Qe 3??

:lol: Bernanke actually thinks Gold & Silver are not money! :lol:
During the Q&A portion of the testimony, Congressman Ron Paul asked Bernanke if he thinks gold is money. Bernanke replied, “No. It’s a precious metal.”

Dr. Paul then asked why do central banks hold gold in reserves. All Bernanke could say to that was “Tradition.”

When asked by Dr. Paul if he monitors the price of gold – which today hit another new all-time record high, of $1,588.90 per ounce, amid speculation over QE3 – Bernanke responded that he does.

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. will accept Gold as collateral.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. will accept Gold as collateral. Typically, banks accept only Treasury bonds and stocks in such agreements. By making the announcement, J.P. Morgan is effectively saying gold is as rock solid an investment as triple-A rated Treasurys, adding to a movement that places gold at the top tier of asset classes.

Moody's said it could cut the United States' prized triple-A credit rating.

I got news for Bernanke - Gold & Silver are Money!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVArPiDebdY"]Gold & Silver are being accepted across Michigan[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4_ehBNlCL0"]I got news for Bernanke - Gold & Silver are Money![/ame]

Wow - We could not even make it more than 11 days since QE2 before the FED had to start jawboning about starting the printing press to get the markets to move up. We are addicted like a Crack addict to Stimulus!

Yes Bernanke may not have the guts for the job. When Volker knew he had to jack rates way up to end Carter's inflation with a sharp recession he said, "will you still love me when there is blood in the streets."

Bernanke seems to lack what it takes.

I think Bernanke knows exactly what he's doing.

I see no reason to not be bullish on gold and silver here.

The economy was in recession in 2001. The Fed created more money. Result? A boom and then an even worse recession in 2007. The Fed is now creating even more money. Result? Shouldn't be too hard to predict.

The economy was in recession in 2001. The Fed created more money. Result? A boom and then an even worse recession in 2007. The Fed is now creating even more money. Result? Shouldn't be too hard to predict.
Shorting the market on the probability of either the Euro or US debt ceiling tanking it very soon seems prudent.

As long as you can predict the result, you can position yourself to gain enormous wealth from it.

As the old times told us: "If you can't beat them join them", "Go with the flow" & "When in Rome, do as the Romans"

Last edited:
“I think — Ronald Reagan and Tip O’Neill are a great example. Ronald Reagan repeatedly took steps that included revenue, in order for him to accomplish some of these larger goals. And the question is, if Ronald Reagan could compromise, why wouldn’t folks who idolize Ronald Reagan be willing to engage in those same kinds of compromises?” - Barack Obama.

of course then we were not $14 trillion in debt, there was not much competition from China and India, and our presidient did not have two communist parents like BO did.

Demand for Treasuries will remain strong and thus interest rates remain low if the economy remains weak.

a weak economy and QE2 kept rates low. With QE2 going it is imposible to say what will happen to rates even if economy stays weak.

BUt, with anti-business president, weak economy, and deflation Treasuries will probably remain a good investment.

Demand for Treasuries will remain strong and thus interest rates remain low if the economy remains weak.

a weak economy and QE2 kept rates low. With QE2 going it is imposible to say what will happen to rates even if economy stays weak.

BUt, with anti-business president, weak economy, and deflation Treasuries will probably remain a good investment.

Treasuries will probably remain a good investment?? Devaluing your purchasing power by seeking the assumed safety of AAA rated Treasuries scares the hell out of me. Look at the NIM of what banks are making of off lending. I don't see a positive yield on treasuries to inflation for some time. Watch out when we downgrade or temporarily raise the debt limit with no real solution to long term fiscal issues. I'd rather have suspended payments on a ten year treasury and know that I'm fine years 6 through 10, than temporarily continue my interest payments now and risk my money long term. Either way I'd still rather invest in a hundred other avenues than treasuries.

Either way I'd still rather invest in a hundred other avenues than treasuries.[/QUOTE]

Treasuries returned 42% in 2008 they are safer than most other things to this day and still look good. Im biased though I just finished THe Age of Deleveraging which said Treasuries are the best

Treasuries returned 42% in 2008 they are safer than most other things to this day and still look good. Im biased though I just finished THe Age of Deleveraging which said Treasuries are the best
Source please.

As for the outlook on these bonds:
1st time ever: 10-year yield is below 3%

Not exactly looking like a smart investment. Also keep in mind that government pays for such bonds by raising taxes. You also have to take inflation into account.

Source please.

[Age of Deliveraging by A Gary Schilling]

Not exactly looking like a smart investment. Also keep in mind that government pays for such bonds by raising taxes. You also have to take inflation into account.

with the expected deflation it may be the best there is, especially with leverage. I had asked, whats better

Source please.

As for the outlook on these bonds:
1st time ever: 10-year yield is below 3%

He probably meant 4.2%.

Wow - We could not even make it more than 11 days since QE2 before the FED had to start jawboning about starting the printing press to get the markets to move up. We are addicted like a Crack addict to Stimulus!

Yes Bernanke may not have the guts for the job. When Volker knew he had to jack rates way up to end Carter's inflation with a sharp recession he said, "will you still love me when there is blood in the streets."

Bernanke seems to lack what it takes.

I think Bernanke knows exactly what he's doing.

I see no reason to not be bullish on gold and silver here.

Your certainly right today!

a +2 % move on gold, how many times has that happened? unreal.

Well after a single week the DOW has fallen 800 points, I just heard them say that it will probably drop another 200 before the bubble-bulls drive it back up some.
Look...Washington may be stupid, but we are not. Business leaders and Wall Street saw exactly what happened today - spending will go up about $1 trillion with a promise to cut about $1.2 trillion...so in a year and a half the end result is only $2 billion cut??? That is a sin.
And now we got Bubble-Bernanke talking QE3...print more money out of the sky.
We're looking at basically the same practices that was done during the Carter administration that gave us stifling inflation.
We are there. It is why consumers are not spending...they see themselves that their dollar is vanishing before their eyes.

Forum List

Back