Question about Noah.

Actually there is a big case against evolution. DNA. It isn't the fact that it exists. It isn't even the fact that it passes along information needed for a cell to function properly.

Google a video of the making of a cell, and what it entails. It isn't just the complexity of the strands of the amino acids. It is the specified complexity. Those, complex in their own right, strands have to line up specifically, in a coded order on that single cell's DNA before that cell can function correctly. They are pre-wired to know where they belong on the DNA strand, and how to attach properly.

How do you impart information to your computer? You enter a code. Not a random set of 0's and 1's. It has to be specific to work properly.
Bill Gates likened DNA to a computer, with a code more complex than anything we've ever been able to come up with.

So look at what it takes to make the single cell come to life and tell me who entered the code that created those strands of amino acids and the code they followed to make that cell function.
Ironic, DNA is the argument both for and against God. Sounds like God to me.
Sounds like you failed chemistry.
Why is that?
Because nothing about DNA suggests gawds.
What does that have to do with chemistry classes?

Actually there is a big case against evolution. DNA. It isn't the fact that it exists. It isn't even the fact that it passes along information needed for a cell to function properly.

Google a video of the making of a cell, and what it entails. It isn't just the complexity of the strands of the amino acids. It is the specified complexity. Those, complex in their own right, strands have to line up specifically, in a coded order on that single cell's DNA before that cell can function correctly. They are pre-wired to know where they belong on the DNA strand, and how to attach properly.

How do you impart information to your computer? You enter a code. Not a random set of 0's and 1's. It has to be specific to work properly.
Bill Gates likened DNA to a computer, with a code more complex than anything we've ever been able to come up with.

So look at what it takes to make the single cell come to life and tell me who entered the code that created those strands of amino acids and the code they followed to make that cell function.
Why is that?
If you would like I could help type your replies.

Why is that?
DNA is a chemical structure. You didn't know that?

Did you ever take a chemistry class?

Why is that?
Not if the reply concerns a discussion involving chemistry.

Why is that?
Ok, any post you have other than chemistry just let me know.

Why is that?
Thanks. I need some help with the talking snake, thingy.

Sure thing. How about, "wow, isn't it amazing how God can just graphic imagery and symbolism to create both an abstract construct and a solid representation of a world we can actually have little understanding of from our current point of view. I have been so small minded in not seeing the the obvious attempts of someone so much greater than myself trying to give me strength and wisdom. I am truly grateful and now know there is a God."
Or you could just go with, "Talking snakes? That's silly."

Hollow, sorry if that last suggestion was not very good. If I had actually put the car in park while I typed and had my morning coffee it might have been better. God seems to be a just as active in the morning as any other time of the day so I can be thankful for that.

Sure thing. How about, "wow, isn't it amazing how God can just graphic imagery and symbolism to create both an abstract construct and a solid representation of a world we can actually have little understanding of from our current point of view. I have been so small minded in not seeing the the obvious attempts of someone so much greater than myself trying to give me strength and wisdom. I am truly grateful and now know there is a God."
Your argument is not with me so much as it is with the more excitable Christians who don't accept your imagery and symbolism but require a literal rendering of genesis, taking snakes, floods Arks, etc.

I find it interesting and exciting that human nature pursues deeper than the superfluous non-answer of "the gods did it". We pursue knowledge. Allegorically speaking, it's both the blessing and curse of our nature-- which is why the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" is a very apropos symbol of eternal sin.

Your argument is not with me so much as it is with the more excitable Christians who don't accept your imagery and symbolism but require a literal rendering of genesis, taking snakes, floods Arks, etc.

I find it interesting and exciting that human nature pursues deeper than the superfluous non-answer of "the gods did it". We pursue knowledge. Allegorically speaking, it's both the blessing and curse of our nature-- which is why the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" is a very apropos symbol of eternal sin.

Can a non-answer not be superfluous, you are not speaking allegorically, and apropos apparently does not mean what you think it means. This was a non-chemistry post. I thought we agreed you were going to seek help on those.

Sorry, but your YEC'ist, literal view of Ark tales
posts like this is why I believe atheists are idiots.....
you're just a tiresome troll with no imagination.......
Cut and paste spam. Typical.
Hollie,
Taz, you don't listen. What race was Ham's wife?
So, let me guess. You're just another angry fundamentalist who can't support their argument.

It is you who doesn't listen. Ark tales are not a true rendering of historical events.

Did you know that some of the Egyptian pyramids were constructed in the general timeline of the Ark tale. How many Egyptians can dance on the tip of a pyramid?
it can be scientifically proven that more angels can dance on the head of an atheist than on the head of a pin.......because atheists have flat heads......
Typical pointless babble. You can't explain why Egyptian civilization was thriving at the time of the Ark tales, so you stutter and mumble.
civilization in Egypt started long, long after the flood you silly young earther......

You YEC'ists have real problems with a reality based worldview.

Aside from the Egyptians, why do the Maya have record of your silly biblical flood.

actually, the Mayans did have a flood story, as did many South American natives.....
Flood Stories from Around the World

Can a non-answer not be superfluous, you are not speaking allegorically, and apropos apparently does not mean what you think it means. This was a non-chemistry post. I thought we agreed you were going to seek help on those.
The non-answer of "the gods did it" is both superfluous and tome wasting. What the god environment does is illustrate that only by pursuing experimentation, using tools available to expand perception (science), do we ever stand a chance at detecting/discerning the force behind our existence. What we learn is that supernatural hypotheses, (religious dogma in this case) removes us further and further from our goal, or any hope of achieving our goal of coming to terms with our existence. The term “supernatural” essentially defines out of science what is knowable and understandable. By adhering to the theistic paradigm, you can never know. You already "know" what you need to know, and that's contained in one of many “holy texts”.

Sorry, but your YEC'ist, literal view of Ark tales
posts like this is why I believe atheists are idiots.....
Cut and paste spam. Typical.
So, let me guess. You're just another angry fundamentalist who can't support their argument.

It is you who doesn't listen. Ark tales are not a true rendering of historical events.

Did you know that some of the Egyptian pyramids were constructed in the general timeline of the Ark tale. How many Egyptians can dance on the tip of a pyramid?
it can be scientifically proven that more angels can dance on the head of an atheist than on the head of a pin.......because atheists have flat heads......
Typical pointless babble. You can't explain why Egyptian civilization was thriving at the time of the Ark tales, so you stutter and mumble.
civilization in Egypt started long, long after the flood you silly young earther......

You YEC'ists have real problems with a reality based worldview.

Aside from the Egyptians, why do the Maya have record of your silly biblical flood.

actually, the Mayans did have a flood story, as did many South American natives.....
Flood Stories from Around the World

And the timelines don't coincide with biblical Ark tales. Were The Egyptians somehow excerpt from your flood tales?

The non-answer of "the gods did it" is both superfluous and tome wasting. What the god environment does is illustrate that only by pursuing experimentation, using tools available to expand perception (science), do we ever stand a chance at detecting/discerning the force behind our existence. What we learn is that supernatural hypotheses, (religious dogma in this case) removes us further and further from our goal, or any hope of achieving our goal of coming to terms with our existence. The term “supernatural” essentially defines out of science what is knowable and understandable. By adhering to the theistic paradigm, you can never know. You already "know" what you need to know, and that's contained in one of many “holy texts”.
Yes, a non-answer is always superfluous. You were being verbose when you should have been listening to God.

Yes, a non-answer is always superfluous. You were being verbose when you should have been listening to God.

I have been listening. They told me not to listen to you.

I have been listening. They told me not to listen to you.
Oops, I guess you really have been listening. ;)

Forum List

Back