Question about hernia pain ??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
can you have a small back hernia and not have any leg pain ??
Your only pain just stays in your back

Do you trust your DR?

Dear Lord....grab a clue.

Yes , my doctor told me last week

Do you think practicing kicks damaged my Back

Your trying to do martial arts without doing body strengthening first is your problem. Core strength comes before doing all those fancy kicks. Slow down and work on your body, forget the wrestling and all that crap,
its more of an ego thing

Herniated discs tend to cause radicular pain downstream from the nerve roots that are being compressed. If the pain seems limited to a specific spot in your back, that's more likely to be caused by a muscle spasm. Flexeril is a well known muscle relaxant that isn't hard to get a prescription for because it isn't widely known to cause addiction. Ask your doc, try it, and see if it helps the pain. If the pain is secondary to a spasm, Flexeril should help.

Herniated discs are not anything to be taken lightly. Nor are hernias on the other side of the abdomen, as I have had a right inguinal repaired back in 2002 involving a workers' comp claim.
Yep. I've had half a dozen spinal/disc surgeries in my life but by far the most painful post-op recovery pain was from an inguinal hernia. I had to take oxycodone for two weeks. That might not sound too bad but it was long enough that I actually had the shakes for a few days after discontinuing it.

Yep. I've had half a dozen spinal/disc surgeries in my life but by far the most painful post-op recovery pain was from an inguinal hernia. I had to take oxycodone for two weeks. That might not sound too bad but it was long enough that I actually had the shakes for a few days after discontinuing it.
I am fortunate enough to have a high threshold for pain. I was prescribed Lortab, but maybe took one pill and that was it. The pisser for me was not being able to lift anything more than a 5# bag of sugar for two weeks. Hell, I couldn't play my basses because they were nearly twice the weight.

I herniated a disc, I think. It was at work, never made a claim.

It was uh..pushing up 360 lbs and it was just too high for my body for what I was doing.

Like a tippytoe extended military press with way too much weight.

Yeah, it hurt. I thought about it for a couple days and then ended up going to the Chinese people.

I went in there and explained what was going on and showed 'em.

And they did something with the nerves to where it doesn't hurt.

There's still a lump there, but I can do anything, deadlifts, whatever. I lifted up my lawn tractor yesterday.

Probably should use the upside-down thingy, that I've been on 3x in 8 years. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back