Puerto Rico governor resigns after weeks of mass protests

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Looks like PR is draining THEIR swamp!

Euphoria in Puerto Rico as mass protests force governor to resign

"People danced on the streets of San Juan's old city on Wednesday after Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosselló announced he would quit over offensive chat messages that sparked massive protests on the Caribbean island.
After 12 days of sometimes violent demonstrations, the first-term governor said he would step down on Aug. 2, having failed to soothe critics' concerns by vowing not to seek re-election and giving up the leadership of his political party."

"People danced on the streets of San Juan's old city on Wednesday after Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosselló announced he would quit over offensive chat messages that sparked massive protests on the Caribbean island.
After 12 days of sometimes violent demonstrations, the first-term governor said he would step down on Aug. 2, having failed to soothe critics' concerns by vowing not to seek re-election and giving up the leadership of his political party."

Do they actually drain their swamp? As the article notes, his prospective replacement is also a fine swamp dweller of long standing.

Then, there's the question, unanswered, as to how the press got their hands on the close to 900 pages of private conversations. Interesting, isn't it? To me, that looks like someone in the governor's inner circle found a good way to get rid of him, and that might indicate a power struggle between swamp dwellers over the spoils. So, that would be a case of, "The Swamp is dead, long live The Swamp!"

It goes without saying, replacing that goon of a governor won't solve any of the many problems PR is facing.

Trump should make up his mind.
Is Puerto Rico American territory or not?
Yes or No ?
Well..it's not up to Trump..although he does seem confused on the subject. Puerto Rico is part of America....those who reside there are US citizens...although they don't have all the rights of such..and they also don't have to pay income tax...LOL! As for Statehood--Trump and Republicans do not want a state that would be overwhelmingly Democratic..simple as that. As close as our elections are now...PR could actually be a tipping point--so I'd not hold my breath for statehood.

Yes or No ?
Well..it's not up to Trump..although he does seem confused on the subject. Puerto Rico is part of America....those who reside there are US citizens...although they don't have all the rights of such..and they also don't have to pay income tax...LOL! As for Statehood--Trump and Republicans do not want a state that would be overwhelmingly Democratic..simple as that. As close as our elections are now...PR could actually be a tipping point--so I'd not hold my breath for statehood.
Dude,
The question is very simple.
Yes or No ?
Why would you want to make me ask the same stupid question ?
You know the answer.

Yes or No ?
Dude,
Yes or No ?
You know the answer.
I do..it's yes. You stupid POS.

The last 3 or 4 times Statehood was on the PR ballot, it was voted down.
Not so..sort of. The last few times it was on the ballot..it won..but the election was tainted by the fact that the anti-statehood people boycotted..so that the initiative won..with 25% of the vote..LOL! another time, the initiative won..but over half a million ballots were returned blank...yet another time the top winner was ,'none of the above'.

23% of Puerto Ricans Vote in Referendum, 97% of Them for Statehood

"Puerto Rico has been a United States territory since 1898, when the island was acquired from Spain after the Spanish-American War. Sunday’s nonbinding referendum was the fifth time during Puerto Rico’s relationship with the United States that Puerto Ricans voted on their future. They have generally chosen from statehood, independence and remaining a territory.
But the process is usually marred, with ballot language phrased to favor the party in office. In 1998, “none of the above” was the top winner. In 2012, 61 percent of counted votes went to statehood — and half a million ballots were left blank."

/—-/ Maybe this is the turning point.
95B119CB-09C5-4D1E-A635-74D17F36A1A9.jpeg

This is how leftist democrats want our elections to work.
Like wet t-shirt contests during spring break.

Well it is his fault that he shouldn't said that Pres.Trump has done a great job on the relief effort.

Yes or No ?
Dude,
Yes or No ?
You know the answer.
I do..it's yes. You stupid POS.
Thanks Forrest Gump

Forum List

Back