Question for believers: Are we within God's jurisdiction?

Who has the ultimate right to speak the law?

• God

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Man

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Brian Blackwell

Mar 10, 2018
The etymology of the word "jurisdiction" is as follows:

Middle English: from Old French jurediction, from Latin jurisdictio(n-), from jus, jur- ‘law’ + dictio ‘saying’ (from dicere ‘say’).

Jurisdiction means to speak the law. So who has the ultimate right to speak the law? Is it God, or is it man? Whose jurisdiction are we living under?

Man's law - governmental law - claims the right to authoritatively speak law which supersedes all others. If man's law conflicts with God's law, government claims the right to ignore God's law and punish by its own standards. But that is their claim. Where do you believe authority resides in your own life?

A man cannot have two masters. If you believe that man's law holds authority, then it must take precedence over all other law, including God's. If you believe God's law holds authority, then it also must take precedence. If one takes precedence as the authority which may dictate to you the appropriate standard of behavior, the other is obviated entirely, and ceases to exist as authority. Where the two coincide, one is redundant - a hollow echo - and that which is redundant cannot dictate behavior, as it contributes no content of its own. And so again, it ceases to exist as authority.

An authority must be primary to act as a standard; for its role is to judge all behavior, and all other standards of behavior. There can only be one standard in the primary place, and all others have no authority over it, or the being which lives by dictates of the primary standard. The logical implication is that if a person is to honor God's law as the primary authority, they can have no obligation to obey man's law, or to even recognize it as authority. If one does not recognize it, it is wrong for them to support it as such, and to impose it upon themselves, their family, their neighbors, and the world at large.

It appears conclusive that no person can both support government's claim to authority, and be a person of God.

Give unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and unto God the things that are God's

We are expected to follow laws UNLESS they go against God's Laws....then God's Laws are paramount

We are expected to follow laws UNLESS they go against God's Laws....then God's Laws are paramount
Still a believer in fairy tales I see. LOL.

Too bad you don't walk it like you talk it, you pseudo-christian.

I'm a believer. “In the Name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Holy Meatballs…”

His holiness cares not for Human laws. "That's up to you guys. Now, who has the forks?"

You have something against Italians? LOL:1peleas:consigliere

I'm a believer. “In the Name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Holy Meatballs…”

His holiness cares not for Human laws. "That's up to you guys. Now, who has the forks?"

Here is my favorite Christian joke.....................

The new Priest was so nervous at his first mass that he could hardly speak. Before the second week in the pulpit he asked the bishop how he could relax. The Bishop said, "Next week, put some vodka in the water pitcher. After a few sips, everything should run smoothly."

The next Sunday, the new priest put the suggestion into practice and was able to talk up a storm and felt just great. Upon returning to the rectory, however, he found a note from the Bishop...

1. Next time sip, rather than gulp.
  2. There are 10 Commandments, not 12.
  3. There are 12 Disciples, not 10.
  4. David slew Goliath, he didn't kick the shit out of him.
  5. We do not refer to Jesus Christ and his Apostles as "J.C. and the boys."
  6. Next week there is a taffy pulling contest at St. Peters, not a Peter pulling contest at St. Taffy.
  7. We do not refer to the cross as "The Big T."
  8. We do not refer to the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost as "Big Daddy, Junior and the Spook."
  9. The recommended way of saying grace is not Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, Yea God!"
  10. And last but not least, it is the "Virgin Mary," not "Mary with the cherry."

DeanMartin.jpg

When the moon hits your eye.....!
5a78af4b016981000155d3a8_spicy-fennel-puttanesca-pizza.jpg

È ora di dormire con i pesci.
You have something against Italians? LOL:1peleas:consigliere

I went to an Italian cook-out once, and the spaghetti kept falling through the grill.

It really is laughable that you pretend to be a Cristian when you post such evil shit that would make Jesus flip out .

It really is laughable that you pretend to be a Cristian when you post such evil shit that would make Jesus flip out .

Yeah OK, tool. Now get on topic, your middle school crap is old

In fact "Timmy" it's high time you really did grow up, your child like behavior is sad

You know how Christ reacts. You must be a real Christian.

In fact "Timmy" it's high time you really did grow up, your child like behavior is sad

What ever floats you boat . You have to a answer to the big guy one day .

It amazes me how hate filled conservatives consider themsleves good Christian.

What ever floats you boat . You have to a answer to the big guy one day .

It amazes me how hate filled conservatives consider themsleves good Christian.

So do you little boy....you're so fugged

New Topics

Forum List

Back