 24-7 until they die. I don't care. What the churches cannot do is discriminate against its employees during hiring.

The attorneys are waiting in the wings to get started on their lawsuits. Churches have to come out of their 2000 year old traditions of discrimination and move forward with the rest of us into the 21st century.
You're ignoring the Constitution.

Rights are granted gradually, one person at a time. Over time, we will force the churches to comply with non discriminatory common sense practices.

You seem to be extremely agitated at the idea of gays and lesbians getting equal rights. Do you also support slavery by any chance?
Nope. Rights are not granted. Rights are "inherent". Do you understand the meaning of that word?

The state does not have to invent new rights. The state can easily take away tax breaks.

Second, the state does not prevent any religious institution from exercising its religious beliefs except that those beliefs have limits. We do not tolerate religions that practice polygamy and child marriages.

Similarly you can't allow religions to discriminate against gays when it comes to employment. Notice I said employment. I said nothing about gay marriages. Churches do not have to marry two gays.

The right to "marry in the churches" is not protected. There is no such constututional right to be married in churches.

The state cannot violate the Constitution. Don't you believe in the constitutional theory of separation of church and state?

I believe in the dignity of respecting all human beings. This includes gays and lesbians.

As I said before, the churches can practice their religions 24-7 until they die. I don't care. What the churches cannot do is discriminate against its employees during hiring.

The attorneys are waiting in the wings to get started on their lawsuits. Churches have to come out of their 2000 year old traditions of discrimination and move forward with the rest of us into the 21st century.

You are wrong, churches are exempt from anti discriminatory laws for employment purposes when applied to religious reasons.

For example, in THIS case, a church can refuse to hire a gay. PERIOD. This has already been ruled on SCOTUS

OK then when it comes to hiring, they have exemptions. Now this is about to change. We will push our gov to gradually remove this exemption and force the churches to not discriminate. Time has come to teach the churches to behave like civilized human beings.

what a good NAZI you are.

The fact of the matter is, it's time to get rid of all public accommodation laws.

The government's job isn't to make people be nice to each other and behave like civilized human beings.

The fact of the matter is, I have a right to be uncivilized if I so choose.

I'm about sick of morons on the left and on the right who want to use big government to force those who they disagree with to comply with their beliefs. That is NOT the role of government.

Nope, the government forces business to comply with equal opportunity laws EEOC. You do not have the right to be uncivilized just as I don't have the right to drive drunk on the road. It's not a question of big government forcing itself on to others. I am prohibited from carrying weapons into government buildings. This is not a big government issue. It's called a law. It protects everyone.

So all these years, you mean to tell me, you didn't protest against civili rights acts and EEOC laws? How sad.

You are wrong, churches are exempt from anti discriminatory laws for employment purposes when applied to religious reasons.

For example, in THIS case, a church can refuse to hire a gay. PERIOD. This has already been ruled on SCOTUS

OK then when it comes to hiring, they have exemptions. Now this is about to change. We will push our gov to gradually remove this exemption and force the churches to not discriminate. Time has come to teach the churches to behave like civilized human beings.

The fact of the matter is, it's time to get rid of all public accommodation laws.

The government's job isn't to make people be nice to each other and behave like civilized human beings.

I'm about sick of morons on the left and on the right who want to use big government to force those who they disagree with to comply with their beliefs. That is NOT the role of government.

Nope, the government forces business to comply with equal opportunity laws EEOC. You do not have the right to be uncivilized just as I don't have the right to drive drunk on the road. It's not a question of big government forcing itself on to others. I am prohibited from carrying weapons into government buildings. This is not a big government issue. It's called a law. It protects everyone.

So all these years, you mean to tell me, you didn't protest against civili rights acts and EEOC laws? How sad.

Those laws protect other people's rights. you do NOT have a right to work at a specific church that believes you are a sinner.

And what's more, why would you want to?

Rights are granted gradually, one person at a time. Over time, we will force the churches to comply with non discriminatory common sense practices.

You seem to be extremely agitated at the idea of gays and lesbians getting equal rights. Do you also support slavery by any chance?

You don't have a right to work at a church that does not share your beliefs you fucking moron.

Oh right, just as a workplace where they sexually harass women is acceptable, right? Yeah, just tell women working in large corporations "Hey honey, don't work here if you don't like men cracking sexual jokes and posting nude photos of their girlfriends on the cubicle walls if you don't like our policies".

LOL, I love it when homophobes demand the right to be homophobes.

You don't have a right to work at a church that does not share your beliefs you fucking moron.

Oh right, just as a workplace where they sexually harass women is acceptable, right? Yeah, just tell women working in large corporations "Hey honey, don't work here if you don't like men cracking sexual jokes and posting nude photos of their girlfriends on the cubicle walls if you don't like our policies".

again idiot, sexually harassing a woman violates her RIGHTS

mdk , here's an example of why you have to fight so hard for what actually are your rights.

Your thoughts?

I agree. As a Conservative I believe that a proper family is key to children growing up properly.

To that end I believe in licensing parents, requiring Moral competency testing for current and prospective parents and removing children from single parent and otherwise faulty homes.

I agree. As a Conservative I believe that a proper family is key to children growing up properly.

To that end I believe in licensing parents, requiring Moral competency testing for current and prospective parents and removing children from single parent and otherwise faulty homes.

Great! Then just as the cons did with GM, they should oppose single parent households with the same fervor as they opposed GM. This means the cons have to aggressively and legislatively PUSH for one or both of the following.

1. Oppose single parents from having kids or put them up for adoption if you become a single parent accidentally or voluntarily

OR

2. Force every single parent to get married again or have another person of opposite sex immediately within 90 days to avoid losing custody of the kid.

Hypocrite GM opponents are OK with not having a mother and father in single parent households. Their only objections arose when they found out about gay parents having kids within their family without the presence of an adult of the opposite gender.

It's amazing how ignorant the GM opponents truly are.
So the plan is to involve our government even more

The plan is to protect people. I am perfectly happy if a non-governmental institution has the constitutional authority to protect gays' equal protection rights. Sadly such authority does not exist with private organizations.

Your rights are protected by the people and the government. Call it "government involvement" or government "duty", whatever you prefer.

But I digress. The issue in front of us was: If you think a mom and dad are necessary for child's well being, then I want you to oppose each and every single parent households and force them to marry someone else of opposite gender or B. take away their kids immediately and put them in foster homes where the government will provide two adults of opposite gender to look after the kids.

But GM opponents did none of the above. The only time GM opponents woke up to the reality of "child needs mom and dad" was when GM was about to be legalized. For all the past 240 years when kids were being raised in single parent homes, GM opponents and their religious leaders had no problem ignoring the "Child needs a mom and a dad" philosophy.

Like I keep saying, the bigotry of GM opponents is too east to expose.
I do oppose single parent households.
I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.
I wouldn't, however, force unmarried couples to marry.
No one is forcing gays to marry, so your analogy fails.

I'll repeat a question I asked earlier;
If someone is truly gay where then does this paternal or maternal instinct come from?
If it's purely biological, and they have no choice, how can they only want to be with someone of the same sex yet still have the 'primal' instinct to reproduce?
One behavior is natural, the other isn't.
Just wondering

You did not demonstrate legislative urgency to enact laws for the past 240 years to prevent single parents from keeping their kids. Clearly shows you are a hypocrite. If you oppose single parent households then you should speak out against 50% of American households that are single parent households.

Instincts are natural. For you to ask where "instincts" come from makes no sense. Where do your instincts come from? Where does anyone's instincts come from? Why don't you worry about your own instincts and leave the rest to other people.

It doesn't matter whether something is natural or not. Mother nature created gays. This clearly proves that homosexuality is natural trait in all animals. It is none of anyone else's business what the gays do, where their instincts come from or how it affecst the rest of us.
Wow

That's a truckload of butthurt over something that doesn't matter.

I can oppose anything I choose to without pushing legislation.
My Law was written eons ago.
And you don't get to tell me what I'm allowed to wonder about.

And this is for you as well.

mdk , here's an example of why you have to fight so hard for what actually are your rights.

Good god, and denying people employment is also a violation of rights except for religious institutions.

Nice to know you are fighting so hard to deny gays their rights. It helps us understand now why churches and church supporters are so hateful people. It all begins with the biblical indoctrination.

Keep it going, you are giving your own church a bad name.

Good god, and denying people employment is also a violation of rights except for religious institutions.

Nice to know you are fighting so hard to deny gays their rights. It helps us understand now why churches and church supporters are so hateful people. It all begins with the biblical indoctrination.

I'm not for denying anyone their rights. You simply don't have a right to force a company to hire you.

Something isn't a right simply because YOU say it is.

Great! Then just as the cons did with GM, they should oppose single parent households with the same fervor as they opposed GM. This means the cons have to aggressively and legislatively PUSH for one or both of the following.

1. Oppose single parents from having kids or put them up for adoption if you become a single parent accidentally or voluntarily

OR

2. Force every single parent to get married again or have another person of opposite sex immediately within 90 days to avoid losing custody of the kid.

Hypocrite GM opponents are OK with not having a mother and father in single parent households. Their only objections arose when they found out about gay parents having kids within their family without the presence of an adult of the opposite gender.

It's amazing how ignorant the GM opponents truly are.

The plan is to protect people. I am perfectly happy if a non-governmental institution has the constitutional authority to protect gays' equal protection rights. Sadly such authority does not exist with private organizations.

Your rights are protected by the people and the government. Call it "government involvement" or government "duty", whatever you prefer.

But I digress. The issue in front of us was: If you think a mom and dad are necessary for child's well being, then I want you to oppose each and every single parent households and force them to marry someone else of opposite gender or B. take away their kids immediately and put them in foster homes where the government will provide two adults of opposite gender to look after the kids.

But GM opponents did none of the above. The only time GM opponents woke up to the reality of "child needs mom and dad" was when GM was about to be legalized. For all the past 240 years when kids were being raised in single parent homes, GM opponents and their religious leaders had no problem ignoring the "Child needs a mom and a dad" philosophy.

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

If someone is truly gay where then does this paternal or maternal instinct come from?
If it's purely biological, and they have no choice, how can they only want to be with someone of the same sex yet still have the 'primal' instinct to reproduce?
Just wondering

You did not demonstrate legislative urgency to enact laws for the past 240 years to prevent single parents from keeping their kids. Clearly shows you are a hypocrite. If you oppose single parent households then you should speak out against 50% of American households that are single parent households.

Instincts are natural. For you to ask where "instincts" come from makes no sense. Where do your instincts come from? Where does anyone's instincts come from? Why don't you worry about your own instincts and leave the rest to other people.

It doesn't matter whether something is natural or not. Mother nature created gays. This clearly proves that homosexuality is natural trait in all animals. It is none of anyone else's business what the gays do, where their instincts come from or how it affecst the rest of us.
Wow

Laws are written by legislators, not you and me. Your personal code of conduct and belief system does not a law make. Bye.

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

Just wondering

Wow

Laws are written by legislators, not you and me. Your personal code of conduct and belief system does not a law make. Bye.

Agreed, so tough shit what you believe, the law is clear, churches can discriminate based on religion when hiring

/thread.

I'm not for denying anyone their rights. You simply don't have a right to force a company to hire you.

Something isn't a right simply because YOU say it is.

I didn't say companies or churches MUST hire someone. I said companies do not have the right to discriminate. And the churches have had the right to exempt themselves from hiring gays.

It doesn't hurt me, it hurts the churches and the gays. I am not affected by this. I am just pointing out to you the more vociferously you demand the right to exclude gays from religious institutions, the more you and your churches look "bad" in the eyes of the public. It's your decision, not mine.

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

Just wondering

Wow

America is a nation of law, not emotional rhetoric. You ignore the Constitution. Discrimination is not against the Constitution. We discriminate every day. When to eat, where to eat, where to buy clothes, gasoline, etc.

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

Just wondering

Wow

Agreed, so tough shit what you believe, the law is clear, churches can discriminate based on religion when hiring

/thread.

Yep, you are right., Churches have the right to be bigoted, hateful, discriminatory ignorant institution that they are. It's allowed under the constitution to be a bigot just as it's allowed under the constitution to be a racist.

What class of business is a church providing? Seems to me a church is like a private club for members and guests.

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

Just wondering

Wow

America is a nation of law, not emotional rhetoric. You ignore the Constitution. Discrimination is not against the Constitution.

Discrimination in the public sphere (employment, housing, school enrollments) are heavily regulated. Bigotry and racism are not regulated. So you are right, a person can be an ugly racist and a bigot. Institutions and employers can't follow the same path. Although I understand churches have the exemption to not hire gays, we also have the right to lable churches as bigoted institution.

Just because I have the right to smoke doesn't mean I should. Just because a church is allowed to discrimnate against gays doesn't mean they should.

Agreed?

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

Just wondering

Wow

/thread.

Yep, you are right., Churches have the right to be bigoted, hateful, discriminatory ignorant institution that they are. It's allowed under the constitution to be a bigot just as it's allowed under the constitution to be a racist.

Then shut up your yammering about forcing churches to not discriminate.

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

Just wondering

Wow

/thread.

Correct. The same constitution protects you. You're free to be a hateful Christophobic bigot. Now you're getting it.

What class of business is a church providing? Seems to me a church is like a private club for members and guests.

Church is a private club, you are right. But the problem is it takes tax payers' funding.

If I owned a sole proprietorship business, I have to pay taxes and also I have to abide by all laws of EEOC and equal housing. I cannot exempt myself from these laws. Churches on the other hand take full advantage of tax exemmption while aggressively discriminating against a class of many people including women and gays.

I oppose divorce.
I oppose premarital sex.

Just wondering

Wow

America is a nation of law, not emotional rhetoric. You ignore the Constitution. Discrimination is not against the Constitution.

Discrimination in the public sphere (employment, housing, school enrollments) are heavily regulated. Bigotry and racism are not regulated. So you are right, a person can be an ugly racist and a bigot. Institutions and employers can't follow the same path. Although I understand churches have the exemption to not hire gays, we also have the right to lable churches as bigoted institution.

Just because I have the right to smoke doesn't mean I should. Just because a church is allowed to discrimnate against gays doesn't mean they should.

Agreed?

No, not agreed.

Its none of mine, or your, business what a church we don't attend believes. I mean literally NONE . I don't care. Lots of churches have doctrine I dont believe in. Guess what I do? I don't attend those fucking churches. Problem fucking solved.

Forum List

Back