Push for all younger women to register with Selective Service gaining steam

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
As it should be in the ObamaNation
links in article at site

SNIP:
By Bill Briggs, NBC News contributor

Ladies, for the first time ever, Uncle Sam soon may be pointing at you.

Days after the Pentagon cleared women to take certain combat roles, advocacy groups for military women say another new hour has arrived for all young female adults to register with Selective Service, the giant pool of names collected by the government should America ever opt to revive the draft.

The movement to require women ages 18 to 25 to sign up for Selective Service — mirroring the law for all U.S. men in that demographic — is rooted in both active-duty and veteran circles.

The Service Women’s Action Network (SWAN), which strives to represent all women in the armed forces, believes such a change is simply the logical next step to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s decision last week to erase the long prohibition on females in combat.

“SWAN advocates for the inclusion of women into Selective Service,” said Anu Bhagwati, executive director of SWAN and a former Marine Corps captain. “Lifting the ban on women officially serving in combat is about giving qualified women the opportunity to serve and making our military stronger, and that would include having women register for Selective Service."

“If you are going to say ‘total equality’ in the military, that has to include Selective Service registration,” agreed Cassaundra StJohn, founder and CEO of F7 Group, which provides resources, training and mentoring to female veterans. StJohn served in the Air Force and Air Force Reserve between 1985 and 1998, reaching the rank of staff sergeant.

all of it here
Push for all younger women to register with Selective Service gaining steam - U.S. News

As it should be in the ObamaNation
links in article at site

SNIP:
By Bill Briggs, NBC News contributor

Ladies, for the first time ever, Uncle Sam soon may be pointing at you.

Days after the Pentagon cleared women to take certain combat roles, advocacy groups for military women say another new hour has arrived for all young female adults to register with Selective Service, the giant pool of names collected by the government should America ever opt to revive the draft.

The movement to require women ages 18 to 25 to sign up for Selective Service — mirroring the law for all U.S. men in that demographic — is rooted in both active-duty and veteran circles.

The Service Women’s Action Network (SWAN), which strives to represent all women in the armed forces, believes such a change is simply the logical next step to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s decision last week to erase the long prohibition on females in combat.

“SWAN advocates for the inclusion of women into Selective Service,” said Anu Bhagwati, executive director of SWAN and a former Marine Corps captain. “Lifting the ban on women officially serving in combat is about giving qualified women the opportunity to serve and making our military stronger, and that would include having women register for Selective Service."

“If you are going to say ‘total equality’ in the military, that has to include Selective Service registration,” agreed Cassaundra StJohn, founder and CEO of F7 Group, which provides resources, training and mentoring to female veterans. StJohn served in the Air Force and Air Force Reserve between 1985 and 1998, reaching the rank of staff sergeant.

all of it here
Push for all younger women to register with Selective Service gaining steam - U.S. News

It was bound to happen. Not so much because women want to, but because some man(men) will insist on it. If the draft were activated today...within minutes, some male would sue to have women included......and would win....thus doubling the pool of people for the Selective Service...thus making an individual's chances of being called up 50% less likely.

It was bound to happen. Not so much because women want to, but because some man(men) will insist on it. If the draft were activated today...within minutes, some male would sue to have women included......and would win....thus doubling the pool of people for the Selective Service...thus making an individual's chances of being called up 50% less likely.
Right. Because it's some Evil Man's Fault that Women want Equal Rights.

Well now you got Equal Rights so stop bitching!

I'm not saying it's evil at all....it's a totally valid reason. I'm just pointing out that I believe that will be the way it comes about. And rightfully so.

Geesh....defensive much?

I'm not saying it's evil at all....it's a totally valid reason. I'm just pointing out that I believe that will be the way it comes about. And rightfully so.

Geesh....defensive much?
Men aren't pushing for you wimmen in Combat, YOU WIMMEN are pushing for that in the name of "Equal Rights".

Well now you got them, and like Katz said equal right ALSO MEANS equal responsibilities which I think many of you wimmen DON'T WANT.

You wanna' get PLACED in a position of Authority by some "EEO BOARD" but when the sh*t hits the fan you don't wanna' take responsibility do ya'?

Inb4 the USMB White Knight f*ggots come in here and post.

Geesh....defensive much?
Men aren't pushing for you wimmen in Combat, YOU WIMMEN are pushing for that in the name of "Equal Rights".

Well now you got them, and like Katz said equal right ALSO MEANS equal responsibilities which I think many of you wimmen DON'T WANT.

You wanna' get PLACED in a position of Authority by some "EEO BOARD" but when the sh*t hits the fan you don't wanna' take responsibility do ya'?

Inb4 the USMB White Knight f*ggots come in here and post.

Please pay attention. I have no problem with women being part of the Draft and having to register with the Selective Service. None whatsoever. I am just pointing out that IF it does not happen thru Congressional action....it WILL happen thru a lawsuit. Because women, such as myself, have PROVEN that we are a vital part of the Military and there is no valid reason to NOT include us in the Draft if there was such a need. Some will not want to serve....so what? There are many men who do not want to serve either. Big surprise there, eh?

First you blame a man:
Then you soften your stance when called out on it:
Please pay attention. I have no problem with women being part of the Draft and having to register with the Selective Service. None whatsoever. I am just pointing out that IF it does not happen thru Congressional action....it WILL happen thru a lawsuit. Because women, such as myself, have PROVEN that we are a vital part of the Military and there is no valid reason to NOT include us in the Draft if there was such a need. Some will not want to serve....so what? There are many men who do not want to serve either. Big surprise there, eh?
Pay Attention:

Red Blooded, Heterosexual American Men don't want Women to be Drafted. A REAL Man doesn't want to see Women in Combat.

It doesn't mean we want to oppress you and keep you down, in fact it means we want to protect you. We're good at that.

First you blame a man:
Then you soften your stance when called out on it:
Pay Attention:

Red Blooded, Heterosexual American Men don't want Women to be Drafted. A REAL Man doesn't want to see Women in Combat.

It doesn't mean we want to oppress you and keep you down, in fact it means we want to protect you. We're good at that.

That is a fantasy, never based on reality. Women have been in the military and been in combat for a long time. The only thing is they are not getting the kind of credit that men are even tho they are still getting shot and blown up.

Forum List

Back