punishing north korea

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by just_sad, Oct 18, 2006.

1. just_sad

just_sad Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i am sure there will be a punish for north korea sooner or later
    but how this punishment will be ?

by cutting out food and medicine like they did to iraq befor the war
    remember gas for food ?

how was that a punishment ... they were punishing iraq kids and old people who are sick by cutting off the food and medicine

wasnt that so unkind ?

anyway i hope this doesnt happen to north korea childern too ... its already happening i guess

but just how is by cutting a medicine and food is a punish for some fascist
    :tdown2:

2. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    There are advantages and disadvantages to imposing sanctions on a country. The technology blockade against South Africa was effective in defeating appartheid. But when you cut off necessary goods from a totolitarian society, things can get ugly. Take away food imports and what little food is left will most certainly go to the dictatorship. As you say, it hurts children more than dictators.

I guess the goal is that civil unrest will lead to a ligthening of policies or perhaps the economy will tumble to the point that Kim will have to relent.

3. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    You're retarded premise forgets that it's not another country's responsibility to provide such things for a country. It is that country's responsibility. And if that country were truly out for the wellfare of their people, they wouldn't go around ostracizing those who provide for their people what they themselves can not.

Beyond any of that, however, is your naive assumption that the foreign aid was even making it to those poor, impoverished children in the first place.

Wake up.

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    You are correct in this regard, JS. Sanctions against a coutnry run by a dicatator do nothing but hurt the people further. Especially when the sanctions are enforced by a corrupt organization like the the UN. The Oil for Food might be the worst human rights scandal in Western Civ of modern times and no one ever speaks of it. It's simply swept under the rug like no big deal because Kofi, France, Russia, Germany, China and Saddam made billions off of it. The sanctions wernt hurting Saddam. They were hurting the Iraqi people who werent seeing a sinlge gram of food from that program.

They need to punish the leader not the people.

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Here's one way to fix it :)

Attached Files:

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Too true. I fail to understand how we (meaning the international community) keep trying the same old stuff when it has failed time and again. Sanctions have not worked, appeasement has not worked and the much vaunted diplomacy ("give peace a chance") ploy is about a proven failure as you can get. If we rule out military action or intervention, what other options are there that WORK? Assassination seems to have been ruled out as well. It appears to mw that the world's governments have lost the stomach/discipline/foresight to do what needs to be done and, in fact, goes out of its way to tie its own hands behind its back when engaging the current crop of despots, tyrants, terrorists and just about everyother perverted crackpot that raises his/her ugly little head.

7. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I agree with Mr dmp.. Why don't we send some CIA operatives who look like Communists or the secret Delta Force to snipe Mr Kim in the balls???:dev1:

Akshay

8. just_sad

just_sad Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6

do you know what happened to iraq after 1990 ? ..... u the retarded..
    after all this punishments by the UN....a lot of iraq children died by hunger and lake of medicine
    beside you cant kill children by hunger so you could press on a dictator because thats just stupid the dictator wouldnt care

anyway thats my point maybe i am wrong but i dont think punishing countries by cut aids is the smartest thing to do

9. just_sad

just_sad Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6

seems to be an awesome idea

wouldnt be easier if they :duh3: saddam too ?
    wouldnt be easier than going to war ?
    :banana:

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    You ARE wrong. You're wrong because those deaths fall SQUARELY upon the shoulders of Saddam and his policies AND the UN for their immoral handling of oil-for-food.