Public money for education is good investment

That's why we won the second world war. Remember Roosevelt? We would be a third world country if it was not for liberals.

Bullshit. Roosevelt bankrupted us. He got us into the war mainly to deflect attention from his miserable economic performance.

What shape was the nation in when FDR assumed office and what shape was it in when he died?

When he came into office the country was in ruins, thanks to Hoover. When he left we were the number one super power in the world.

Now, that's a fact, Jack.

It's interesting to look at a list of countries ranked by educational outcome, i.e. test scores.

The last time I looked, all 10 of the Top 10 used a public school system. Finland ranked #1.

I suspect the problem with US education is not that it is a public system, and possibly not even that it is under-funded, but that it is so politicised.

My take on it - let teachers run the schools without political interference. Pay teachers well.

It works here.

Also, ALL teachers in Finland have a Masters Degree.

No Fins illegally immigrated from Mexico, had kids, then dumped them into the Finnish Public School System mainly so they could receive Free and Reduced Lunches.

No Fins had ancestors who were slaves, and once freed, became Wards of the Finnish State.

No Fins floated over from Cuba after Castro opened the prisons

No Fins are on Reservations.

The problem with the US Public School System is the Public is not a homogeneous Scandinavian Tribe of people that share a common culture. The "Melting Pot" has never worked; we remain a highly mixed culture, within which many groups have never appreciated education. Any teacher will confirm that it only takes one or two members of these groups (which, by the way, include the most ignorant dregs of white Europeans, e.g. Honey Boo Boo, et al.) and most of effort to teach is wasted.

Last edited:
Yeah sure. No one spends more money on education that we do and no one gets less out of it.

A computer can teach better than most teachers in America.

I learned more about math in 3 months using a simple computer program than I ever did listening to some boring instructor and watching them write on a chalkboard.

Yeah sure. No one spends more money on education that we do and no one gets less out of it.

A computer can teach better than most teachers in America.

I learned more about math in 3 months using a simple computer program than I ever did listening to some boring instructor and watching them write on a chalkboard.

I agree. Great idea. Close the schools and use computers. Think of the money we would save.

That's why we won the second world war. Remember Roosevelt? We would be a third world country if it was not for liberals.

Bullshit. Roosevelt bankrupted us. He got us into the war mainly to deflect attention from his miserable economic performance.

What shape was the nation in when FDR assumed office and what shape was it in when he died?

12 years after the beginning of the Great Depression unemployment was still over 15%. Only a deluded lib could possibly imagine that's a good performance. FDR and Hoover prolonged a sharp recession into a major depression. It would have been over in 1933 if they had simply left things alone.

When he came into office the country was in ruins, thanks to Hoover. When he left we were the number one super power in the world.

FDR continued and expanded all of Hoover's policies, so what do we have to thank him for? We were the largest economy in the world in 1929. That was thanks to men like Henry Ford and John D. Rockefeller. All FDR did is convert large portion of it to war production. No politician ever did a thing that left this country in better shape when they left office than when the attained office.

FDR continued and expanded all of Hoover's policies, so what do we have to thank him for? We were the largest economy in the world in 1929. That was thanks to men like Henry Ford and John D. Rockefeller. All FDR did is convert large portion of it to war production. No politician ever did a thing that left this country in better shape when they left office than when the attained office.

We were not the largest economy in the world in 1929. To say that FDR followed Hoover's policy is ludicrous.

We were not the largest economy in the world in 1929. To say that FDR followed Hoover's policy is ludicrous.

Wrong and wrong. Ford motor company had produced 20 million Model Ts by 1929. What other country even came close to that level of automobile production? Even by WW II, motor cars were still a luxury reserved for the rich in Germany and other European countries.

FDR left all the Hoover policies in place and then piled more on top. Contrary to liberal mythology, Hoover was not a proponent of laizzes faire. He was a big believer in activist government.

Actually, FDR was a big critic of Hoover during the 1932 presidential election. He often criticised Hoover for being a huge deficit spender. He also wanted advocated abolishing useless commissions and offices, consolidating departments and bureaus, and eliminating extravagances.

I think you can figure out where FDR went from there...

Actually, FDR was a big critic of Hoover during the 1932 presidential election. He often criticised Hoover for being a huge deficit spender. He also wanted advocated abolishing useless commissions and offices, consolidating departments and bureaus, and eliminating extravagances.

Yes, to a four term president.

Yeah, because the length a presidency automatically equates the to success of the administration.

Is it any wonder why the Great Depression lasted as long as it did?

Yeah, because the length a presidency automatically equates the to success of the administration.

This recession is lasting longer than the great depression. The republicans are seeing that it is not ended until the gain the white house.

This recession is lasting longer than the great depression. The republicans are seeing that it is not ended until the gain the white house.

The Great Depression lasted for a decade or more. With some deeper analysis, it can be said that the Depression did not end until 1947, which is nearly two decades.

Even in a stacked two party majority electoral system, I don't see how you'll be able to keep Republicans out of the White House for that long. Maybe if you repealed the Twenty-Second Amendment. I dunno.

The Great Depression lasted for a decade or more. With some deeper analysis, it can be said that the Depression did not end until 1947, which is nearly two decades.

Even in a stacked two party majority electoral system, I don't see how you'll be able to keep Republicans out of the White House for that long. Maybe if you repealed the Twenty-Second Amendment. I dunno.

It's impossible to have a depression during a world war. The players make a fortune off of it.

It's impossible to have a depression during a world war. The players make a fortune off of it.

This is why the Great Depression really didn't end until 1947. All the war did was mask the effects of the Depression. Resources were allocated from production to destruction, war financing was possible through the looser monetary policy and all of the unemployed were drafted.

As soon as the war ended, so the all of that 'growth.' The economy slipped back into recession.

Forum List

Back