Question for board experts

funny-pictures-your-slippers-have-been-replaced-with-ferrets.jpg

I had one of those green bar doohickies then it went back to gray. Can anyone tell me why and how this rep thing works? I am not complaining or anything. I am just trying to understand.

I had one of those green bar doohickies then it went back to gray. Can anyone tell me why and how this rep thing works? I am not complaining or anything. I am just trying to understand.

Have you gotten more neg reps than pos reps? That would do it. If you get too many, the green turns to gray, (meaning no rep power) then turns to red.

Well ... what it is first: an ego stroke for some, a gauge for how well they are riling the masses for others, for most it's just for quick comments.

In your User CP (the link at the top) when you first click scroll down to see what you have given and gotten recently. Use the "scale" icon on each post you want to send rep, select positive or negative and a comment if you want. Hope that helps.

Have you gotten more neg reps than pos reps? That would do it. If you get too many, the green turns to gray, (meaning no rep power) then turns to red.

Well, I think I just got a negative rep for asking. I think I can mention that but not what was said. It's the first Negativ rep I got at least that I know of. Oh well whatever. Is thanking people count as a positive Rep or is that separate?

Well, I think I just got a negative rep for asking. I think I can mention that but not what was said. It's the first Negativ rep I got at least that I know of. Oh well whatever. Is thanking people count as a positive Rep or is that separate?

They're different. The number of posts you make can also increase your rep power.

Oh, and being new it's not surprising that only one dropped you into red. Just don't worry too much about it, it will come as you participate.

Why someone would neg rep you for asking a question is beyond me.

Thanks are just that, thanking people for a post. Has nothing to do with rep, just a nice thing to do when you agree/like a post someone made.

They're different. The number of posts you make can also increase your rep power.

Oh, and being new it's not surprising that only one dropped you into red. Just don't worry too much about it, it will come as you participate.

I am not worried. I just like to understand how the Universe I am operating functions. It is useful. And actually the neg rep was useful because it provided me with information on how the system functions. Sort of like a science experiment.

I am not worried. I just like to understand how the Universe I am operating functions. It is useful. And actually the neg rep was useful because it provided me with information on how the system functions. Sort of like a science experiment.

Mouse over your rep power....you could be on the school board!

Forum List

Back