Question For Christians & Atheists

How do you know that he, or I, can't prove to you that God exists?

a)She actually didn't say she knows that, just see that she asked a question rather than making a statement.
b)It would be perhaps the greatest revelation (pun intended) ever to be able to prove the existence of god, so it isn't unreasonable to assume that if you were able to do so, it would get out and become common knowledge. :tongue:

I get it.

a) When she said "You can't prove He exists to me" she was actually saying something else.
b) The statement she made was specific to being able to prove that God exists to her, that happens all the time in one on one interactions.

Thanks for playing.

a)Well sure, when you remove the "can you?" from her quote, it's no longer a question. Hooray for you, you can edit what someone else has posted! :clap2:
b)I think what you and I consider proof maybe somewhat different. Also, I wouldn't characterize one person convincing another of the existence of god an 'all the time' occurrence. I would guess it generally takes time and, likely, some other influences before a non-believer becomes a believer (or vice versa for that matter).

:D

That is not what I meant. You believe he exists, but you can't prove that he exists to me, can you?

God could prove to me he existed by showing himself to me. No one, not even you, can prove to me that God exists simply by telling me he exists, as that is not proof.

Funny, I don't recall saying I would tell you anything.

How do you know we can't prove to you that God exists?

a)She actually didn't say she knows that, just see that she asked a question rather than making a statement.
b)It would be perhaps the greatest revelation (pun intended) ever to be able to prove the existence of god, so it isn't unreasonable to assume that if you were able to do so, it would get out and become common knowledge. :tongue:

I get it.

a) When she said "You can't prove He exists to me" she was actually saying something else.
b) The statement she made was specific to being able to prove that God exists to her, that happens all the time in one on one interactions.

Thanks for playing.

a)Well sure, when you remove the "can you?" from her quote, it's no longer a question. Hooray for you, you can edit what someone else has posted! :clap2:
b)I think what you and I consider proof maybe somewhat different. Also, I wouldn't characterize one person convincing another of the existence of god an 'all the time' occurrence. I would guess it generally takes time and, likely, some other influences before a non-believer becomes a believer (or vice versa for that matter).

I didn't edit anything, I asked a question based on her comment that no one can prove to her that God exists.

Since over 100,000 people become Christians every day I fell pretty safe in saying that people manage to convince others that God exists on a pretty regular basis.

God will never be proven to exist because it would remove the entire concept of "having faith" which is the cornerstone of being a believer. IMO

Bingo. I feel no need to have anything "proven" to me.

God could prove to me he existed by showing himself to me. No one, not even you, can prove to me that God exists simply by telling me he exists, as that is not proof.

Because no one has proven it to me yet.

I am not out to convert anyone so honestly I really do not care one way or another whether you believe so why would I seek to "prove" God's existence to you?

If you feel a need to find God, seek him. Perhaps talk to those who want to pass on the Word of God to you. If your only objective is to test the faith of others I can assure you that you will fail with me. My faith is strong and is not subject to the litmus test of non-believers. I will always wonder why non-believers seem to want to discuss God so much.

Has anyone proven to you that Earth is over 4 billion years old? Does that mean that no one ever will?

I get it.

Thanks for playing.

I didn't edit anything, I asked a question based on her comment that no one can prove to her that God exists.

Since over 100,000 people become Christians every day I fell pretty safe in saying that people manage to convince others that God exists on a pretty regular basis.

The full sentence was, "You can't prove He exists to me, can you?" so yes, you edited. :)

I'm curious where you get that conversion statistic...and whether you think those people who become Christian are simply convinced by another person, or if there may be other influences driving their belief.

That is not what I meant. You believe he exists, but you can't prove that he exists to me, can you?

If you need proof then you are going to live one miserable life.

Tell me, what would it take for someone to prove to you that they love you?

Last edited:
Faith is driving across a bridge expecting it to not fall down. Is there a lack of evidence for that belief? Of course not. Is there absolute proof the bridge won't collapse? Again, of course not.

But where is the difference between faith and superstition?
Superstition was that one had to have an elephant cross the bridge before it was deemed passable. Why?
Lack of faith.
Andrew Carnegie had an elephant cross over his 1st steel bridge over the Mississippi in the 1890s.
Investors and rail road $$$ would not commit until after that.

Superstition is believing that you need a rabbits foot or the bridge will collapse.

So simple even an idiot can understand it.

And those that pray for a lottery pay day are not superstitious?
Or is that faith also?

Lets say you had a chance to fine out, once and for all, whether God actually existed. Would a Christian want to take the chance that God didn't exist? Would they still believe in God even though a God didn't exist?

If God did exist, you would also find out whether it was the Christian version or Islamic version of God - would you still want to know?

Or do you prefer not knowing?

Question for you, do you love someone? If so, can you prove it?

The full sentence was, "You can't prove He exists to me, can you?" so yes, you edited. :)

I'm curious where you get that conversion statistic...and whether you think those people who become Christian are simply convinced by another person, or if there may be other influences driving their belief.

Here is the post I responded to.

Here is my response.

No editing, I asked a question based on her question.

But where is the difference between faith and superstition?
Superstition was that one had to have an elephant cross the bridge before it was deemed passable. Why?
Lack of faith.
Andrew Carnegie had an elephant cross over his 1st steel bridge over the Mississippi in the 1890s.
Investors and rail road $$$ would not commit until after that.

Superstition is believing that you need a rabbits foot or the bridge will collapse.

So simple even an idiot can understand it.

And those that pray for a lottery pay day are not superstitious?
Or is that faith also?

That is not understanding statistics. I wouldn't call that superstition or faith.

I get it.

Thanks for playing.

Just to reiterate.....you'll notice how, in your response to me, you quote Noomi as having said "You can't prove He exists to me". That is cutting out the end, which turns it into a question, which is what I was talking about with the editing.

I started my replies fairly tongue-in-cheek, and I thought yours were as well. I'm questioning that now. :tongue:

I get it.

Thanks for playing.

Just to reiterate.....you'll notice how, in your response to me, you quote Noomi as having said "You can't prove He exists to me". That is cutting out the end, which turns it into a question, which is what I was talking about with the editing.

I started my replies fairly tongue-in-cheek, and I thought yours were as well. I'm questioning that now. :tongue:

*sigh*

An interrogative statement does ask a question, but it is still a statement.

Forum List

Back