Question For Christians & Atheists

I would love to know if it existed. I don't COMPLETELY disregard the notion, but I dont believe in any of it. If I did find out it was real, and it was based of a religion we know today, I still wouldnt follow it. They all seem hipocritical to me. In Christianity, if you dont believe you will spend eternity in Hell. That doesn't sound like something I want to spend my life worshipping. Then again, if I dont, and Hell is for real, I might change my mind lol.

There is no such thing as a non-believer Christian.

There are those that lose Faith. I think that is rooted more in false premise and false expectation.

Is there an Order to the Universe, to Creation, that we either miss, or have dismissed from our limited perspectives? Are we too caught up in labeling and packaging what we think we know? Is God limited to our depth?

I would love to know if it existed. I don't COMPLETELY disregard the notion, but I dont believe in any of it. If I did find out it was real, and it was based of a religion we know today, I still wouldnt follow it. They all seem hipocritical to me. In Christianity, if you dont believe you will spend eternity in Hell. That doesn't sound like something I want to spend my life worshipping. Then again, if I dont, and Hell is for real, I might change my mind lol.

There are Forces beyond our control, sometimes we get a glimpse, cause and effect, balance, exact measure. There is no counterfeit that stands up or compares to that.

There is no such thing as a non-believer Christian.

There are those that lose Faith. I think that is rooted more in false premise and false expectation.

Is there an Order to the Universe, to Creation, that we either miss, or have dismissed from our limited perspectives? Are we too caught up in labeling and packaging what we think we know? Is God limited to our depth?

By definition a Christian a believer in Christ.

If one loses that belief, he is no longer a Christian.

Do we really need to know if there is "an Order to the Universe, to Creation,"?

Remember Mr. Einstein! Time-Space, Space -Time: "Ya can't have one without the other!".

"You can't prove an external reality even to yourself, let alone yours to another's."
K. Weslyn

Last edited:
Is your line of questioning designed to prove something? I think there's truth seekers of all persuasions.

It doesn't take much to figure out what she is saying....

Did I correct anything she said? Did I claim I didn't understand anything she was saying? Stop deflecting troll.

You asked a question. Unless it was a rheotical one (which is hard to tell on a messageboard) then my post stands, Moron.

look out the window......thats proof God exists.

Look inside yourself; that's proof that God exists...to you. It is not necessarily how it appears to others no matter how much it appears that way...to you.

The problem with belief is that it is intimate and totally internal. Even more problematic is the fact that belief is choice, yet few 'believers' experience that choice and fewer still accept the unique quality of it.

Unique.

As in, 'one of a kind.'

I can only point the way it is up to you the see.

Which is what Jews say, which is what Muslims say, which is what Mormons say...yadda, yadda, yadda...

That is not what I meant. You believe he exists, but you can't prove that he exists to me, can you?

Can you prove that Time exists?

Yes...

time
   [tahym] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, timed, tim·ing.
noun
the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future; indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.

This is same fallacy that believers use about air. You can't see air or oxygen, thus does it exist? Why yes it does. Scientists can prove through a variety of experiments that certain gases exist. Believers can offer no such varification for their beliefs of a god(s)...

As an atheist...sure, if God shows she exists I am willing to change my views

I just see no current evidence of the fact. Atheism is not a religion, it is just an honest evaluation of the facts as they are presented

It's as much of a religion as anything. You've deciphered a belief which you cannot prove. And you engage like minded persons more freely. That's what religion is.

It doesn't take much to figure out what she is saying....

Did I correct anything she said? Did I claim I didn't understand anything she was saying? Stop deflecting troll.

You asked a question. Unless it was a rheotical one (which is hard to tell on a messageboard) then my post stands, Moron.

Believing in the saving grace of Christ, being Christlike in those beliefs and knowing that we all sin is a believer.
A Christian has to believe. Non believers are not Christian.

That is not what I meant. You believe he exists, but you can't prove that he exists to me, can you?

No. I know He exists. Just like I know the sun will rise in the morning.

I don't have to prove He exists to you. That wasnt what you were asking about in the original post. You asked whether we would want to find out if God exists if we could know once and for all. I've already done that.

I didn't always know God was there. There was a point in time I had no clue whether there was a God or not. And if He did exist, I had no clue whether it was possible to know whether He did or not.

So I experimented on the Word. I concluded that if God exists and has the ability to make Himself known to those who seek Him, He could, in some way, make it known to me. After all the scriptures say "Ask and ye shall recieve, Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened unto you"

The only way to test whether that is true, is to ask, seek, and knock. The scriptures also say "If a man lack wisdom, let Him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given unto you." Again, the only logical way to find out if that's correct is to test it.

Christ said: "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."

And Christ told Peter He was blessed because it was the Father that revealed who Christ was to him.

The scriptures are clear. God can and does reveal His truth to people. That was one of the Missions of the Holy Spirit.

In fact, recieving knowledge of God is vital for Eternal life: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3)

It's very possible to know God. In fact, that's the whole point of Christianity. To reconcile people with God so that they can know Him while yet in the flesh.

As I said, there was a time I didn't know this. But when the Holy Spirit illuminated my mind and my heart, When He brought me down in humility and showed me things I didn't know, He showed me who He is. I came to truly learn what it means when the scriptures say "God is love". I've been filled with the love of God to such a degree I didn't know it was possible.

So no, I don't just believe it. I know God lives. My belief was surpassed with knowledge a long time ago. And I don't for a second think I am special in this regard. All men are invited to come and know for themselves whether there is a God and who He is. As men humble themselves and come before Him with sincerity of heart. They can know God for themselves. That's the beauty of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You don't have to take my word for it. In fact, I encourage you NOT to take my word for it. Go and find out for yourself.

I would love to see definitive proof that god exists.

But you can't, because the religious nuts will all say that God exists because THEY have heard him/seen him whatever yet they can't prove he exists to anyone else.

I wonder why?

Lets say you had a chance to fine out, once and for all, whether God actually existed. Would a Christian want to take the chance that God didn't exist? Would they still believe in God even though a God didn't exist?

If God did exist, you would also find out whether it was the Christian version or Islamic version of God - would you still want to know?

Or do you prefer not knowing?

How to put this, God exists, no proof is needed. The Christian God and the Islamic God are the same God. The problem comes with the fact that the Muslims follow Muhammad whom they call a profit. If they quit following Muhammad but still accepted Jesus's teachings "they also consider Jesus to be a profit", there would be no problems whatsoever. I don't understand how the Muslims can consider both Jesus and Muhammad to be profits when their philosophies are so polar opposites.

Can you prove that Time exists?

I don't think people understand the question.

Lets say you have a button. If you press the button, you find out once and for all if God exists, and everyone else will find out as well.

This is not about whether you believe in God right now. This is about taking the risk that God may NOT exist. If you press that button, you might discover that there isn't a God at all.

So would you press it, and if God does exist, you have enlightened everyone to his existence, or would you not press the button, and allow atheists to live in ignorance?

Lets say you had a chance to fine out, once and for all, whether God actually existed. Would a Christian want to take the chance that God didn't exist? Would they still believe in God even though a God didn't exist?

If God did exist, you would also find out whether it was the Christian version or Islamic version of God - would you still want to know?

How to put this, God exists, no proof is needed. The Christian God and the Islamic God are the same God. The problem comes with the fact that the Muslims follow Muhammad whom they call a profit. If they quit following Muhammad but still accepted Jesus's teachings "they also consider Jesus to be a profit", there would be no problems whatsoever. I don't understand how the Muslims can consider both Jesus and Muhammad to be profits when their philosophies are so polar opposites.

You cannot say that God exists when you can't prove it. If I said that the Easter bunny existed I would be expected to provide some proof. The person making the claim is expected to back it up, yet not one Christian can back up the claim that God exists.

That isn't my question, anyway.

Of course I'd want to know. What sort of question is that?

And what's the question to Atheists?

Of course I'd want to know. What sort of question is that?

And what's the question to Atheists?

Would an atheist want to take the risk that a God actually did exist?

Forum List

Back