What Has Stayed God's Hand Against America?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
We must admit the fact that Sodom of old would appear a shinning light when compared to America in 2014. We are indeed a most depraved and ungodly nation. We have embraced almost everything God has deemed unclean or abdominal. Why have we not provoked our own destruction?

I submit that while we have sent missionaries to every continent and have a church on nearly every corner it is our generosity that has stayed God's hand. No other people are as quick to respond to a natural disaster or a deadly disease anywhere in the world as are the American people. We give of our people, our money, and our resources whenever and wherever the need arises without regard as to whether those receiving our assistance is friend or foe.

When Katrina hit New Orleans, I saw most all the churches in my town mobilize overnight to transport clothing, water, and human essentials to the beleaguered residents of New Orleans. Private vehicles were made readily available for the task. I have seen this happen time and again.

We support the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army who are most often the first responders to any national emergency. We feed the homeless and the displaced veterans.

Again, this is in my own small and personal opinion the singular reason God has delayed wiping us off the face of the earth.

Well, after the Flood, God said/promised He would never again destroy all flesh. Whether that means no divine retribution ever of any degree, or just not wiping us out again I can't say.

Well, after the Flood, God said/promised He would never again destroy all flesh. Whether that means no divine retribution ever of any degree, or just not wiping us out again I can't say.

I agree with you there but my OP is narrowly centered upon America, not the entire earth.

We must admit the fact that Sodom of old would appear a shinning light when compared to America in 2014. We are indeed a most depraved and ungodly nation. We have embraced almost everything God has deemed unclean or abdominal. Why have we not provoked our own destruction?

I submit that while we have sent missionaries to every continent and have a church on nearly every corner it is our generosity that has stayed God's hand. No other people are as quick to respond to a natural disaster or a deadly disease anywhere in the world as are the American people. We give of our people, our money, and our resources whenever and wherever the need arises without regard as to whether those receiving our assistance is friend or foe.

When Katrina hit New Orleans, I saw most all the churches in my town mobilize overnight to transport clothing, water, and human essentials to the beleaguered residents of New Orleans. Private vehicles were made readily available for the task. I have seen this happen time and again.

We support the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army who are most often the first responders to any national emergency. We feed the homeless and the displaced veterans.

Again, this is in my own small and personal opinion the singular reason God has delayed wiping us off the face of the earth.

Actually, no, it isn't merely your "own small and personal opinion": it is supported by the 16th chapter of the prophet Ezekiel — which incidentally enough, also just happens to bring up the story of the destruction of Sodom.

Note the bold, underlined words of the text:

Ezekiel Chapter 16 said:
44Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.

45Thou art thy mother's daughter, that lotheth her husband and her children; and thou art the sister of thy sisters, which lothed their husbands and their children: your mother was an Hittite, and your father an Amorite.

46And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.

47Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways.

48As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

49Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

50And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

51Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.

52Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters.

53When I shall bring again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring again the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them:

54That thou mayest bear thine own shame, and mayest be confounded in all that thou hast done, in that thou art a comfort unto them.

55When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.

56For thy sister Sodom was not mentioned by thy mouth in the day of thy pride,

57Before thy wickedness was discovered, as at the time of thy reproach of the daughters of Syria, and all that are round about her, the daughters of the Philistines, which despise thee round about.

58Thou hast borne thy lewdness and thine abominations, saith the LORD.

59For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the covenant.

60Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

61Then thou shalt remember thy ways, and be ashamed, when thou shalt receive thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger: and I will give them unto thee for daughters, but not by thy covenant.

62And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD:

63That thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord GOD.

EZEKIEL CHAPTER 16

Sodom was a fortified city rich with the blessings of God.

If I wanted to draw a very good analogy to it, I would recommend someone to watch this movie.

The Purge - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It is bar-none the best parallel to what Sodom was like that I have ever seen on film.

The family in the film is representative of Lot's family.

The stranger who is let into the house is representative of one of the two angels who came to visit Lot and his family to warn them of the coming destruction.

The barbaric, violent horde of heathens outside the home who are demanding of Lot that he release the stranger so that they can break him down (i.e. rape — "bring them out, so that we may know them"[http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-Chapter-19/]) and likely murder him represent the vicious, godless inhabitants of Sodom. :thup:

Last edited:

1272348532_original-lol.gif

1272348532_original-lol.gif

Moonglow is a very good example of why we should be wiped out.

moonglow said:

the_human_being said:

FYI: the USMB Moonie is Native American.

He prolly sees our being wiped out as long overdue justice.

I'm not sayin' that he doesn't have every right to feel that way, either.

Just sayin'. :thup:

Before dumping on the US for being ungodly, consider Israel allows just about everything we do PLUS has had full LGBT equality much longer than we have. And unlike the US, they've never lost a war with all that 'ungodly' stuff. If God had a problem with that sort of thing, you'd think Israel woulda been wiped out long ago.

Before dumping on the US for being ungodly, consider Israel allows just about everything we do PLUS has had full LGBT equality much longer than we have. And unlike the US, they've never lost a war with all that 'ungodly' stuff. If God had a problem with that sort of thing, you'd think Israel woulda been wiped out long ago.

Yes, but is it legal in Israel for middle-aged creeps to hang out at public swimming pools and watch the teenage girls traipse around in their bikinis?

Source: What we say matters. A lot. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Dunno who the hell you think you are, and truth be told, I really don't give a spit.

But if there's anybody here who doesn't have the right to be calling anyone else out as "ungodly", it's you, moron.

To the OP's point...Sodom was destroyed because the inhabitants were inhospitable. You cannot say that about the US.

God will do nothing to Governments or man until the end. Then Jesus will arrive with an army of Angels and destroy Satan and man's armies. Perhaps if you actually read the Bible you might know this. God has nothing to do with Man's Governments. He does not support any. He takes no ones side in a war either. Satan rules the Earth until Jesus return.

God will do nothing to Governments or man until the end. Then Jesus will arrive with an army of Angels and destroy Satan and man's armies. Perhaps if you actually read the Bible you might know this. God has nothing to do with Man's Governments. He does not support any. He takes no ones side in a war either. Satan rules the Earth until Jesus return.

God doesn't take Israel's side in the battle of Megiddo?

Ummm, I dunno what Bible you are reading, but the one I got tells me a whole lot more about the nations that God protects than yours apparently does.

MATTHEW CHAPTER 25

Just sayin'.

I don't believe for even a moment that we are still living in a blessed country. We either flood or burn and a lot of times, both. Cities are being destroyed by violent weather. Our kids are hunted down in classrooms and on playgrounds. We have banned the God we used to quote in school. We have insisted that His commandments be hidden from the next generation. We are redefining marriage as man and whatever. And the officials WE elect have destroyed our economy. We will never be productive enough again to pay off a 17 Trillion dollar debt. Our country's budget is based on going farther into debt, not reducing it. We sign one UN rule after another. They starve our military while others are feeding theirs.They have removed our borders.
None of that says God is with us. But the most telling way to ascertain if He has left us to our own destruction or not, is to monitor our blessing of Israel. We are doing our best to force them to give up land. God specifically warns against that.
And even tells us what to expect if we do. And we are anyway..

Last edited:

moonglow said:

the_human_being said:

FYI: the USMB Moonie is Native American.

He prolly sees our being wiped out as long overdue justice.

I'm not sayin' that he doesn't have every right to feel that way, either.

Just sayin'. :thup:

He's not as Native American as I am. I am full-blood, he's a breed. I don't excuse the fact my people lost their war to the whites. It's a fact of history.

Really?? What Bible are you reading? God establishes kingdoms. He builds up and He breaks down. Perhaps instead of telling me to read my Bible, you might consider borrowing mine and reading it.

You really do need to get some small amount of Biblical knowledge. God has taken down empires. To name a few, Persia, Greece, the Roman Empire, etc. Israel is still the chosen of God.

Thanks to all the churches who donated to us Katrina victims. We did not see any of it arrive, but, I will forever be grateful to the Red Cross, because they really were there, from the very first. Everybody else on this boards talks about all that they sent us. I can't help but wonder just were it all went because, as a a Katrina victim, I never saw any church donation whatsoever.

Forum List

Back